Birchbox October 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chose the Stila mascara for my PYS. I hope a get a good box this month. The last few boxes have been terrible for me and I haven't cancelled just because of the awesome rewards system.

I chose the Stila mascara for my PYS. I hope a get a good box this month. The last few boxes have been terrible for me and I haven't cancelled just because of the awesome rewards system.
I missed my email so who knows what mascara I'll get. I don't really care as long as it's not Benefit's They're Real. I've gotten quite a few samples of it in the past and I'm not all that impressed with it to be honest. Right now my HG mascara is Blinc Amplified. It comes off with water and pressure. The little tubes slide right off! However it's waterproof, no smudging and can be worn to water parks with no raccoon eyes (just don't rub your eyes because the tubes will slide off)! 

This will be my 5th box and I honestly like Ipsy way better. I decided to try it because I heard people rave about it. My samples so far have been in awful colors or small sizes. They've also sent me perfume in every box. I think I've maybe gotten one product out of each box that was usable. The points system is great though. So I haven't canceled but I'm still hoping for better. No more blue eyeliner, crayon lip colors, pinkie sized tubes or horribly smelly things.  

I missed my email so who knows what mascara I'll get. I don't really care as long as it's not Benefit's They're Real. I've gotten quite a few samples of it in the past and I'm not all that impressed with it to be honest. Right now my HG mascara is Blinc Amplified. It comes off with water and pressure. The little tubes slide right off! However it's waterproof, no smudging and can be worn to water parks with no raccoon eyes (just don't rub your eyes because the tubes will slide off)! 

This will be my 5th box and I honestly like Ipsy way better. I decided to try it because I heard people rave about it. My samples so far have been in awful colors or small sizes. They've also sent me perfume in every box. I think I've maybe gotten one product out of each box that was usable. The points system is great though. So I haven't canceled but I'm still hoping for better. No more blue eyeliner, crayon lip colors, pinkie sized tubes or horribly smelly things.  
I had to look up blinc when I saw "tubes slide ride off". This is something i definitely want to try now. Mascara seems as personal as hair care stuff. I liked Benefit because it makes me look like I am wearing false lashes. But yeah it does take quite an effort to get the stuff off at the end of the day. 

Summer for birchbox tends to be tons of sunscreen and bronzer. There can also be weird disparity in box values based on profiles. I have two accounts and one always gets better stuff. My dopple is younger and makes twice as much money as the honest profile, so that might have something to do with it. 

I had to look up blinc when I saw "tubes slide ride off". This is something i definitely want to try now. Mascara seems as personal as hair care stuff. I liked Benefit because it makes me look like I am wearing false lashes. But yeah it does take quite an effort to get the stuff off at the end of the day. 

Summer for birchbox tends to be tons of sunscreen and bronzer. There can also be weird disparity in box values based on profiles. I have two accounts and one always gets better stuff. My dopple is younger and makes twice as much money as the honest profile, so that might have something to do with it. 
The blinc is definitely a lazy persons mascara so I love it. I don't have to use a bunch of eye makeup remover at the end of the day or carry extra stuff around with me to remove my makeup if I go somewhere. Also if I make a mistake and get mascara all over my eyelid it wipes right off with a dry q-tip. Sephora had it in their last Sephora Favorites Lash Stash To Go for $25 which is how I found it. If it comes back in stock you should get it because it also has a voucher for a free full size of whichever one you want. I obviously chose the blinc.

I received sunscreen in every box over the summer and it was tiny baby tubes . I don't expect full size but maybe something with at least an ounce of product in it. Two uses and I'm out, I can barley tell if I like it or not.  

I feel like the Benefit They're Real mascara gets clumpy really fast it also seems to be the "cake face" of mascara to me but that's just my personal opinion. It's alright if I'm putting on a bunch of makeup and a smoky eye but most of the time it looks too harsh for daytime. Though my problems with it could just be user error, I tend to work better with fluffy brushes compared to plastic ones. 

any Ace members, i just got an email if you purchase 25 bucks or more in benefit products, you get 2 benefit samples, a moisturizer and a posie balm i think it was. Figured i would let you guys know, they said limited time so check your email if interested or let me know and ill send the link

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw my cheat page. Praying it doesn't change.

Benefit They're Real

Caudalie makeup remover

Caudalie mask

English Laundry for her

RUSK hair elixer

Dinoplatz highlighter

Also I am new here but I have been enjoying everybody's comments for months before I signed up
Welcome! Praying I get the Dinoplatz highlighter, it's K beauty all day and night with me and it's a great product!

Mine just popped up. Hooray for no perfume or Benefit's They're Real! With Birchbox in things that can come in multiple colors are the colors they show you the ones you're getting or do you not know until you get your box? 

My cheat shows-

Avene Thermal Spring Water- I don't really use facial mists that much but I will try it. It say's it's supposed to be soothing and hydrating so it might be good when it gets cold and my skin gets chapped.

BioRepublic Skincare Cucumber Breeze Fiber Mask- I got these in Ipsy and I liked them. I'm not sure if I'm happy for more of these or sad because it's not something new to try.

Manna Kadar Lip Locked- I can always use lip gloss. I hope I get a usable color. Anything but red or hot pink.

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray- I don't like dry shampoo so I don't think I'll be crazy about this. I may have liked it for it's texturizing properties when my hair was shorter. 

Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara- This was the one I was probably going to pick if I had gotten my email before they were all gone. 

Now I just pray they are not baby sized samples meant for a Barbie. 

I don't know how I feel about mine...   BORGHESE Fango Purificante Purifying Mud Mask for Face and Body 

Juliette Has a Gun Gentlewoman 

Davines LOVE Smoothing Conditioner

Davines LOVE Smoothing Shampoo

Vasanti® BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator

Benefit Roller Lash Super-Curling & Lifting Mascara
I love masks. Got the Davine's in the Curl box but I like Davines. And I thought perfumes were only a once in awhile thing. I got Harvey Price last month. 6 samples to review but a foil and a perfume?

Mines up too

Avenue water-got this last year from ipsy, still don't quite understand it but it's a good six

Bio republic pomegranate mask- one time use so that's a bummer but I'll use it

Khlorane dry shampoo- this was my first dry shampoo to try and I love it!

Smash box photo finish primer- idk how I've never gotten this in any subscription before but I'm excited to try it

Stila mascara- love mascara, never used this one, so excited to try.

Mine is showing

Stila mascara PYS: I hope I like it!

Macadamia dry shampoo: happy

Acure mask: I like this brand. I have a lot of masks though.

Jour matte: yay I want to try and I hope their samples have gotten larger.

Dr. Jart ceramidin: excited to try, once again I hope the sample size has gotten better.

Pretty happy, it's well rounded.

image.png

My cheat for my main account shows:

Avene Thermal Spring Water (cool, will use)

Too Cool for School Dinoplatz Highlighter (love the Dinoplatz line, love K beauty, don't use many highlighters, though, so we'll see)

Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk (love dry shampoo, will use)

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream (may swap as I'm overloaded on snail and starfish cream)

Stila mascara (my PYS)

No perfume! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edit: My 2nd account is up too! I used the $5 code for this account, so it is really a great box for that price.

Avene Gel Cleanser (cool, will use)

Penhaligon's Juniper Sling Eau de Toilette (is this a potion from Hogwarts? perfume must die)

Derma E Charcoal Mask (cool, will use)

Davines Love Shampoo (cool, will use)

Davines Love Conditioner (cool, will use)

Eyeko Mascara (cool, haven't tried this one, win)

Overall very happy. I can deal with the one perfume since I'll use basically everything else.

I got two of the Avene mists and two of the Oribe sprays, plus the BioRepublic mask which I have gotten on one account already. I wouldn't mind any of these but probably don't want more than one.  I may have to cancel my second sub.

I got a little worried when I saw all the Benefit Roller Lash with the Davines as that was last month's sample pick for me. But I think my box may impress me when it gets here! 

12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair- Wasn't super impressed at first but looking into, it may work for me. 

CLEAN White Woods- Was irritated to see yet another fragrance but I'm actually intrigued by this one. 

TCFS Dinoplatz Highlighter- *did an actual fist pump over this* I use Korean skincare and have started introducing Kbeauty items into my makeup routine as well. The Korean box they did a bit back had me squealing over the packaging of this line. 

Caudalie Makeup Remover- Have been in need of something for my eyes really bad. Was excited to see this

Caudalie Instant Detox Mask- Always love a good clay mask to use every now and then. Will get tried out for sure. 

Benefit Roller Lash- PYS. Can't wait to try it. 

4 out of 6 that I'm actually excited about? And having six samples to review? Perfect. I'm happy and hoping the box stays this way. 

Avene Thermal Spring Water- I don't really use facial mists that much but I will try it. It say's it's supposed to be soothing and hydrating so it might be good when it gets cold and my skin gets chapped.

BioRepublic Skincare Cucumber Breeze Fiber Mask- I got these in Ipsy and I liked them. I'm not sure if I'm happy for more of these or sad because it's not something new to try.

Manna Kadar Lip Locked- I can always use lip gloss. I hope I get a usable color. Anything but red or hot pink.

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray- I don't like dry shampoo so I don't think I'll be crazy about this. I may have liked it for it's texturizing properties when my hair was shorter.

Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara- This was the one I was probably going to pick if I had gotten my email before they were all gone.

Now I just pray they are not baby sized samples meant for a Barbie.
I got this same box. Not excited for a single thing but trying to stay positive ughhhh.

I am so excited for October's box - I hope my cheat doesn't change!

RUSK® Hair Care Elixir Mist
Macadamia Professional™ Style Extend Dry Shampoo (YES!  I love Macadamia's light conditioning mist, and I love dry shampoos - so this is a win for me)
BioRepublic Skincare Cucumber Breeze Soothing Fiber Mask Set (finally, BB sends me a facial sheet mask! I love cucumbers too)
Benefit Roller Lash Super-Curling & Lifting Mascara (my PYS)
Too Cool For School DINOPLATZ HIGHLIGHTER (I don't use high lighters that much, but I do like Too Cool For School skincare, so I am interested in trying their makeup line)

2 K-beauty items!  WOOT!  I thought BB was ignoring me on kbeauty products

Back