Birchbox Points: What did or will you buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Rachaface10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used my points to buy the beauty blenders. I am really happy with my purchase and the way I apply my makeup has changed completely! 
I'm trying to save up my points for a Clarisonic, but the dang beauty blenders tempt me every time I see them!

Same here, saving for a Clarisonic. Also, gossmakeupartist says Beauty Blender dupes are just as good

Same here, saving for a Clarisonic. Also, gossmakeupartist says Beauty Blender dupes are just as good

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm trying to save up my points for a Clarisonic, but the dang beauty blenders tempt me every time I see them!
That is a tough choice, lol. I love my beauty blenders but I also have a Clairsonic and it is pretty amazing as well! Whichever you do wind up getting I don't think you will be disappointed at all!

Originally Posted by Rachaface10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is a tough choice, lol. I love my beauty blenders but I also have a Clairsonic and it is pretty amazing as well! Whichever you do wind up getting I don't think you will be disappointed at all!

I guess the beauty blenders aren't too expensive, so if I decide I really want them asap I can buy them out of pocket, whereas Clarisonic would be much more of a splurge...so I'll just remind myself of that when I'm tempted...lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess the beauty blenders aren't too expensive, so if I decide I really want them asap I can buy them out of pocket, whereas Clarisonic would be much more of a splurge...so I'll just remind myself of that when I'm tempted...lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yes! Exactly, there you go! I'm saving for one myself and I shall not be tempted to buy anything else!! haha XD Why don't you try a dupe? or the Sonia Kashuk one? 

You ladies have me wanting to save on one of my accounts for a clarsonic haha What is the best way to use points and a coupon for it so I know while h coupon to look for? (Obviously the more points you have the better haha)

I'm not great at saving points...I just like to treat myself every once in a while & not feel horrible about spending too much money!

However, lately I've had some mishaps with my boxes that have resulted in some 100 point accumulations, so I bought some stuff!

Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Facial Cleanser $16

Color Club Metallic Nail Polish in Platinum Record $8

Chuao Chocolatier Assorted ChocoPod $7.95

Stila Custom Color Blush $20

Pick Two Sample Pack-Kahina Argan Oil & alessandro Cream Rich $10

Used BBLEARNVEST & the free sample pack + 400 points = $1.95 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just got my 9 month anniversary coupon a few days ago, have a few days to plan and purchase. 600 points in the bank!!

I'm eyeing Harvey Prince Au Flirt, Perfekt Lash Perfection Gel, and Dr Jarts Water Fuse BB Cream. Would get a little over $30 all said and told! Holy crap I love birchbox so much!! 

For those wondering when to cash in points + coupon codes here are my tips and tricks.

1. Use the $X off a $Y purchase if you are spending close to the Y amount, $10 off $35 is a lot better than $10 off $100.

2. Use the %Z off $Y when you are making a large purchase, if you see a 20%-30% off code snatch it up, they are few and far between (Obviously if you have enough points) 20% off $100 is a lot more than 20% off $25

3. Keep in mind for points you never want to spend $11 or $21, always as close to the number of points you have to use, but not more, because points will be used to cover 100% of your purchase id you have extra. I think they have cute little $4 and $5 things, no sense in wasting points

4. However if you have fewer points than the total, spend as close to the coupon code as you can to minimize cash you have to spend, IE have 200 pts, spend 21 bucks. 

5. Look for the lifestyle extras that are cheap to get you free shipping if you are making an under $50 purchase, this works up to a point, can help you max out your points, say your item is $24 and you have 300 pts, get the $6 shipped free item and save shipping and use your points to their fullest. 

6. At a point its like a puzzle, one I personally like putting together. Add the $Y or %X to whatever the amount of points you want to spend say you have 400 to spend, so 40 add $10 to that, so work with $50 of product.

7. Don't forget a pick two! these are basically free samples with every order, they stack on top of all your coupons since they are an item and not a coupon code.

8. Coupon codes go in the Cart page, not the checkout page, so you can input the code and check your numbers without having to go all the way to the review order page.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> happy saving, or spending.

Thanks so so much for the tips! Just used a 20% off and some points to get a pick 2 and clarsonic...I couldn't wait to save up more points hahhaha

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those wondering when to cash in points + coupon codes here are my tips and tricks.

1. Use the $X off a $Y purchase if you are spending close to the Y amount, $10 off $35 is a lot better than $10 off $100.

2. Use the %Z off $Y when you are making a large purchase, if you see a 20%-30% off code snatch it up, they are few and far between (Obviously if you have enough points) 20% off $100 is a lot more than 20% off $25

3. Keep in mind for points you never want to spend $11 or $21, always as close to the number of points you have to use, but not more, because points will be used to cover 100% of your purchase id you have extra. I think they have cute little $4 and $5 things, no sense in wasting points

4. However if you have fewer points than the total, spend as close to the coupon code as you can to minimize cash you have to spend, IE have 200 pts, spend 21 bucks. 

5. Look for the lifestyle extras that are cheap to get you free shipping if you are making an under $50 purchase, this works up to a point, can help you max out your points, say your item is $24 and you have 300 pts, get the $6 shipped free item and save shipping and use your points to their fullest. 

6. At a point its like a puzzle, one I personally like putting together. Add the $Y or %X to whatever the amount of points you want to spend say you have 400 to spend, so 40 add $10 to that, so work with $50 of product.

7. Don't forget a pick two! these are basically free samples with every order, they stack on top of all your coupons since they are an item and not a coupon code.

8. Coupon codes go in the Cart page, not the checkout page, so you can input the code and check your numbers without having to go all the way to the review order page.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> happy saving, or spending.
Great tips, thanks!

I'm looking to get a goodmoisturizer from the shop that isn't too heavy and good under makeup...what do you guys recommend?

I just picked up the Shea Terra Rose Hips Soap, Jouer Lip Enhancer,  ybf universal eyebrow pencil, and the 2 pack of nuxe face cream/supersmile rinse. Total came to $52; then I used the bblearnvest code for $10 off (ends today!), the 2 pack was free, and 300 points - I paid $2 in the end! I need a new eyebrow pencil and the ybf looked interesting, I love the rose hips soap especially with my clarisonic, and I've been interested in the lip enhancer for a while. I was planning on saving my points for juliette has a gun not a perfume, but by the time another 20% of 25% code rolls around I'll have some more points. This made my rainy Saturday!

I LOVE BIRCHBOX POINTS!!!!!

This is my 9th month and I've been hoarding points for this big splurge. 

I got:

-Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse BB Cream

-Perfekt Beauty Lash Perfection Gel

-Benefit refined finish facial polish

-Benefit foamingly clean facial wash

-Pick 2 pack: NUXE face cream & Supersmile powdered mouthwash (wtf? lol)

Grand Total: $113.50

Discount:      -$30.70 (9 Month 20% and free pick 2)

600 Points:  - $60.00

Total paid out of pocket: $22.80

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

All four full size products were items I sampled in my 9 months and loved. I thought for a moment of going for things I haven't tried but have been eyeing, but I thought going for the four above was really in the spirit of birchbox. Those were products I was introduced to by BB that I probably never would have tried otherwise. And with $90 in discounts, my 9 months of subscription pretty much paid for full size products I KNOW I'll love, and it's like the 45+ samples I've had in the past 9 months were freebies. Makes me look at even the stuff I hated in a totally new light.

Yeah points! 

okay i was set to use bf's points with his first anniversary code but out of the 6 items he said he'd love to get all of them are unavailable and as i started looking at other options there's a lot that is not available

is this normal? lol it's my first time actually buying a full size product from them and when i try i can't!

Just bought a week or so ago:

Clarisonic Mia - $119

Shea Terra Rose Hips Cleanser - $16

Pick Two Pack - Liqwd Perfect Wave and Jurlique Night Cream

Pick Two Pack was free, and then I used a 20% off discount code and 600 points, making my purchase $48!

I ended up cashing in some points between 2 accounts and got a Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover, Eyeko Navy Skinny Eye Liner, Deborah Lippmann polish in Lets Go Crazy, Zoya Remove, and Shea Terra Rose Hips Black soap Cleanser. .and two Pick Two packs for a total of $36 and change after points. My plan was to wait and cash in points around my bday in April... but I couldn't resist using the promo codes floating around!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ended up cashing in some points between 2 accounts and got a Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover, Eyeko Navy Skinny Eye Liner, Deborah Lippmann polish in Lets Go Crazy, Zoya Remove, and Shea Terra Rose Hips Black soap Cleanser. .and two Pick Two packs for a total of $36 and change after points.

My plan was to wait and cash in points around my bday in April... but I couldn't resist using the promo codes floating around!
Thats a great deal, i'm trying to save my points to get something big but all these promo codes are making it hard.

Back