Birchbox October 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want that Stila mascara, but I want the Power Pose box, too. Hmm... I may need to reactivate my second account but I don't want to receive the customer favorites box or another September box. I wish there was a way around.
If you are just doing this to get one of the curated boxes, you can just buy them for $10 as a subscriber. They are usually available for purchase the day to pick your sample choice goes out. I have done this several times. (It says $15 but turns into $10 in your cart). It also ships super fast, like a usual order. You also get points (you can also use points to buy)!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are just doing this to get one of the curated boxes, you can just buy them for $10 as a subscriber. They are usually available for purchase the day to pick your sample choice goes out. I have done this several times. (It says $15 but turns into $10 in your cart). It also ships super fast, like a usual order. You also get points (you can also use points to buy)!
Wait, what? I want both boxes but don't want a 2nd sub. I can just buy the 2nd when I PYS?

Wait, what? I want both boxes but don't want a 2nd sub. I can just buy the 2nd when I PYS?
yup!  just do a search for it (sometimes they even have a little clicky on the pick your sample that directs you to it)- if you search on the Birchbox site "customer favorites" which is the Sept currated box, that comes up right now to buy a la carte. Once Sept boxes are over, they should come up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to get the stila and I'm going to buy the power pose box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm in love with the box art this month for standard subs plus I really want to try that stila mascara even though I have enough mascara to last me a couple years...

yup! just do a search for it (sometimes they even have a little clicky on the pick your sample that directs you to it)- if you search on the Birchbox site "customer favorites" which is the Sept currated box, that comes up right now to buy a la carte. Once Sept boxes are over, they should come up.
Woo hoo! Thank you so much for letting me know, I'll definitely be getting both now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks!!!

When you subscribe now you will receive the customer favorites box as your September box and you will be able to do sample choice for October.
Aww man...I re-activated a third sub now to give me more choices next month and I was oping to get a regular Sept. box.  Wasn't thinking we'd get the CF box.  I already bought it.  Oh well. On the bright side BBJETBLUE100 worked so I guess that makes it worthwhile! 

It sounds crazy and possibly a little obsessive but I'm hoping to get the Roller Lash, They're Real and Stila on each of the my three subs and buy both curated boxes additionally.  I love sample sized mascaras, and have always wanted to try They're Real. The Stila looks promising too.  I currently use Roller Lash and I LOVE it - provides a lot of length and curl.  I got the W3ll People one in a previous box and did not like it.  It is a very thin light formula and just did not provide me with any length or volume.  

Seems like these curated boxes will be in very high demand.  I hope they are indeed available for purchase.  I remember the Nicole Richie one sold out super quick and I expect these will too!

I was a little disappointed in my box last month, so I'm really excited for this month. I'm def going for the Power Pose box! It looks great. I've been wanting to try a good eye cream.

Aww man...I re-activated a third sub now to give me more choices next month and I was oping to get a regular Sept. box.  Wasn't thinking we'd get the CF box.  I already bought it.  Oh well. On the bright side BBJETBLUE100 worked so I guess that makes it worthwhile! 

It sounds crazy and possibly a little obsessive but I'm hoping to get the Roller Lash, They're Real and Stila on each of the my three subs and buy both curated boxes additionally.  I love sample sized mascaras, and have always wanted to try They're Real. The Stila looks promising too.  I currently use Roller Lash and I LOVE it - provides a lot of length and curl.  I got the W3ll People one in a previous box and did not like it.  It is a very thin light formula and just did not provide me with any length or volume.  

Seems like these curated boxes will be in very high demand.  I hope they are indeed available for purchase.  I remember the Nicole Richie one sold out super quick and I expect these will too!
I have the same plan for my 3 subs. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I haven't tried the Stila, but I already have They're Real and Roller Lash (side note: they're real layered over roller lash is awesome!) and like both so I never mind stocking up on the deluxe/travel sizes . 

I just sorted through the two big totes full of samples that I have horded.  In there were 23 mascaras.  You would think that would spur me to not order three boxes from Birchbox next month knowing that I have all that mascara and that each box will have another one in it.  You would THINK that would have me skip a month.  But, alas, I admit that I have a problem and tiny samples of makeup sing their siren songs to me. I must have more of them.

I just sorted through the two big totes full of samples that I have horded.  In there were 23 mascaras.  You would think that would spur me to not order three boxes from Birchbox next month knowing that I have all that mascara and that each box will have another one in it.  You would THINK that would have me skip a month.  But, alas, I admit that I have a problem and tiny samples of makeup sing their siren songs to me. I must have more of them.
And once you open a mascara you only have a few months to use it before you are supposed to toss it. That's why I never mind getting more of them. Meanwhile you can use shadow and blush until you clean the pan so multiples are kind of a waste.

I reserved the ban.do planner several days ago as a Birchbox Plus item, but never received a confirmation email, and now I see that it's sold out. Does that mean I won't be getting it, or is it typical to not get a confirmation? 

I reserved the ban.do planner several days ago as a Birchbox Plus item, but never received a confirmation email, and now I see that it's sold out. Does that mean I won't be getting it, or is it typical to not get a confirmation? 
I would email them to double check, I usually receive a confirmation email a few days after reserving add ons.

I reserved the brush set and didn't get a confirmation email, at least not yet. Hopefully it still went through.

I reserved the brush set and didn't get a confirmation email, at least not yet. Hopefully it still went through.

Last month I reserved two Plus items and it took several days before I got an email confirmation, so you guys should be good!

Back