Birchbox November 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used this shampoo yesterday. Hair was very nice, clean and shiny, but after few hours dirty again. Still better than others I tried.
I almost bought a full sized from BB then decided to grab a travel sized can from Ulta because they were doing a GWP (I got a mini Big Sexy Hairspray). As far as I can tell it's just another dry shampoo. My hair just looked slightly less dirty. I guess a dry shampoo that actually cleans hair is just science  fiction like hoverboards and flying cars.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My curated box is showing up using the cheat BUT it's showing "Living Proof 5-in-1 Styling Treatment" instead of the dry shampoo. One of the main reasons I chose this box was to try their new formula - I don't even own a blow dryer to use the styling treatment with!

Birchbox gods, please let this be wrong!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

My curated box is showing up using the cheat BUT it's showing "Living Proof 5-in-1 Styling Treatment" instead of the dry shampoo. One of the main reasons I chose this box was to try their new formula - I don't even own a blow dryer to use the styling treatment with!

Birchbox gods, please let this be wrong!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  
I hope that is wrong too- would be very weird since the box is still for sale in the shop and specifically says dry shampoo included...

So um, yeah...showing the curated box on both my accts. when I know I only chose it on one...either the cheat is flawed...or I'm highly annoyed :/

My account with curated box PYS shows the dry shampoo on the cheat page. I already have the tracking number for it.
I ordered another of the curated box from the store and it was delivered yesterday. It has the dry shampoo in it.
My other account with eye crayon PYS is not shipped yet and does not have the cheat other than the polka dot background.

One of my boxes loaded:

-LOC eyeshadow (PYS)

-Ayers Body Polish - will be nice if decent sized

-theBalm Frat Boy Blush - meh.. dont use blush, but super cute packaging

-Dr. Jart Water replinishment - not sure. i dislike sheet masks because i can't get them on my face too well..

-Davines this is a relaxing moisturizing fluid - ok. not sure if you rinse this off in the shower or if it is a leave-in. Either is ok, will get used

Nothing exciting.. my 2nd box hasn't loaded yet but I hope it is better!

My cheat has loaded as well. 

LOC Berry Lip Color

Davines Relaxing Moisturizing Fluid

My Daughter Fragrances Joyful

theBalm Frat Boy Blush/Shadow

Ayres Body Polish. 

Besides the lip stick, I'm pretty MEH on my box. I'll end up using the blush as a shadow and those samples are always TINY. I'll use the Davines (Pretty sure it's a leave in for heat styling), I'm super picky about perfumes, and Body Polish? I don't even really use lotion, so we'll see.

What url are ya'll using to cheat? Just switching my box's url from 10 to 11 doesn't populate a page with anything for me (sad).

That is the same box I'm getting...not too bad considering I forgot to watch for the PYS email and missed the deadline...I'm excited to try another blush from the Balm since I've recently hit pan on my Hot Mama...at least it's a decent variety for face, body and hair.

What the heck? I hope my box changes because I'm not getting a LOC product.

The balm frat boy blush (yay never tried one anything from the balm)

Dr lip miracle balm (heard good things)

Temple spa la la bath and body wash (body wash will always get used)

Christie Brinkley exfoliating facial polish (I'm overloaded in scrubs)

Rusk texture spray (got is on my other account and loved it)

Two of box pages are loaded:

Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 4.53.58 PM.png

I'm getting one hair item in each box that I'm not interested in, they're not for my hair type at all. And two thebalm items. Looks like I'll have plenty of extras for my circular swaps or trades!

Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 4.54.51 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my box this month!

theBalm Frat Boy - Yay!! Love this brand!

Avene Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Serum - Like everything so far I have tried from Avene, curious to try this as well as see what the sample looks like!

Dr. Jart+ Water Replenishment Mask - Excited! I have something vary similar to this that I got from Birchbox but I have not used it yet, was saving it for the colder months and now it is perfect!

Davines This Is a Relaxing Moisturizing Fluid - My hair is so dry, glad about this one!

LOC One & Done Shadow Stick - I am so glad to get this! I absolutely LOVE Tati, and I know she has high expectations for products so this must be great!

Overall I am over-the-moon excited about this month's box! Such a HUGE improvement from last month's box. Can't wait for it to come in the mail!

I am more than happy that I chose Tati's box when I see regular boxes. I also bought one extra and it came yesterday. It's great. I will use everything in it, already tried dry shampoo, lip treatment and eye shadow stick.

Last month and this month's curated boxes are so great!

oh man, neither of my box cheats have loaded. One has the November-specific background, and the other is still on the generic dark pinkish polka dot background. I was able to get 10 points on each account for facebook sharing though, so that's something. 

Side note: I ordered an LOC kit from the shop - "Just Bare." It has "Nite Owl," the dark plum/ wine (mmm, plum wine!) eye crayon, "On Point", the silvery taupe eye crayon, and "First Kiss," the nude lippie. I have been using it since the weekend, and I can say I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the eye crayons. I bought this specifically for the Nite Owl shade.  I have green eyes, with a slight golden tinge (if I can find the perfect lighting and just stand there,) and holy tea scones, does the Nite Owl shade look GORGEOUS. When blended, it is a really lovely, ever-so-slightly shimmery eggplant. I've been wearing it with smashbox shadow primer, and I have had ZERO problems with creasing, nor does it get that patchy/scaly look (sexy, I know) I've sometimes had with eye crayons or cream shadows. And it lasts. Seriously.  For instance: last night I got 4 hours of badly interrupted sleep, then had a 10 hour workday, and by the time I got home I was sweaty, my face was red and shiny, lips felt dry, hair was stringy...but one look at my eye makeup in the mirror, man, and I wanted to make out with myself.  :luv:

On Point looks more like a silvery champagne with my skin tone, and it has the same blendability (aw, words!) and durability as Nite Owl (again, this is with a primer). It's a nice color, but nothing particularly unique. 

First Kiss, the nude lip crayon, looked gross.  ....But I didn't have any expectations otherwise. Those beige nudes never work on my skin tone, and this just looked like I had applied my foundation over my lips. The formula was decent though, so I have high hopes for my berry shade PYS! 

Latest posts

Back