Birchbox October 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received the shipment email on my main account today. According to the tracking link, my box exists outside of linear time: 
Mine was nutty like that, too. It changed from expected delivery 10/9-10/13 to expected delivery 10/13 the day it went out for delivery. :wassatt:

It made it in time to go on vacation with me, too, which made me happy.

I have a million little sunscreens from these boxes I also meant to bring as I have a big bottle of K-beauty stuff I love that came in a Memebox I use at home. And I still have million of them still sitting at home since I am a doofus who let them sitting in my makeup bags I didn't bring. Meanwhile, her I sit cooking by the pool since I'd rather spend the $20 on a drink than crappy coppertone that will break my face out in huge pimples. :sunshine:

I got:

Davines shampoo and conditioner (yawn)

Stila mascara (my PYS)

Harvey Prince Ageless (ugh)

Embryolisse miracle cream (meh)

12 benefits hair treatment (ok)

My box sucked! Plus, the 12 benefits leaked and got all over everything in the box. The Stila is the only thing that I kept from the box. I don't like harvey prince and I have tried the Davines before and didn't like it.

Thanks! Have you tried on your face yet? Im trying to decide if I should try it or just gift it.
I tried dabbing it on after my foundation (used my airbrush) yesterday and it ended up just wiping all my makeup off in that one spot, BUT I haven't tried it with a liquid foundation yet. With my airbrush, my makeup dries immediately so if I apply something "wet" after, it wipes away my foundation. So I'll try it with a liquid foundation soon (tomorrow probably) and update you! I still think it's super pretty though!

Had my subscription cancelled by mistake, re-renewed it a week or two ago downgrading it to just the regular subscription (not the +2 items beta), but was too late to pick sample choice

This month I got:

12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment - Excited! Never tried from this brand before

Penhaligon's Empressa Eau de Toilette - Eh

Jane Iredale HandDrink Hand Cream - Eh

Parlor Shampoo - Eh

Parlor Conditioner - Eh

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real - Already tried this a million times

So not really that happy at all with my Birchbox this month, hopefully it will get better!

My card was there but for the first time I didn't have a pillow pack, although there were small items that could fit in it.
Now that you mention I realize, I didn't get a pillow pack for the first time ever either.

I tried dabbing it on after my foundation (used my airbrush) yesterday and it ended up just wiping all my makeup off in that one spot, BUT I haven't tried it with a liquid foundation yet. With my airbrush, my makeup dries immediately so if I apply something "wet" after, it wipes away my foundation. So I'll try it with a liquid foundation soon (tomorrow probably) and update you! I still think it's super pretty though!
Thanks! I'll probably try it out..

I got:

Stila mascara (my PYS)

My box sucked! Plus, the 12 benefits leaked and got all over everything in the box. The Stila is the only thing that I kept from the box. I don't like harvey prince and I have tried the Davines before and didn't like it.
I got this same box! Fortunately, I didn't have any leaking issues.

I got:

Stila mascara (my PYS)

Last month my Pop eyeshadow was smashed beyond recognition and I was missing the Davines conditioner.  I emailed CS and they sent a whole new box to me with totally different samples AND reset my reviews to reflect the new box.  But I had already reviewed 3 things in the box they replaced so I got bonus points last month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bottom line - tell them it leaked all over and they'll probably send a different box!  On the downside - they sent me more Davines shampoo & conditioner in this month's box according to my spoilers...

Have you ever tried subscribing mid month? If yes, how long did it take for Birchbox to ship your first box?

I want that gorgeous Power Pose box and am thinking of creating a third subscription using BCABOX code to get it as my October box. But, I will be traveling for long at the end of this month and am trying to see if they ship fast enough to reach here on time. My boxes usually take 4-5 days to arrive once they are introduced to the system.

Have you ever tried subscribing mid month? If yes, how long did it take for Birchbox to ship your first box?

I want that gorgeous Power Pose box and am thinking of creating a third subscription using BCABOX code to get it as my October box. But, I will be traveling for long at the end of this month and am trying to see if they ship fast enough to reach here on time. My boxes usually take 4-5 days to arrive once they are introduced to the system.
i subbed late and wrote to them this question. They said it takes 8-10 just to process the order. I resubbed on the 4th. Although they have been shipped I still don't have either of my boxes. I live in upstate NY.  Neither was a BCA box though. Maybe the special ones go out faster. 

I got my box today. It came earlier than my boxes normally. I'm really excited about this box. This is the last box that came upgraded with the two full size products since the beta program is being cancelled in November. I tried the Lord and Berry lip crayon and I was really impressed. I'll need to look into getting other colors. W3LL People mascara was my sample choice. I look forward to trying the mascara. I love the Smith & Cult lipglosses so I was so happy to get another one.

birchbox october spoilers 2015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i subbed late and wrote to them this question. They said it takes 8-10 just to process the order. I resubbed on the 4th. Although they have been shipped I still don't have either of my boxes. I live in upstate NY.  Neither was a BCA box though. Maybe the special ones go out faster. 
I re-subbed on the first exactly and just got that box today. My other account was already subscribed and I got that box several days ago.

I have to be honest, this branded makeup concerns me. It is giving me Memebox flashbacks.
It was my initial thought too but I'm hoping this will be a different situation. The concept sounds cool (smaller sizes, colors on trend etc). I hope they hit it out of the park with this one. I'm interested in seeing how the formulations compare to other lines.

It was my initial thought too but I'm hoping this will be a different situation. The concept sounds cool (smaller sizes, colors on trend etc). I hope they hit it out of the park with this one. I'm interested in seeing how the formulations compare to other lines.
It would surprise me if Birchbox made the major mistakes that Memebox did. I'll be watching this closely. My annual sub is up for renewal in December.

I am really interested in the new LOC make up.  I like Tati a lot too.  I just don't want to buy any yet because I want to wait and see what they will be sending from this new line in the November box first.

Back