Birchbox October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't seen any e-mail.  Goop is Gwyneth Paltrow's site, right?
yes, she's always touting overpriced pretentious mess on there, who knows..may be we'll get her $400 cleanse kit. lol

yeah- nothing in my account either. i bought a year sub that started in May, so oct will be my 6th box. 

I just got the "goop" collab box email, too and wondered if you all were opting in or not?

I'm guessing it might take a while to roll the e-mails out to everyone.

I'm torn -- nothing about Goop sounds particularly appealing (especially the name 
icon_eek.gif
) but I'm worried that those of us who opt out will just get stuck with leftovers from last month... a lot of which were leftovers from previous months...

What have people's experiences been when they opted out of the special collab boxes?

I got the email and poked around in that account to see where it was other than the email, but I couldn't find anything there. I'm opting in on my main account just for the hell of it. I may or may not opt in for one of my other accounts, but I haven't decided yet.

I'm opting in for a goop box even though the spoilers in this thread are very tempting but something different might be good.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

where? i'm looking everywhere
It popped up as soon as I logged in. Not sure why you guys don't have it yet. Maybe it'll be there soon.

Sorry :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by PAsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yes, she's always touting overpriced pretentious mess on there, who knows..may be we'll get her $400 cleanse kit. lol
this was EXACTLY my reasoning for opting in. lol

I think the emails just take awhile to all send out, I normally get them late afternoon but all of them say they were sent very early in the morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm torn -- nothing about Goop sounds particularly appealing (especially the name 
icon_eek.gif
) but I'm worried that those of us who opt out will just get stuck with leftovers from last month... a lot of which were leftovers from previous months...

I don't have the option (yet?) to choose but I think I'm opting in if I can. I'm also worried that the non-goop boxes will be leftovers from September, and that's the last thing I want, as IMO it was a pretty underwhelming month. Surely this collab can't be worse than the teeny little tubes and foil packets from last month? /knock on wood

oh gosh. i haven't gotten anything about opting in yet, but if i do idk what i'll do!

the essie in the previews is really really tempting.

but all the themed or sponsored boxes i've gotten have been fun?

Originally Posted by karenX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else just get an email from BB asking if you want a Goop themed BB for October instead of the regular BB Transformation theme?

I said yes. I think the value in a Goop box might be higher.

opted in for this as well! and just signed up for the regular box on another account just to see what they're offering in both boxes =P

I'm afraid of getting vitamins and kale chips and laxatives I mean 'cleanse'.  

I opted in, too. Theme boxes are usually better. But what happened to that collaboration box with the signer no one has heard of?

I used to subscribe to Goop's/Gwyneth's weekly emails - they ended up being a bit too pretentious/hysterical (read: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattcherette/the-12-most-ridiculous-parts-of-gwyneth-paltrow3). Kinda funny lol.  Also, I remember reading in one of the first emails that her childhood nickname was Goop, so that's where the name comes from.

Anyway, I may opt in if I get the chance because I've been liking the sponsored boxes a bit better than the regular ones. 

Will this be an option for everyone or a select few? I have not received an email or any pop-up on their website. My interest is peaked!

Latest posts

Back