Birchbox October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they did send essie out for everyone who got the Teen Vogue box, the last time they had essie. but i really don't think it'll be likely that everyone will get it this time, would be nice though!

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's a bummer since I much prefer Essie to Color Club. I wonder what gives people priority though? I've my profile set on "one thing you'd splurge on" to nail polish so maybe that'll increase the chances... especially since all those colours in the preview look super super cute and my taste.
I think some people have mentioned that the "one thing you'd splurge on" is the thing you're least likely to get (I guess since it's something you'll already buy for yourself anyway?) but I could never figure out if that was actually proven or just conjecture.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think some people have mentioned that the "one thing you'd splurge on" is the thing you're least likely to get (I guess since it's something you'll already buy for yourself anyway?) but I could never figure out if that was actually proven or just conjecture.
I am new to BB this month, and I left mine blank. I remember someone saying she left hers blank, and she got more full sized products in her box. So, I am testing that. My first box is box 15 (September) which has a fairly good sized Caudalie Vinexpert Firming Serum (anti-aging is one of my key concerns in the profile) but nothing full sized. Well, there wasn't much fill sized in September, was there? I am supposed to get it today or tomorrow.

I don't know if this is true. I put in nail polish and have received some twice and I have gotten full sized items in half of my boxes for my six months of subscription (stila one step bronze, eyeko liquid eyeliner, pixi lip and line). Howwever I have also gotten several "bad" items and really feel like for that sort of thing it's the luck of the draw.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it's true for me. i put perfume as my splurge and i've only received one in august

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if this is true. I put in nail polish and have received some twice and I have gotten full sized items in half of my boxes for my six months of subscription (stila one step bronze, eyeko liquid eyeliner, pixi lip and line). Howwever I have also gotten several "bad" items and really feel like for that sort of thing it's the luck of the draw.
ive gotten similar boxes. In june the one step bronze for both accounts, in july beautyblender box for both again. in august, both got the same box with the stila liner ( but i was lucky since one box was brown and the other black) and last month one sub got the 21 drops, color club in gray and the teas and the other one got a similar box with the same polish and the primer.

Just received my first Birchbox yesterday.  I was starting to think I would get my October box before my September.  Got a few cool things....Not sure if it is worth keeping the subscription though.  I guess I'll hang in there for a couple of months and see what happens.  Not impressed that it took til the 25th of September to get my box.  I live in PA it's not like I live in Hawaii or something.

Did anyone else just get an email from BB asking if you want a Goop themed BB for October instead of the regular BB Transformation theme?

I said yes. I think the value in a Goop box might be higher.

Originally Posted by karenX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else just get an email from BB asking if you want a Goop themed BB for October instead of the regular BB Transformation theme?

I said yes. I think the value in a Goop box might be higher.

Yes, I opt in for one box, and opt out for another, just for comparison purposes.

Originally Posted by PAsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, I opt in for one box, and opt out for another, just for comparison purposes.
I haven't seen any e-mail.  Goop is Gwyneth Paltrow's site, right?

Yep - Paltrow's site.

Check your accounts on Birchbox. there was a notice there, as well.

Originally Posted by karenX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep - Paltrow's site.

Check your accounts on Birchbox. there was a notice there, as well.
just logged in and nothing.

I have a newer account though -- maybe they're doing it by seniority of accounts since they probably have limited boxes.

Back