Birchbox October 2014 Spoilers! Video is up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not feeling the PYS choices. I have enough lip products and black eyeliner. But I think this is why I need a break from beauty subscriptions, I definitely miss getting the points, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not feeling the PYS choices. I have enough lip products and black eyeliner. But I think this is why I need a break from beauty subscriptions, I definitely miss getting the points, though.
I'm feeling the same way, though I may take the lipstick.  Coincidentally, the AC in my condo is broken so I am going to have to shell out $$$ to get it fixed (it's an issue affecting the heater, as well, and it's still in the 80s for daily highs here, so I really can't put it off).  So I will take the box because I've already paid for it (quit and resubbed with a 100 point code), then use my points after reviewing a couple of items (will have 400 and am in need of shampoo and conditioner -- since when have I been practical? but financial reality is setting in...), then cancel for a long while and work on paying those credit card and student loan bills and using up my massive stash of beauty products.

So I just tried to reserve the add-on candle and got the message - Unable to load vertical Bella J. candle.

Doesn't sound like it worked right?  Does anyone know if it's too early to reserve?
This happened to me, too. Except I kept trying, in different browsers and on my phone, thinking it was a temporary glitch. If I have accidentally reserved five candles, I would not be surprised. :rotfl:

As for the PYS, I agree - no standouts this month. But I'll have to pick something lest be stuck with that dodgy looking eyeliner pencil.

This happened to me, too. Except I kept trying, in different browsers and on my phone, thinking it was a temporary glitch. If I have accidentally reserved five candles, I would not be surprised. :rotfl:

As for the PYS, I agree - no standouts this month. But I'll have to pick something lest be stuck with that dodgy looking eyeliner pencil.
Same here. I think I'm going to go with the ModelCo lippie for this very reason...though last month there were some boxes that had two PYS options! So hopefully we don't get stuck with the liner anyway.

I just figured out that this Model Co lipstick in Kitty, is a darker more pigmented color than the nude one they sent me, before. Now I am waffling on trying to get it. I think I will.

I REALLY want the bracelet add on but I'm so afraid of another the Kate Spade necklace debacle.  

Same with me on the candle...how did it sell out that fast I'm so confused...

The more I think about it, the more I lean towards Model Co Lipstick. I wish they offered Dusk til Down instead of Kitty, as darker nudes usually work better for me. The pinkish Mally lipstick looks intriguing as well. This month I'll pick a sample just to avoid the eyeliner. I was previously sent out by Ipsy, and I haven't seen a single person who was happy about it.

About the candle, is possible it's not available yet? sometimes newly added items show up as OOS... 

I agree the Model Co Dusk til Dawn looks like a much more flattering color.

Count me surprised that the candle sold out so fast. But, remember you can do like me, and order it from the store when you have a coupon. Then you will get to pick the fragrance. My Birchbox order already shipped. So, my candle is supposed to arrive on Monday.

I was able to reserve the candle this morning, but I haven't gotten a confirmation for it yet.

Same with me on the candle...how did it sell out that fast I'm so confused...

I got my candle/bracelet email at about 7:30 (EDT) this morning, and reserved my candle right then... only got one b/c I didn't think 18 extra points was worth spending $18 more.
Not thrilled with any of these picks so I guess I'll do a Mally with my Aces sub and no choice with my backup sub....

Whaaat? Candle already sold out? That's kinda absurd...Especially seeing reviews for the other candles weren't that great....The bracelet looks really effing cute, but IDK if I want to spend an extra $24 on it. As for samples, not really feeling them. Might end up with the brighter more fun Mally color. We'll see when it comes to PYS day!

I am teetering between the Mally Petal to the Metal and the ModelCo Kitty. Could I be wrong in thinking that the ModelCo might be the hardest to get of the 4 items? So that attracts me, I know it is silly. Also, I think that it will be harder to figure out which box you might get if you pick the Mally because they might not distinguish between the two colors on the box details. That is part of the fun for me trying to figure out which box you might get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grrrrrrr! Within minutes of the Birchbox Plus reservation email, the candle was sold out. Seriously Birchbox?!?!? The only time I want to upgrade and I can't? Waaaaaaaah!

ok so I just got the bb plus addon email like half an hour ago...I wasn't going to add these things but I'm kind of surprised I got it so late.  I actually checked my spam folder earlier in the day because I hadn't seen it.  

Back