Birchbox Points: What did or will you buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's my 6th month right now. I'm tempted, but I should wait until my 9th month, right?? lol. I have like 545 points - haven't taken the surveys yet for this month. I might as well wait.

Any suggestions on what to buy - what are your favorites? I was thinking of buying the Juice Beauty Organics to Clear Skin set, and Beauty Protector. I tried the beauty protector and loved it! 

I placed an order yesterday. Pick Two Sample Pack (free with $25+ order) Choose 1 pack Miracle Skin Transformerâ„¢ SPF20 Face & TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Root Boost Spray 4397 1 $10.00 Dermablendâ„¢ Smooth Indulgence SPF 20 Concealer Shade Sand 883140500629 1 $22.00 Benefit High Brow 8798522638366 1 $20.00 Subtotal $52.00 Shipping & Handling $0.00 Discount (Free Sample Pack with Purchase, 20% Off For You, March20) -$18.40 Tax $2.69 300 reward points -$30.00 Grand Total $6.29

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I'm going to have 800 points this month and a 20% coupon... I was saving up for the Marula oil, but that went OOS and I asked CS and they don't know when it's going to be back. I got the Clarisonic Mia from clarsonic.com's deal a few weeks ago so I don't need one of those either... XD I have all the makeup I "need" --  buying my HG perfume from Sephora shortly, have like 50 gajillion eyeshadow palettes like everyone here, haven't gone through bottles of polish I bought last July, etc etc.

The only thing I think I'd want is maybe lipsticks and skincare stuff for people with acne scars. I don't think I'm interested in any of the post-acne spot treatments BB is carrying though. Sigh. I probably should've grabbed the Marula last month or the Bi-facil. ): Suggestions?
I use Shea Terra's marula oil every day after I wash my face under my makeup.  It works every bit as well as the Leaky Collection's marula oil (I've tried that too) for a fraction of the price!  As for spot treatments, I've found that weekly salicylic or glycolic peels and lots of moisturizing (cue the marula oil) have pretty much completely fixed my acne scars.  

Originally Posted by vogliadivintage /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use Shea Terra's marula oil every day after I wash my face under my makeup.  It works every bit as well as the Leaky Collection's marula oil (I've tried that too) for a fraction of the price!  As for spot treatments, I've found that weekly salicylic or glycolic peels and lots of moisturizing (cue the marula oil) have pretty much completely fixed my acne scars.  
I'm using the salicylic acid spot treatments... they're semi-effective (as in they don't let it get worse for me), but no effect on my hyperpigmentation. Even my Missha bb creme has been doing a subpar job of covering up the last few days . Clearly this is a sign I should give up and/or claw my skin off. SIGH

Though it appears the Shea Terra marula (argan??) oil is also OOS in the shop now... I don't see it anymore. :S I'm getting a Clarisonic, so I'm hoping that with a combination of Marula oil will help even my skin out a little. Or possibly even do something about all the stupid craters on my face.

I just used up my points and bought the, Earthen Instant Peel Packets. I usually get a professional chemical peel about three times a year, but I hate the down time that comes with them. I hope this product works. Have any of you lovely ladies tried this product?

Totally random, but you can select a pick 2 when you buy a gift sub.  I just bought my sister-in-law a 6 month sub and was able to select a pick 2.  Today, it shows that the pick 2 shipped.

And then I just placed an order for the Benefit Hoola, Zoya polish remover and another pick 2.  I was able to use the bblove25, but I had gotten that code in an email last week for my 1 yr anniv.  Maybe that code is set up based on your anniv.  I know I'm unable to use the 3mth, etc codes when it's not the corresponding month for my sub.   

This week I placed an order for:

Mighty Leaf tea- Citrus Camomile

Le Palais des Thés Tea Bags - Thé des Alizés   - (I'm a tea girl)

Benefit Fakeup- Light

stila sparkle waterproof liquid eye liner- Color: Electric (teal/emerald)

Choose 1 pack Miracle Skin Transformerâ„¢ SPF20 Face & TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Root Boost Spray
I'm pretty stoked since I almost bought both the Fakeup and Stila liner when I was out shopping last week.  I got ALL this stuff for the price I would have paid for one of those items!  I tested the Stila liner at Sephora and it is gorgeous!  I got bit by the Pantone "Color of the Year" bug, and this color is perfect for it and it is glittery!  I am also happy they are offering the TIGI product as a "pick 2" because I have yet to get it in a box and I love the full size version I own. 

does anyone know when they generally restock the pick 2 sample packs ? i am dieying to purchase the koh gen do spa water cleansing cloths but trying to wait until i can get the sample pack.

Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does anyone know when they generally restock the pick 2 sample packs ? i am dieying to purchase the koh gen do spa water cleansing cloths but trying to wait until i can get the sample pack.
I don't know.  I've never seen them sold out before.  I'm checking daily though.  Unfortunately, they're still not available.  
frown.gif

I just used 200 points (and the 20% off code) for one of the Naked Princess lip glosses.  I need to toss some of my old lip gloss and have wanted to try it for a while.  I also had to use the code.

I had some points that were going to expire this month so I got the MAKE eye makeup remover. I used 100 points so I got it for $8.  Not as good of deal as some but I really like the sample I got and wanted a full size.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It kinda sucks - they both look like foil packets. 
I've been waiting for a while for them to restock on their pick two freebies, but it has been a while since they've had anything good. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There is so much I want to try!!

They have yet to add the new April items (they usually add stuff at the beginning of each month even before the spoiler video. I stalk the new items page multiple times a day!), so I kind of feel like the new pick-2 packs and the April stuff will go up at the same time.

I purchased Nude-Tude. I am in love with it!!!!  I wish I could refer people so I accumulate points quicker.  

I got a 16mo coupon code that is good for a couple of weeks (25% off), and I hit 200 points this month, so time to cash in!!  I think this is Birchbox's dream order (although probably not enough money, lol).  I'm getting one product I sampled in my box (the beauty protector spray), one product I tried in a pick-2 bonus from a previous purchase (Jouer lip enhancer), and one product they've featured but I didn't get in my box (Ruby Wing nail polish).  I'm just hoping they restock the bonus shop before my code expires so I can do that too!

After the coupon & points, my final total should be $14.46... Instead of $45.95 (or $55.95 if they'll put in a new pick two)!!  I'll take it.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back