Birchbox October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No email for me 
frown.gif

I opted in.  I figure why not - hopefully it will at least be stuff that's new to me, ya know?

They just posted on their facebook:

"All subscribers will have the opportunity to opt in or out of the GOOP boxes. Not all emails have been sent. You will get yours shortly :D"

Ok, so I'm basically dying of laughter after checking out the goop website and had to share this with you ladies. This can't be real:

I got an e -mail too.  Not sure what to do....all of the stuff she recommends is crazy expensive, and if I opt-in and happened to find my HG product, I likely couldn't afford it after the sample ran out!   That'd just leave me a bit depressed (or really broke)! lol

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, so I'm basically dying of laughter after checking out the goop website and had to share this with you ladies. This can't be real:

What the heck is it made out of!?

Got the e-mail and opted out.  I am SO not into Gwyneth/GOOP.  Also, I opted out of the Teen Vogue box, and was pretty happy about that.  Am looking forward to seeing what everyone gets though.

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have no idea, but it looks like what my boyfriend's work shirts turn into after he's drenched them in sweat to the point that they're stretched out and I demand that they be thrown away. Seriously, when I look at that shirt I can smell his dirty work clothes. Gross!

Quote: Originally Posted by katie danielle 

I've seen much better looking tees for $3 in Hobby Lobby
roflmao.gif

I'm not sure if this as been posted yet or not but I remember seeing Mollie from BB instagram this sneak peek for October. Any theories on this being the regular or goop birchbox for October?

So far I spy essie and Harvey Prince Hello... please feel free to state your guesses on the other products. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by erikalisa55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure if this as been posted yet or not but I remember seeing Mollie from BB instagram this sneak peek for October. Any theories on this being the regular or goop birchbox for October?

So far I spy essie and Harvey Prince Hello... please feel free to state your guesses on the other products. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think essie is waaaaaaaaaay below Gwenyth's price range, haha! 

I'm undecided...I would love MOAR ESSIE but I do have a lot of essie polishes, including one from the fall collection. I'd hate to get that one. BB has let me down lately, so why not try something different?

Also opting in doesn't mean you'll get a goop box or that's what the confirmation page says. I think there are going to be a lot of complaints about that but at least birchbox can say they warned you.

Originally Posted by o0jeany0o /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also opting in doesn't mean you'll get a goop box or that's what the confirmation page says. I think there are going to be a lot of complaints about that but at least birchbox can say they warned you.
When you opt in it then tells you that you might not even get that box?

I am new to BB this month, and I left mine blank. I remember someone saying she left hers blank, and she got more full sized products in her box. So, I am testing that. My first box is box 15 (September) which has a fairly good sized Caudalie Vinexpert Firming Serum (anti-aging is one of my key concerns in the profile) but nothing full sized. Well, there wasn't much fill sized in September, was there? I am supposed to get it today or tomorrow.
That was me! It ha seriously been awesome on my no splurge account, much better than my splurge set to perfume account! I switched them both to no splurge, and Sept didn't have really awesome full size items, but from Jan-August I'm pretty sure I got full sized something in every box on that account :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

apparently the email itself says you may not get a goop box even if you say you want one because supplies are limited. also if you express no preference, you may still get a goop box... 

Originally Posted by amidea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

apparently the email itself says you may not get a goop box even if you say you want one because supplies are limited. also if you express no preference, you may still get a goop box... 
that was how it was for the Teen Vogue box, and IIRC i'm pretty sure there were people on this forum who didn't get it when they requested it, and people who didn't request it who did get it. it was a mess and people were unhappy, to say the least.

Latest posts

Back