Birchbox November 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's interesting- the "what was sampled this month" link just updated for Nov and a good 1/3 of all the samples is perfume. Lots of dry shampoo too. This is the least amount of variety in samples I think I've seen. I was wondering why there are so many repeat/similar boxes being shared.

maybe they are just catching onto people using the cheat or something. my cheat still wont work but i have a tracking number on my account. i also got an email this morning for a free key chain for being a long time subscriber! woo hoo!
Did you know that the keychain will count as a $10 item until you go to check out. If you add $25 worth of stuff you can qualify for a free mystery sample and use a code. Or at least this is how it worked when I got mine in August.

My 2nd box loaded:

The Beauty Crop Lighting Crew Highlighting Cream (swapping)

Malin+Goetz Grapefruit Cleanser (received in another box, but will use)

Malin+Goetz Vitamin E Moisturizer (swapping)

Amika Nourishing Mask (received in another box, but will use)

Living Proof Dry Shampoo (receiving in the Editor Box, but will use)

LOC product, seems to be eyeshadow (will definitely swap)

I'm happy with the box. I have literally no interest in any of the LOC products, just like I had no interest in any of Memebox's house brand makeup. I hope these products don't show up in boxes every time they have a launch. 
Record scratch. My box changed today in the PM; I didn't even know it could do that. I'm seriously bummed.

theBalm Frat Boy blush (useless, swapping)

Beenigma All in One Face cream (useless, swapping)

Dr. Jart Water Replenishment mask (will use)

Parlor by Jeff Chastain Curl Cream (WHAT? Curl cream?? huh? This is so far off of my profile, I just can't even, swapping)

LOC crap (swapping)

I went from having a nice box this AM to a complete garbage box in the PM. Sigh. I'm cancelling the 2nd sub as I type this.

I received my second box today. As @@Jay.Aitch.Gee said before, the LOC impress me shadow stick is really nice. It creates a fading smoky look when applied on the entire lid, I love it!
The Make face gloss is confusing, it's sticky and does not create a substantial glowy look that will make me ignore the tacky feeling. I tried it on my lips and it works okay as lip balm. There is no gloss, but at least it seems to moisture.

Make face gloss has 3 ingredients: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene / Propylene / Styrene Copolymer, and Butylene / Ethylene / Styrene Copolymer.
I checked if they are safe ingredients on Goodguide.com and they all are safe, common lip gloss ingredients. Here are the links:
http://www.goodguide.com/ingredients/153324-hydrogenated-polyisobutene-ingredient-information-reviews
http://www.goodguide.com/ingredients/166496-ethylene-propylene-styrene-copolymer-ingredient-information-reviews
http://www.goodguide.com/ingredients/400444-butylene-ethylene-styrene-copolymer-ingredient-information-reviews

Birchbox or Make website does not list the ingredients (weird). I had to dig through Amazon photos to find a photo of the box. I wanted to share this information in case you want to use it as a lip product, too ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the make gloss tonight and it confused me too. I had to look up what it was and when it said highlighter I exclaimed out loud "Whaaaaaatttt???". Its very sticky and I don't want it on my face. I'll give it a try though.

I got the make gloss tonight and it confused me too. I had to look up what it was and when it said highlighter I exclaimed out loud "Whaaaaaatttt???". Its very sticky and I don't want it on my face. I'll give it a try though.
It is not for the face.  It's a lipgloss.  I think they intend it to be like a highlight in the middle of the lips over whatever lipstick the user is wearing.  I so wish they had less confusing names for the products and better descriptions.  Facegloss?  What is wrong with their marketing department?

Make face gloss has 3 ingredients: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene / Propylene / Styrene Copolymer, and Butylene / Ethylene / Styrene Copolymer.

I checked if they are safe ingredients on Goodguide.com and they all are safe, common lip gloss ingredients. Here are the links:

http://www.goodguide.com/ingredients/153324-hydrogenated-polyisobutene-ingredient-information-reviews

http://www.goodguide.com/ingredients/166496-ethylene-propylene-styrene-copolymer-ingredient-information-reviews

http://www.goodguide.com/ingredients/400444-butylene-ethylene-styrene-copolymer-ingredient-information-reviews

Birchbox or Make website does not list the ingredients (weird). I had to dig through Amazon photos to find a photo of the box. I wanted to share this information in case you want to use it as a lip product, too ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yes, this.  ^^^^^

It's a lipgloss/middle-of-the-lip highlight thing.  Make's marketing department ... face gloss ... smdh.  

I'm cracking up. i honestly thought the face gloss what a highlighter for your face and I was so confused as to why it was clear and stick. hilarious. 

I'm cracking up. i honestly thought the face gloss what a highlighter for your face and I was so confused as to why it was clear and stick. hilarious. 
Oh, don't worry.  That's what I thought it was at 1st, too.  But then people started saying it's sticky.  I'm glad pearldrop posted those links, because I sure as heck couldn't find them.  Unfortunately, the Make website says:

"Brightening and subtly illuminating Face Gloss refreshes tired and dull skin in a vitamin-rich formulation that is colorless, enhances skin appearance, balances and maintains moisture. Perfect for wearing on natural skin or as a soft luster finish over foundation and powder.

Usage: Apply with fingertips or brush and pat repeatedly on desired areas."  Uh oh.  

http://makebeauty.com/face-gloss.html

@@PeridotCricket I think Make intended this product to be highlighter, but it turned out bad. On the Birchbox getting ready video Juliette also uses it as highlighter and it looks as sticky. I read the reviews on Birchbox product page and some recommended applying it on cheekbones using a stipple brush to reduce stickiness. I will just use it as lip balm, applied it before sleeping last night and it's still there :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It is not for the face.  It's a lipgloss.  I think they intend it to be like a highlight in the middle of the lips over whatever lipstick the user is wearing.  I so wish they had less confusing names for the products and better descriptions.

Man,I wish it was intended for lips - then this would be a boring and unoriginal product, but at least one that makes sense. But alas, it's meant for the face. From the product description: 

That’s why we were thrilled when we discovered MAKE’s Face Gloss. Just a tiny touch of gloss along the bridge of your nose or dabbed on your cheekbones, and you’ll be getting your glow on in no time. With minimal effort, this colorless, vitamin-rich formula refreshes dull skin and gives you a dewy, healthy radiance.

Ewww, put this on my nose?!? maybe if I wanted the shine and clogged pores of a 15 year old boy...

I can't help but wonder if this stuff is a result of a production error in the MAKE lab:  

Technician #1: "oh shit, what are we gonna do with all this oddly sticky-yet-thin clear ooze??" 

Technician #2: "I know, we'll call my cousin! He got a B- in a marketing course at State back in '93 - he'll be able to help!"

It is not for the face. It's a lipgloss. I think they intend it to be like a highlight in the middle of the lips over whatever lipstick the user is wearing. I so wish they had less confusing names for the products and better descriptions. Facegloss? What is wrong with their marketing department?
No really that is from birchbox's description from their product page. I double checked before I posted.

Yeah I think this is a product fail.

First semi sneak peak for December! Any super sleuths out there see anything they recognize? image.png

Background:

I see a candle travel tin

A ring holder

Umbra frane

Couch/table:

I see a stetch ponytail holder from summer( guessing just for effect)

I see the crescent moon cosmetic bag

I see the pom pom hat thats in the store

One last thing and I might be wildly off the mark. The thing in the right hand corner that they didnt cover up. That looks like a sample of benefit bb air patrol. Also the hope box may be the curated box cover.

Back