Birchbox November 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting:

Catharine Malandrino style de paris: Nope

Temple Spa Lala lagune bath and shower gel: Ok, will use

Beauty Protector leave in conditioner ok, but I am drowning in leavein conditioners right now

Make Skin lluminator and face gloss duo eh...

LOC berry lip crayon: my pys
Seems like they sent this box to alot of us.  Not excited, mine is out for delivery today.   :unsure:

I really hope they don't start featuring more of their brand in the boxes.  

Wondering if this happened to anyone else? I received two confirmation emails saying I was receiving the guest editor box after all the chaos of sample choice night for Aces. It even showed that box in the cheat. However, when my box loaded officially, it is some random box of samples. I really hate that you cannot get a Birchbox rep on the phone directly anymore, sent a message. We will see what they have to say.

Wondering if this happened to anyone else? I received two confirmation emails saying I was receiving the guest editor box after all the chaos of sample choice night for Aces. It even showed that box in the cheat. However, when my box loaded officially, it is some random box of samples. I really hate that you cannot get a Birchbox rep on the phone directly anymore, sent a message. We will see what they have to say.
You can chat through the website, they're online now. Just click on the little help box on the bottom right corner, when it has a speech balloon it means they are available.

I got my box today. I received:

Temple Spa Shower Gel: I'm really confused. Birchbox's description is "mint, peppermint, basil" and the picture is this product http://www.templespa.com/la-la-lagoon with corresponding ingredients, but the actual product I received says eucalyptus, ylang ylang, and patchouli, which is completely different from the description on BB and the company website? Either way, I dislike it, it smells medicinal.

​
Make Face Gloss: Man, I thought you guys were joking. I'm a highlighter addict and thought maybe it was a product you guys weren't comfortable with or didn't like or didn't understand... but this is a clear lip gloss, what the bleep?! Maybe it would work under or over foundation to make it dewy, but I am NOT going to be the one to try. 

Living Proof Dry Shampoo: I already got this in the Tati box, but am happy with a back-up, it's expensive for dry shampoo.

Liz Earle Moisturizer: Yet to try, but happy with receiving.

LOC shadow stick in Impress Me: Not at all what I would call "rose gold." It's more like a purple-y brown, at least on me. Knowing that I would have chosen another color.

All in all, 3 misleading products make one super confusing box.

I got the same box as @@emwdz  

The shower gel and the Liz Earle product smell really bad.  

The only thing I like is the LOC shadow stick.

I always think I'll try dry shampoo, but I never do.

And then there's the Make face gloss. That's already in my trash can.

I got the same box as @@emwdz  

The shower gel and the Liz Earle product smell really bad.  

The only thing I like is the LOC shadow stick.

I always think I'll try dry shampoo, but I never do.

And then there's the Make face gloss. That's already in my trash can.
Same box here. I was glad impress me was purple. Yes, the Liz Earl and shower gel smell bad. I still haven't used the Temple Spa shampoo because it stinks. As much as I made fun of that Beaver Shampoo at least it smelled like Pantene.

Got my box last week and kinda love it. This is my first month with BB after like a year hiatus.

What I got:

amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo - meh about this one I have bleached hair that never gets oily. Adding it to the swap pile.

BioRepublic Skincare Cucumber Breeze Soothing Fiber Mask - pretty excited for this actually.

Davines This Is A Relaxing Moisturizing Fluid - actually tried this before flat ironing my hair last night and umpf my hair is so soft ans I love how it smells. Gonna try to hoard these samples if people don't want theirs.

LOC One & Done Shadow Stick in Nite Owl - swap pile. I hate hate shadoa sticks I wish I'd gotten the red lippie.

theBalm in Balm Desert - LOVE this I have already declared it my new holy grail bronzer.

Do I get anything referring friends? And if I sign my BF up for a box will I get any awesomeness for referring him?

Sorry for the questions, but I knew if anybody knew the answers it would be ya'll. I think my BF would love to get a box but I wanna get the most bang for my buck before I pull the trigger.

Do I get anything referring friends? And if I sign my BF up for a box will I get any awesomeness for referring him?

Sorry for the questions, but I knew if anybody knew the answers it would be ya'll. I think my BF would love to get a box but I wanna get the most bang for my buck before I pull the trigger.
You get 50 points ($5) for each person who signs up using your referral link. When you click on "Invite Friends" you will see your unique link. You can create a new account for your BF using that link and he can also use "5BOXGIFT" promo code on the checkout page, so that he can get $5 off of his first box (this code is valid until December 9),

Tracking for my box, (i live in northern Ohio along the lake) it says it went south instead of north from TN to GA. Then that's it, it never said it left GA then the next day, on the 11th it says Electronic Information Received by USPS in Fishers, IN. But my box isn't there. i'm so confused lol. Ever happened to anyone else?

If you received the Make Face Gloss sample this month and already reviewed "MAKE Skin Illuminator & Face Gloss Duo" listing for 10 points, you can go back to review once more and get 10 additional points ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They changed the listing to " MAKE Face Gloss" and sent me an email to review it, today.

Question: am I the only one who thought everyone was getting a LOC product this month? I could've sworn this was advertised but CS is saying it wasn't. Not really a big deal but i know if anyone else saw an advertisement for it, it would be someone on here!

Got my box today!

Dr. Jart+ Water Replenishment Cotton Sheet Mask - Looks interesting! Will have to try in the colder months approaching soon

theBalm Frat Boy Blusher - Tiny sample! Super cute though, first theBalm sample in this type of packaging

Davines This is a Relaxing Moisturizing Fluid - What a name first of all! Generous sample, 1.69 fl oz, very heavy! Not the biggest fan of the smell though

Avene Hydrance Serum - Tiny sample as well! Looks interesting though, love their mist

LOC Shadow Stick in Impress Me - They sure did impress me! While the sample is small, and I wish i came in the lip color packaging so I do not need to sharpen, the formula is fantastic! Also love the color

Love the box this month! Hope you guys love our boxes this month as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Still no November box in-hand for me.  My mail is being forwarded.  Stuff is making a trip from Omaha to Colorado and back before getting on the right track and getting delivered.  Such fun, not.   I have never lived in Colorado and I have not requested to have my mail forwarded there.  I might have my November Birchbox by Christmas.  I'm not sure I care.  I've cancelled my account again and I plan to leave it that way and just subscribe to Scentbird for a while.  Birchbox and I need to take a break.  But this also means my Scentbird vial for November will be in mail-forwarding Hell, too.  Ugh.  

Question: am I the only one who thought everyone was getting a LOC product this month? I could've sworn this was advertised but CS is saying it wasn't. Not really a big deal but i know if anyone else saw an advertisement for it, it would be someone on here!
I thought I saw one too but now I can't find it. But you're definitely not alone in thinking that.

Here is a picture of my box. I'm looking forward to trying the lipstick although it's not a color I would pick. I've gotten the fragrance sample before and it's ok. I'm looking forward to using the blush and the Ayres body scrub.

birchbox November 2015 spoiler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back