Birchbox October 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my box is pretty lackluster this month:

12 Benefits™ Instant Healthy Hair Treatment

Penhaligon’s Empressa Eau de Toilette

jane iredale HandDrink Hand Cream

PARLOR® by Jeff Chastain Moisturizing & Repairing Conditioner

PARLOR® by Jeff Chastain Moisturizing & Repairing Shampoo

Benefit They're Real Mascara (my pys)

At least it's a 6-item box? Meh overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
My box is showing:

• jane iredale HandDrink - potentially fine if it's a good size
  • Too Cool for School Dinoplatz highlighter - the only thing they picked that I'm excited about
  • Harvey Prince Yogini - no!!! do they even take reviews into account? I said this brand had no relevance to me... if they are gonna send me perfume samples, they have lots of better brands to choose from!
  • PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Shampoo and Conditioner - the scent description sounds nice, but again, I wish they took my reviews into account, as I'm not on the market for expensive hair products. I have rather agreeable hair
  • anddd I chose the Eyeko mascara, which I'm excited to try, so hopefully it works out for me
So overall, Too Cool for School and Eyeko are hits, everything else is a miss.

edit: fixed repeated info^

thats mine to! and im also ok with it! well besides the spf i kinda dont want an spf (supergoop, so you know its small lol) and then a facial moisturizer as two different items :/ other than that its good though!
Yeah I got the Supergoop in my August box. I was actually happy with receiving that type of product. Then I saw how tiny the tube was..... When I use hand cream or lotion of any kind I use a decent amount each time. This is laughable. This picture is exactly what I got in my August box, It's next to everything else so you can see how little it is. The picture is not mine though I stole it from a site I will link below. 

I'm happy some people got the Too Cool for School I want some K-beauty makeup items in my bag too! Holika Holika is my favorite brand but I haven't really seen it introduced to the American market yet. I really like their BB creams and they have some super cute product designs. 

I wish Birchbox changed the lineup in what they send us a little more each month. Ipsy carries a few items over but it seems like Birchbox keeps most of the same brands and items in their boxes each month. So even if you dodge a bullet once and get mostly things you like in a box you will probably have a bad box next month since so many items are available as options again. 

http://boxy-ladies.com/2015/08/27/birchbox-august-2015-jills-box/
IMG_3776-768x1024.jpg

I received the Power Pose box today! I ordered it in addition to my regular monthly box. I'm not sure if everyone got the same colour, but I'm loving the Mega Melon shade of the Clinique chubby stick!

Avène Thermal Spring Water - I got this in an old Allure box before.  I still haven't quite figured out what the benefit has been to my skin.  People rave, so I must be missing something, so i will keep trying.

BioRepublic Skincare Cucumber Breeze Soothing Fiber Mask Set  -  I'm looking forward to giving it a try

Manna Kadar Lip Locked  -  looks like something I will like

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray -  I've nvver tried texturizing spray, here's my opportunity.  yay1

stila huge™ extreme lash mascara - my pys

On the whole I'm happy with this box.

image.png

This is what my cheat says. Wondering if this is legitimate and the rest are still loading or if I'm just destined to have something wonky happen every month.

Avène Thermal Spring Water - I got this in an old Allure box before.  I still haven't quite figured out what the benefit has been to my skin.  People rave, so I must be missing something, so i will keep trying.

BioRepublic Skincare Cucumber Breeze Soothing Fiber Mask Set  -  I'm looking forward to giving it a try

Manna Kadar Lip Locked  -  looks like something I will like

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray -  I've nvver tried texturizing spray, here's my opportunity.  yay1

stila huge™ extreme lash mascara - my pys

On the whole I'm happy with this box.
Mine as well shows exactly the same...I have already recieved Avene and Oribe before...Stila is my PSY 

Its nice if I receive the mask and really hoping the size of the lip locker is good enough....

Overall its an OK box for me

Mine is showing:

Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara

Smashbox Photofinish Primer

Harvey Prince Yogini

Number 4 Texture Styling Creme

Borghese Fango Purificante Clay Cleanser

Not bad. I'm not really interested in Borghese as a brand, but I have been wanting to try a clay cleanser.

Hi! I have been stalking this site  for a while, but decided to join in on the spoiler  fun.

On my main account I got the Power Pose box and on my second I got:

BioRepublic Green Tea Detox Purifying Fiber Mask (like, I looove masks)

ModelCo Lipstice (meh)

Vasanti Face Rejuvenator ( I have 3 of these already, too many subs, but I don't dislike it)

amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo (would like but have a healthy stash of dry shampoos)

W3LL PEOPLE mascara (ok, i like sample size mascaras because they actually get used before they need to be tossed)

not super excited about these, but at least my Power Pose box looks amazing

My cheat shows:

Avène Soothing Moisture Mask
Dear Clark, Thickening Balm
ORIGINS Modern Friction™ Nature's gentle dermabrasion

Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo

Eyeko Black Magic Mascara (my PYS)

I am mostly okay with these, thou wish I got one of those lovely Dinoplatz highlighters.

My cheat for my main account shows:

Avene Thermal Spring Water (cool, will use)

Too Cool for School Dinoplatz Highlighter (love the Dinoplatz line, love K beauty, don't use many highlighters, though, so we'll see)

Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk (love dry shampoo, will use)

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream (may swap as I'm overloaded on snail and starfish cream)

Stila mascara (my PYS)

No perfume! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Box twins on your first box! I never find a box twin! 

I bought the Klorane 3 pack with my first round of points almost a year ago and love it! I still have 2 of them, but I love having extras of items like that. The last Dr. Jart+ item I received irritated my skin, and I have super tolerable skin when it comes to almost everything, so I'm a little scared to try it. Everything else, I'm excited to try!

My cheat for my main account shows:

Avene Thermal Spring Water (cool, will use)

Too Cool for School Dinoplatz Highlighter (love the Dinoplatz line, love K beauty, don't use many highlighters, though, so we'll see)

Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk (love dry shampoo, will use)

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream (may swap as I'm overloaded on snail and starfish cream)

Stila mascara (my PYS)

No perfume! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I love your first box! Just reactivated my second account using the $5 code in the hopes of receiving the TCFS and Stila samples :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received the Power Pose box today! I ordered it in addition to my regular monthly box. I'm not sure if everyone got the same colour, but I'm loving the Mega Melon shade of the Clinique chubby stick!
I bought the Power Pose box too.  My Clinique chubby stick was in Mega Melon also, and I really like the color.  Love this box!

I couldn't figure out why my cheat wasn't working. It turns out that when I emailed CS to downgrade me to month to month all they did was cancel my sub. I specifically asked if I would need to resub. I thought they did it for me, but I just reread the email and it said I was supposed to do it. I emailed CS asking if they didn't have any Roller Lash could they send me a Benefit They're Real. I managed to resub with a code to get half off but I'm still sad that now I have no PYS and no cheat and probably a crappy leftover box full of harvey prince garbage. :scared:

Am I the only one who mostly likes Harvey Prince fragrances? I mean, I still think it kinda sucks to get ANY perfume sample but at least I like most of their scents, I even own 3-4.

Anyway, cheat on box 1: 6 items!!

-Etat Libre d'Orange Like This perfume: blah at another perfume sample but I like orange scents and at least this is one I've never heard of.

-Dinoplatz Highlighter: I don't normally use a highlighter but this looks interesting and cute, I hope it's not a foil or whatever.

-Davines Love shampoo: I actually love this brand but would never pay the crazy prices so I love getting these decent sized samples, I can usually use it 3-4 times and then I save the bottles (the label peels off super easy) to refill for traveling so basically, I'm not jazzed to get shampoo from BB usually unless it's Divines! I will probably eventually buy the full sizes with a code and points.

-Davines Love conditioner: I hate that these usually come in foils and not an actually bottle, unlike the shampoos, but once I did get an actual decent sized tub of one of their conditioners so hopefully this is a multi use sample.

-Shiseido infusing concentrate: I have one of these from a few months ago and just started really using it. Haven't noticed much yet but maybe it'll be something after more uses. 

-Eyeko mascara: I didn't go to pick in time but I wanted the Benefit roller. Oh well, at least it's not w3ll mascara, which I didn't like much last time. Never tried this brand of mascara.

Box 2: Still completely blank!!!!!! Yer killin' me, BB!

I'm getting

-Eyeko Mascara (PYS)

-Avene Gel Free Cleanser (Always wanted to try this! I'm actually super excited for this)

-BioRepublic Green Tea Fiber Mask (I love masks! So this is pretty exciting!)

-Number 4 Texture Styling Creme (Hate this brand. Not too thrilled with a styling creme, but they say this is good for beachy waves so I'll try it)

-Macadamia Dry Shampoo. (Meh on this. Batiste is really the only dry shampoo that's ever worked for me, but I'll try it)

Why am I getting two haircare products in my box? I don't even like haircare! Oh well, everything will get used eventually at some point. My second account hasn't updated yet. And I bought the Power Pose box seperately and it's amazing! 

Back