Birchbox October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! I was thinking cream soda the last couple of days. I think the color threw me off, too. It's awesome that you used your bf as a guinea pig, hee hee! I got my husband to get a pedicure with me a couple of times, but I don't think I could get him to put anything on his face... I don't think he even washes his face with anything other than water! If I did that, I'd have zits all over the place! How you do like the serum? It has made my skin super duper velvety soft, but I haven't seen any visible results yet. I'm trying to decide whether I should buy the Philosophy serum I used regularly for a while and loved or spend a bit extra for this one.
I used it for about 3 or 4 days and I got a gigantic zit right under my nose. I generally don't break out (esp big zits!) so I just assumed it was from the serum. That's why I used it on my bf lol. I actually made my bf wash his face with some of the DDF brightening cleanser then I applied the serum. He likes the attention and I'm happy to give it to him lol. He would never do it himself without prompting from me.

Originally Posted by lovestarbrooke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used it for about 3 or 4 days and I got a gigantic zit right under my nose. I generally don't break out (esp big zits!) so I just assumed it was from the serum. That's why I used it on my bf lol.

I actually made my bf wash his face with some of the DDF brightening cleanser then I applied the serum. He likes the attention and I'm happy to give it to him lol. He would never do it himself without prompting from me.
hee!! i love that you pamper your bf with skincare!

boo to zits... i hope i have better luck; i'm prone to breakouts so easily!

Thank you so much for the reply.
heart.gif

No, I don't have multiple accounts. Just my 1 and the strange thing is my mother had an account which were not linked together at all. We are not at the same address but same area.  Even though we are different ages, completely different skin/hair types and have different needs and interests we would get the same stuff. It's like they went by location. I'm not saying this was true, it just seems that way for us. My mom got Juicy Couture as well. So now I have hers plus mine from each delivery. A 60 year old woman has no interest in JC.

I've contacted them about the J.C. and also Brozning products. My profile didn't have anything that would make them send so much bronzer or foundation dark as bronze. They were sweet and kind but it seems it's part of their job and they ignore it becuase nothing changed. I have a pile of it now going on Ebay and I think I'll just laugh if I get yet another bronzing product or JC sample in my next box.

I do want to say that accounts were quit different. I had to call one time to deal with a billing issue and they were super sweet and fixed the problem with out issue. I would say they went above and beyond for me. Very good Customer Service in that department.

After 5 emails and 3 calls prior to Sandy, I had given up hope. After the storm I decided I wasn't going to call anymore since I knew they had issues but I was shocked this afternoon to find it in my mailbox. t was a great surprise that I got a completely different box! I got the Essie I wanted so so bad . BTW, I also got my full size order that I got with the thank you code. Funny how the crazy bb shipping works. Hope all you ladies that are still waiting will get yours too!

Has anyone placed a full sized order in the last few days and has actually gotten it shipped?

Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone placed a full sized order in the last few days and has actually gotten it shipped?
I ordered a Baggu Duck Bag a couple days ago and it came today. Love it, btw. I also love the Baggu zipper bags. That is how I used some of my points because I couldn't choose a beauty product I liked.

I ordered Mary Lou Manizer on Nov 3rd and got it on Thursday.. And it was totally broken. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I took a picture and sent it to BB but haven't heard back yet. I want a new one!

I ordered Mary Lou Manizer on Nov 3rd and got it on Thursday.. And it was totally broken. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I took a picture and sent it to BB but haven't heard back yet. I want a new one!
That sucks, but you might be able to re-press it. Hopefully you get a good response! And soon..

Once I hear back from them I will decide what to do but I probably will try pressing it. A good protion of it fell out when I opened it (helloooo shimmer everywhere), I hope they send me a new one.

Once I hear back from them I will decide what to do but I probably will try pressing it. A good protion of it fell out when I opened it (helloooo shimmer everywhere), I hope they send me a new one.
I happened to knock my UD Naked2 off the counter and everything was good, except the black. I have white bath mats, not so white anymore and that's after several washes and treatments! O_O I feel your pain lol.

I happened to knock my UD Naked2 off the counter and everything was good, except the black. I have white bath mats, not so white anymore and that's after several washes and treatments! O_O I feel your pain lol.
Haha it's the one time you wish UD wasn't so pigmented. I had a UD perversion single (old formula) break but luckily (?) it missed the rug. There is nothing that makes you feel sick like a palette falling!

Haha it's the one time you wish UD wasn't so pigmented. I had a UD perversion single (old formula) break but luckily (?) it missed the rug. There is nothing that makes you feel sick like a palette falling!
Lol yes! Sadly, it was like a movie slow mo..now it looks like my plushy mats have a few mold spots! Lol, I sat on my toilet and lamented my loss for a moment, then tried to clean up.. what a mess!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol yes! Sadly, it was like a movie slow mo..now it looks like my plushy mats have a few mold spots! Lol, I sat on my toilet and lamented my loss for a moment, then tried to clean up.. what a mess!
This would be when I would haul myself down to Fred Meyer/Michael's/etc. for some Rit and pick a nice, dark color to hide the stains.  I've done this a couple of times, although my stains are usually coffee or tea.

This would be when I would haul myself down to Fred Meyer/Michael's/etc. for some Rit and pick a nice, dark color to hide the stains.  I've done this a couple of times, although my stains are usually coffee or tea.
Omg.. I think I love you..why didn't I think of that?! I'll be doing that..too bad my Michael's coupon expired. I'll check the Sunday paper tomorrow and go. Excellent suggestion!

Omg.. I think I love you..why didn't I think of that?! I'll be doing that..too bad my Michael's coupon expired. I'll check the Sunday paper tomorrow and go. Excellent suggestion!
they have a phone app, too!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

they have a phone app, too!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Lol, I should know this! I used to pop into Joann's only and occasionally, now I go wherever I can find stuff cheapest! Although, I buy my cupcake holders and Mona Lisa pink soap exclusively at Michael's now. First items, they're cute and I love all the patterns and did I mention cheap(usually just grab some from the checkout bins)? The soap, because I couldn't find it anywhere else locally lol.

Lol, I should know this! I used to pop into Joann's only and occasionally, now I go wherever I can find stuff cheapest! Although, I buy my cupcake holders and Mona Lisa pink soap exclusively at Michael's now. First items, they're cute and I love all the patterns and did I mention cheap(usually just grab some from the checkout bins)? The soap, because I couldn't find it anywhere else locally lol.
What is this soap?  Why don't I know about it?  heh

Michael's usually has internet printable coupons, too if you don't have a newspaper one or one on your phone app.  I love Michael's for their coupons.  And because I don't have to cross a bridge and pay $5 toll to get crafty stuff.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back