Birchbox Points: What did or will you buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hubby had ordered me a Christmas gift that needed to be cancelled (6 months of Natural Beauty Box.  When they decided not to send January, we asked for our $ back), so I was owed a gift.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  My 6 month code came in Wednesday and even though we only had $10 in points, I asked for the Clarisonic Mia.  It came in today.  Yay!  Used it for the first time tonight.  I have rosacea so my skin's pretty sensitive and I'm nervous, but hopefully it'll work its magic without too much horrible adjustment time.

In the past, I got the Talika Lash Conditioning Cleanser, which made my lids bright red and itchy and sensitive and swollen (took almost a month to realize it was from that and not a random allergy) and Stila In The Light palette. The palette came with a Smudge Stick and I found I LOVE it for tightlining, so I plan to buy more of those with future points.  Black and brown, at least.

I got the Vasanti Enzymatic Face Cleanser, Malin+Goetz Peppermint Shampoo, and Zoya Polish Remove+ for 3.99. Free Shipping. I had 600 points that I used. O already have 150 points again, and when I get to 200 I'm going to get the 3 Zoya Blogger Polishes.

My last purchase was theBalm Tall, Dark, and Handsome mascara, Sprout makeup remover, and a box of Chuao chocopods.

I want to try to save my points up all year and buy myself something pretty for Christmas, though...maybe a palette, or a Clarisonic, or a new perfume...ugh so many things I want.

just got my order yesterday! i'm very happy with the +2 pack- the dr. jart bb cream is bigger than the sample i got in my bb- 10ml! i wanted nude tude but they were sold out, but Balm jovi looks awesome! the mentha lip shine rocks!

Item Sku Qty Subtotal Harvey Prince Skinny Chic Rollerball
HP-SC-RB 1 $21.00
COOLA Face SPF 30 Matte Finish Cucumber
CS-MF30C 1 $36.00
theBalm® cosmetics Balm Jovi Rockstar Face Palette
681619802256 1 $39.50
Pick Two Sample Pack Choose 1 pack
Gloss Moderne Masque & Dr. Jart Waterfuse BB Cream PICK2PK-3-FZ 1 $10.00
C.O. BIGELOW Mentha Lip Shine
667523771000 1 $7.50
Subtotal $114.00
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount (9-Month Anniversary Discount - 20%, 9months20, Free Sample Pack with Purchase) -$30.80
700 reward points -$70.00
Grand Total
$13.20

Here's what I ended up using my points and discounts to buy. I have been wanting to try the Alicia Silverstone for Juice Beauty products for a long time. I haven't tried the CC cream, so I am hoping it works for me. I love the Kusmi tea so was happy to see them in the Pick Two sample packs. I've heard the eye masks are really good.

Subtotal $167.00
Discount (Free Sample Pack with Purchase, 9-Month Anniversary Discount - 20%, 9months20) -$41.40
1000 reward points -$100.00
Grand Total
$25.60
Pick Two Sample Pack Choose 1 pack Kusmi Tea & Masqueology Eye Mask $10.00
Ordered: 1
$10.00
Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream Shade Natural Glow $39.00
$39.00
alicia silverstone for Juice Beauty Purely Kissable Lip Color $16.00
$16.00
alicia silverstone for Juice Beauty Simply Flawless Pressed Powder $24.00
$24.00
Vapour Organic Beauty Elixir Lipgloss Shade Enigma $20.00
$20.00
alicia silverstone for Juice Beauty Simply Nourishing Moisturizer $36.00
$36.00
alicia silverstone for Juice Beauty Simply Pure Chamomile Cleanser $22.00
$22.00

I completely spaced the fact that this is the 9-month anniversary for my secondary accounts!  And one of them had a little over 300 points, so...

• stila smudge stock waterproof eye liner in Blue Ribbon
  • Caudalie Shower Gel in The des Vignes (this triggered the free shipping)
  • Tweezerman Filemate
  • Pick Two:  Gloss Moderne Masque & Dr. Jart Waterfuse  BB Cream

Before discounts:  $47.  After anniversary code and Pick Two discount:  $29.60.  After points:  Nada.  I really just wanted the liner, but I have a little over 300 points on this account and a discount code, so I decided I might as well order these items.  I can always use another file, and I've been coveting this shower gel for a while despite the fact that I have literally a dozen bottles from the last time I had a good coupon at B&BW at the same time they were having a big sale (plus I was having a hard time figuring out what else to get in order to get free shipping).

I waited for theBalm Bon Jovi Rockstar palette that they discounted for $25.00. I had 500 points -- therefore it was free :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Subtotal $51.00
Discount (6-Month Anniversary Discount - 20%, 6months20, Free Sample Pack with Purchase) -$18.20
300 reward points -$30.00
Grand Total
$2.80
Benefit High BrowView Product Page · Write a Product Review

$20.00
$20.00
Pick Two Sample Pack Choose 1 pack Sedu Anti-Frizz Polishing Treatment & Jouer Lip Enhance ... Choose 1 pack Sedu Anti-Frizz Polishing Treatment & Jouer Lip Enhancer
View Product Page · Write a Product Review

$10.00
$10.00
Harvey Prince Skinny Chic RollerballView Product Page · Write a Product Review

$21.00
$21.00
Just ordered this today. Haven't ever tried the Benefit High Brow so I hope I like it. Received a sample of the HP Skinny Chic in my Jan BB and loved it! Now I only have 5 points and have to start saving again.

I'm holding out for the Clark's Smoothing Marine Cream. 498 points that will be good until July!  Come on points!

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the Juicy La Fleur 2.5 oz. and a pack of the Chauo Potato Chip pods. I haven't tried them yet but looking forward to it.

For the future, I want to get the Wei Golden Root Mud Mask and the Amika Hair Mask.
I bought the Wei Mask a long time ago with my points, and I use it once a week.  I've still got so much left too!  I only use a little.  I think I also got the Amika mask with that order too come to think about it.  It smells so good!

I used 400 points and the anniversary code and ordered the Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair Eye Treatment and got the free pick-two with the Kusmi Tea & Masqueology Eye Mask. I am not sure about those of you who don't live in NY but I have to factor in the tax. (boo hoo!) Next month after I review a few more things I will be back above 300 points and can start figuring out what to splurge on/save for next. 

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If Birchbox started carrying Tokyomilk, though, I would run through those points *very* quickly. 
From your keyboard to Birchbox's brand partnership people I hope!! Just wore my first Tokyomilk fragrance today (from a trade) and I want to try others. Would love mini rollerballs.

Thebalm NudeTude back in Birchbox store
claps.gif
yess.gif

I bought the Wei Mask a long time ago with my points, and I use it once a week.  I've still got so much left too!  I only use a little.  I think I also got the Amika mask with that order too come to think about it.  It smells so good!
yeah, I was reading the reviews on it and pretty much everyone said you can get two to three masks out of each pod, plus I love that it comes with a brush. I am totally looking forward to trying the Amika, seems like the fragrance would be nice for summertime. I am still waiting for my order to arrive, but am down to 20 points now. I wonder if they will run another upgrade to a year points promo later in the year. I heard the code still works but I need to wait about a month to do that.

Originally Posted by grayc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Clarisonic Mia Sonic.  Going to try and wait till my 9 month promo code and all my points to go towards it... should only be about $30 then
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I didn't realize Birchbox sold it!  I was going to buy it from Sephora so I could get points, but I think I'll save up my Birchbox points instead.  Thank you!

When I placed my last order, I chose the eye mask and Kusmi tea as my pick-two. I was not really eager about either...the eye mask sounded interesting and I like tea, although each I've received from a beauty box has not been for me. Basically I picked this because I really didn't want the others or had tried them.

The Kusmi Tea is SO good! I drank the Euphoria and enjoyed it so much I made the Detox too. I can't believe this but I am considering spending some of my hoarded points...on tea. The Wellness Pack. Crazy.

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I placed my last order, I chose the eye mask and Kusmi tea as my pick-two. I was not really eager about either...the eye mask sounded interesting and I like tea, although each I've received from a beauty box has not been for me. Basically I picked this because I really didn't want the others or had tried them.

The Kusmi Tea is SO good! I drank the Euphoria and enjoyed it so much I made the Detox too. I can't believe this but I am considering spending some of my hoarded points...on tea. The Wellness Pack. Crazy.
I got the tea in my December box..and fell in love!  I had planned to buy it next month with my 9 month anniversary code and points.  I saw it as the pick 2 and I think I'm going to place my order tonight to get my double points for spending $35 and get the tea as my pick 2 to satisfy me until Feb!

Yeah, there went my points. I had to use the free ship code so I couldn't use the 15% off. Probably a good time to buy because since I was shy of 300 points I could pay the tax and the few extra bucks out of pocket instead of being stuck using the 300 points. I have been drinking more tea since I stopped sweetening my coffee, so this delicious stuff is worth it. I also look forward to trying the other wellness teas.

I caved and used the points (plus the 15% off code) on one of my accounts for the 30ml Embryolisse cream.  It's a shame it comes in such tiny containers.  I ordered the Benta Berry moisturizer (which comes in a 30ml tube) in November because I loved the scent.  I really should have done the math before placing the order - 30ml is pretty small.  At least it's bigger than the sample.  

I just used 300 points on a jigger (part of a birthday present for my boyfriend) and the Kusmi essentials pack! There was a 15% off code? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also would've used the lovebbman code but i forgot. I wonder if they'll let me redo it...probably not. oh well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by Canny Charlene /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the tea in my December box..and fell in love!  I had planned to buy it next month with my 9 month anniversary code and points.  I saw it as the pick 2 and I think I'm going to place my order tonight to get my double points for spending $35 and get the tea as my pick 2 to satisfy me until Feb!

Back