Birchbox October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

here is another spoiler: 

from facebook on Malin+Goetz 's page:

in the screen those look like some pretty hefty bottles of product, but who knows- maybe they are just showing big ones and sending foils....

I could be wrong but this looks like Fekkai to me

Originally Posted by diana16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thats how i feel about  nude polishes! I love them so much, I have tons but I deff wont mind getting more

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nude fingernail polish is the best kind of fingernail polish, IMO. I could have buckets of them, and I'd still want more. I agree, I really hope there is a Halloween theme, even if it is mostly packaging. I don't want makeup for Halloween, just fall colors and great skincare with some orange and black motifs going on.
I wish I could pull off nude polishes - I never buy them because I think they look awful with my skin tone! I'm pretty olive from being in the Texas sun all the time (the lighting in my pic is WAY off - I'm actually several shades darker) and whenever I try nude polish I always think of the fake tan+nude duck lips combination you see in mirror self-portraits and reach straight for my bottle of remover.

I'd definitely love a Halloween theme too, whether it's just packaging or also the actual products!

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I could be wrong but this looks like Fekkai to me
Most likely not, since it's from the Malin & Goetz FB page.

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Totally off topic, but I've seen quite a few people talk about pre-ordering the new iPhone.  If you don't already, sign up for www.buymytronics.com!  Whenever I switch I always sell my old phones to them.  We just got $50 for my husband's old sidekick.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gifI wish I could pull off nude polishes - I never buy them because I think they look awful with my skin tone! I'm pretty olive from being in the Texas sun all the time (the lighting in my pic is WAY off - I'm actually several shades darker) and whenever I try nude polish I always think of the fake tan+nude duck lips combination you see in mirror self-portraits and reach straight for my bottle of remover.

I'd definitely love a Halloween theme too, whether it's just packaging or also the actual products!
You just need to find the right nude for you, maybe something slightly bronzey or rosier. There is an Essie called "Buy me a Cameo." It might be more nude on you, on me it is a subtle bronze. I have an OPI that might work too, but I can't think of the name.

You know what? There is a really rosey nude that Essie makes called "Eternal Optimist." I think it could look good on anyone. I know it looks good on someone with dark skin tone. I like to wear it too, and I am super pale, so maybe it would work on olive.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ooh! liking the 2 nudes!
I would LOOOOOOVE to get a nude polish! I have about every single color imaginable except for a good nude, lol.

I agree! Would really welcome those.

You just need to find the right nude for you, maybe something slightly bronzey or rosier. There is an Essie called "Buy me a Cameo." It might be more nude on you, on me it is a subtle bronze. I have an OPI that might work too, but I can't think of the name.

You know what? There is a really rosey nude that Essie makes called "Eternal Optimist." I think it could look good on anyone. I know it looks good on someone with dark skin tone. I like to wear it too, and I am super pale, so maybe it would work on olive.
I do actually really like Penny Talk from Essie against my skin tone, but I honestly probably wouldn't have picked it up if it weren't metallic. I just love bright colours and glitters too much to give nudes much time. I'll definitely check out the swatches of your recommendations though, I need to pick up a few more neutral polishes in anticipation of the engineering internship I may get soon.

Yay, Essie is my favorite nail polish brand. Also, last time I got an Essie from BB it was full sized (Teen Vogue box), so there's an added bonus. Not sure if they even manufacture half size ones.

Essie does some great nudes. I think Power Lunch would look good on most skin tones (light peach), plus it has shimmer in it so it's not too boring. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My favorite nude is OPI's Passion. It looks like pale pink in the bottle, but with my complexion (fair with golden undertones) it looks less pink and more nude.

Originally Posted by randerso /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay, Essie is my favorite nail polish brand. Also, last time I got an Essie from BB it was full sized (Teen Vogue box), so there's an added bonus. Not sure if they even manufacture half size ones.

Essie does some great nudes. I think Power Lunch would look good on most skin tones (light peach), plus it has shimmer in it so it's not too boring. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Pretty sure they sell smaller sized bottles. I think I have seen them in quads like a fall collection, etc.

Originally Posted by randerso /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They do make small ones. They usually make boxes of four minis like this for all their collections. They're apparently 0.16oz each which is about 4.73mL... so a little less than 1/3rd the size of a full bottle of Essie polish.

Oooh fingers crossed we get Essie!  I have only ever got Color club and Zoya through BB (I was not lucky enough to get a TV box).  And here's to positivity and moving forward on this thread.  September's was so unhappy!

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty sure they sell smaller sized bottles. I think I have seen them in quads like a fall collection, etc.
I see their mini quads at TJ Maxx all the time.

I wish I could pull off nude polishes - I never buy them because I think they look awful with my skin tone! I'm pretty olive from being in the Texas sun all the time (the lighting in my pic is WAY off - I'm actually several shades darker) and whenever I try nude polish I always think of the fake tan+nude duck lips combination you see in mirror self-portraits and reach straight for my bottle of remover. I'd definitely love a Halloween theme too, whether it's just packaging or also the actual products!
I have olive toned skin and my favourite nude polish is Cho by Zoya. I believe they still have it on the BB website. It has somewhat of an orangey undertone (but does not look orange at all!) and little goldfish flecks....sooo pretty I've gone through a half a bottle of it since May!

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best nude nail polish on the market is RGB in Doll, sooooo worth the splurge.
Oh, I know. For now, it is the color I use every time I polish. If I could only have one color, this would be it. The color is perfect, but the thing that really makes it amazing is that it goes on thick with one coat and then dries really fast. Doing my fingernails takes about five minutes total, because taking it off is also really fast. I never would have thought a polish existed that could make me admit paying that much was worth it.

Back