Birchbox October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we're on the topic of Essie and nudes, I took a peak (haha) at Sneakpeeq today, and they're having an Essie event. All the packs of 3 are $17 ($5.67 per bottle)  and the packs of 8 are $40 ($5 per bottle). I clicked around some more and ended up with a 5% discount so it ended up as $4.75/bottle for the 8 pack and $5.38/bottle for the 3 pack. I've seen Essie cheaper, but it's not a horrible deal and you can try out a bunch of nudes lol. If you're new to the site, you might even manage to get a better extra discount than me and you might even manage to get an extra accessory out of it for free.

The one thing I remember about Sneakpeeq is that the shipping is super slow, but you might still end up getting it before your September October BB shows up, lol :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh I just saw this comment: "New Members only have to pay $7.00 for a set of 3 Essie polishes? I think that's a great deal, considering at your local drugstore 1 bottle of Essie = $8.00."

So you might as well grab it and try some new nude polish ;D Now I really wish I'd waited to join since it links with your FB account. I got a BWC lipstick for $3 and a crappy ring, but I'd rather have gotten some Essie polish.

RGB Beach is my best nude nail polish, I get so many compliments when I use it. I love the formula and it is really fast drying

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since we're on the topic of Essie and nudes, I took a peak (haha) at Sneakpeeq today, and they're having an Essie event. All the packs of 3 are $17 ($5.67 per bottle)  and the packs of 8 are $40 ($5 per bottle). I clicked around some more and ended up with a 5% discount so it ended up as $4.75/bottle for the 8 pack and $5.38/bottle for the 3 pack. I've seen Essie cheaper, but it's not a horrible deal and you can try out a bunch of nudes lol. If you're new to the site, you might even manage to get a better extra discount than me and you might even manage to get an extra accessory out of it for free.

The one thing I remember about Sneakpeeq is that the shipping is super slow, but you might still end up getting it before your September October BB shows up, lol :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh I just saw this comment: "New Members only have to pay $7.00 for a set of 3 Essie polishes? I think that's a great deal, considering at your local drugstore 1 bottle of Essie = $8.00."

So you might as well grab it and try some new nude polish ;D Now I really wish I'd waited to join since it links with your FB account. I got a BWC lipstick for $3 and a crappy ring, but I'd rather have gotten some Essie polish.
Thanks! Just bought a 3 pack for $7! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I still haven't gotten my September box but getting something from the Recessionista collection would make up for it...then I can order more from the shop with my points, 3 month discount code and cancel! *cackles*

I did see Birchbox post something on Twitter about the essie fall 2012 collection so...

Does anyone know where we can read the reviews Birchbox members write for their products?

I want to purchase the LiQWd Professional Volumizing Catalyst which I received in my box, but I want to see what other people have to say about it.

Does anyone know where we can read the reviews Birchbox members write for their products?
I'm not sure that we can yet.  I think BB was planning to make this possible, but I haven't seen a way to read reviews.  If anyone else knows of one, please tell us!  In the meantime, I've seen people ask questions on here, and get replies.  If you haven't yet, you might want to post this on the September birchbox thread.

Originally Posted by missionista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure that we can yet.  I think BB was planning to make this possible, but I haven't seen a way to read reviews.  If anyone else knows of one, please tell us!  In the meantime, I've seen people ask questions on here, and get replies.  If you haven't yet, you might want to post this on the September birchbox thread.
I was wondering about that too, because they give us an incentive to do the reviews, so they must want them for a reason? And it would be helpful to read them while browsing the BB store.

i bought one of the trios from sneaqpeek but i realized after that the three i bought (the mademoiselle trio - mademoiselle, waltz and ballet slippers) seem to be very sheer instead of looking like the color in the bottle, which i dont really like :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by amidea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i bought one of the trios from sneaqpeek but i realized after that the three i bought (the mademoiselle trio - mademoiselle, waltz and ballet slippers) seem to be very sheer instead of looking like the color in the bottle, which i dont really like :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
You can try sticking them in the trades if you really end up not liking them. They're pretty classic/standard Essie colours that a lot of people use, so you'd probably be able to find someone who'd want a bottle.

Mademoiselle is actually one of my favorite Essie polishes. You can use it as a base for french manicures, I use is for when i want a simple and natural look.

I hate sheer polish too. I always want it to be completely opaque, unless it is glitter.

OMG is your home button effed up too? my bf just got a 5,so I got his 4 to use as a secondary device, and it has to have the virtual home button too, so annoying, it gets in the way :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wanted you guys to see the Essie Bottle. Those shades seem similar to the Essie Collection Above. Sorry about the quality...again I need the Iphone 5...lol I will keep using that excuse until I get it. lol

They definitely look like the Essie nail polishes! They are actually the ones I was hoping would come in the September boxes! I would be happy to get one in October's box.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LMAO!!!! Yess! It is! I am so use to it now....that is why I need an upgrade ASAP!  I am too lazy to make an appointment at the Apple store.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I could be wrong but this looks like Fekkai to me
i was thinking fekkai too... got it last month and it was just a foil packet

I really hope that they send the Essie out to everyone, because I'm a nail polish hoarder and would be ecstatic to receive a nail polish and an Essie one at that. I hope that if they're going to send such a great product out, everyone needs to get it!

Originally Posted by messjess18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really hope that they send the Essie out to everyone, because I'm a nail polish hoarder and would be ecstatic to receive a nail polish and an Essie one at that. I hope that if they're going to send such a great product out, everyone needs to get it!
It would be great, but it seems unlikely to me since everyone also already got a nail polish in September. 
dong.gif

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It would be great, but it seems unlikely to me since everyone also already got a nail polish in September. 
dong.gif
That's a bummer since I much prefer Essie to Color Club. I wonder what gives people priority though? I've my profile set on "one thing you'd splurge on" to nail polish so maybe that'll increase the chances... especially since all those colours in the preview look super super cute and my taste.

Back