Birchbox October 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one who mostly likes Harvey Prince fragrances? I mean, I still think it kinda sucks to get ANY perfume sample but at least I like most of their scents, I even own 3-4.

Anyway, cheat on box 1: 6 items!!

-Etat Libre d'Orange Like This perfume: blah at another perfume sample but I like orange scents and at least this is one I've never heard of.

-Dinoplatz Highlighter: I don't normally use a highlighter but this looks interesting and cute, I hope it's not a foil or whatever.

-Davines Love shampoo: I actually love this brand but would never pay the crazy prices so I love getting these decent sized samples, I can usually use it 3-4 times and then I save the bottles (the label peels off super easy) to refill for traveling so basically, I'm not jazzed to get shampoo from BB usually unless it's Divines! I will probably eventually buy the full sizes with a code and points.

-Davines Love conditioner: I hate that these usually come in foils and not an actually bottle, unlike the shampoos, but once I did get an actual decent sized tub of one of their conditioners so hopefully this is a multi use sample.

-Shiseido infusing concentrate: I have one of these from a few months ago and just started really using it. Haven't noticed much yet but maybe it'll be something after more uses. 

-Eyeko mascara: I didn't go to pick in time but I wanted the Benefit roller. Oh well, at least it's not w3ll mascara, which I didn't like much last time. Never tried this brand of mascara.

Box 2: Still completely blank!!!!!! Yer killin' me, BB!
I like Harvey Prince.  Sincerely makes me gag, but Hello is in my top-5 favorite perfumes.  Ageless and Eau Flirt are nice as well.  

My last post on here was saying that I hope I get the Dinoplatz highlighter in my box, and LOL, I got one in all three of my boxes! Geez, I don't need three but happy I get one and a few to trade!

I am pretty happy with my box:
Avene Cleansing gel- ok, this item I am none-too-happy about. I am REALLY sick of cleansers. I am getting together a box of toiletries for the local women's shelter for over the holidays, and I am hooking those gals UP..(Picture Oprah.."YOU get a face wash, and YOU get a face wash, YOU ALL GET FANCY LITTLE SAMPLES OF FACEWASH!!" lol)

Penhaligon's Juniper Sling- I was wow'd by the last fragrance sample I got. (the Montale Intense Cafe, seriously, if anyone has a spare they don't want of that one, PM me, I will trade nearly anything in my personal stock for another sample, the big bottle is too rich for my blood, but I'd love another little vial of that stuff) This one gets pretty good reviews on Fragrantica, plus a perfume inspired by a fruity gin cocktail sounds intriguing, and since it isn't Harvey Prince (bleh!), I'll give it a shot! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

derma e 2-n-1 charcoal mask- I love me some masks! Spa day at home? Sounds like a plan! B)

Davines LOVE shampoo+conditioner: I hope against hope my box gets here before Friday so I can take this with me on vacation, since that is what I hoard shampoo and conditioner samples for...perfect for travel!

Eyeco Mascara: I have a ton of minis, but of all that they were offering this month, this the one I've never tried, so I am happy.

I'm getting

EXO Supply Co. Pure Remover wipes. Not exciting but I can always use nail polish remover wipes.

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray. Trading it away.

Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion skin exfoliant. Trading away.

They're real mascara. PYS

Acure Organics Cell Stimulating Facial mask. Meh.

Not very excited this month but at least I'm not getting more perfume.

I finally got a minute to sit at the computer, yay!

Account 1:

-12 benefits Instant healthy hair treatment: I'm always good with leave-in conditioners, especially for my daughter's insane tangles (I swear, the Tangle Monster visits her every.single.night). Last month's Davines OI spray has worked miracles with her hair, and I'm saving up points to buy the full-size for her (and me, sine I don't share well!)

-embryolisse 24-hour miracle cream: I'm picky about what I put on my face since it's so sensitive and acne-prone. I like to stick to my Clinique regimen, but I'll give this one a go.

-Harvey Prince Ageless: 2nd month in a row getting a HP scent. Yuck. But these are good sizes to put in my nieces' Christmas stockings :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

-Davines LOVE smoothing shampoo+conditioner: YAY I fell in love with this company last month with the OI formulas, so I'm most excited about these samples.

-PYS stila mascara: always searching for my mascara grail! 

Account 2 (how could you not use the $5 box code to sign up for another account LOL):

I picked the Game Face box for this account, everything sounded great! 

I ordered the curated box and got it today.  Hate the color of my chubby stick:  Mega Melon.  So happy to have a box without perfume!

i just realized im getting a hair thickening balm and my hair is super thick! it is marked in my profile so not sure about that one. a perfume and 2 loti9ons. my excitement for this one is declining. at least i get a mascara lol

i just realized im getting a hair thickening balm and my hair is super thick! it is marked in my profile so not sure about that one. a perfume and 2 loti9ons. my excitement for this one is declining. at least i get a mascara lol
I have thick wavy/curly hair and I keep getting hair samples for fine/thin hair. I don't understand what's going on with BB. I used to get awesome hair samples from Miss Jessie's but I haven't had those in over a year. 

I have the tracking number already for my original account and it is expected to arrive by my birthday (fingers crossed) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have thick wavy/curly hair and I keep getting hair samples for fine/thin hair. I don't understand what's going on with BB. I used to get awesome hair samples from Miss Jessie's but I haven't had those in over a year. 
Story of my life with these beauty subs, I have fine, thin and oily hair and scalp and I always get; hair oil and super thick hair masks which just make my hair even more of an oil slick. 

I saw a photo on Instagram, Avene Cleanence sample is 25 mL, Avene spray is 50 mL, and Derma|e is also in a good sized tube. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone getting an upgraded 2 full size items box this month? 

My box page hasn't loaded yet.  Curious what the full size items are.

Anyone getting an upgraded 2 full size items box this month? 

My box page hasn't loaded yet.  Curious what the full size items are.
I'm getting it but I'm trying to stay spoiler free. Sorry not much help

I just got the box from my 2nd account. This is insanely fast for me. Box arrived squished, but the contents are ok. The Penhaligon's perfume is interesting. It actually does smell like gin (in the juniper sense)...also floral, so I'll be swapping it. Overall, though it is intriguing. I wish I could do perfume, but it makes my head pound.

Latest posts

Back