Birchbox Points: What did or will you buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was saving up points for the Whish Blueberry Shave Cream, but now I think I want to use them to get a Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lip Stick. But every time I log in to the Birchbox website, they're out of stock.
Actually, they had never been in stock!  The page was up, and they just updated so you can actually order them.
I see. I'm glad they finally stocked them. I bought one in 14. Perfect Kiss, a full-size Whish Blueberry shave cream, and added a +2 pack. I used 100 points and my 13-month anniversary code 25% off. Subtotal $56.55. I paid $24.91. I wish I had accumulated more points.

I just placed my first bb order after saving points since December.  I was really looking forward to trying the choco pods since they're so high rated but they were sold out.  Boo!  Oh well, there's always next time.  Never tried Mary Lou Manizer or the perfume but wanted to try some new things.  Getting 2 Vasanti's (1 full size, 1 sample) but I'm actually really curious to try the Jouer matte moisture tint sample.  Anyone try that and like it?

I have 160 points. I haven't even been tempted to buy anything. My whole goal in getting BB was to get a Clarisonic at a really discounted rate so me not being tempted is amazing for saving. I've noticed when I get points/rewards/gift cards I hoard them and save them. Yet if this was real money I'd blow it instantly!

I am at about 425 points currently and trying to make myself wait until I am sure I want something. Last time I spent my points, it was on a hair oil that I am sure is going to be great, but I haven't gotten around to using it yet as I have so many samples to work through lol. I think I want a Baggu for sure, don't know what else yet.

Originally Posted by Goodie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just placed my first bb order after saving points since December.  I was really looking forward to trying the choco pods since they're so high rated but they were sold out.  Boo!  Oh well, there's always next time.  Never tried Mary Lou Manizer or the perfume but wanted to try some new things.  Getting 2 Vasanti's (1 full size, 1 sample) but I'm actually really curious to try the Jouer matte moisture tint sample.  Anyone try that and like it?

I got the Jouer Matte a few months back as a sample and loved it so much I bought a full size :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It works really, really well for me & seriously keeps my t-zone oil free for my whole work day. I hope you like it!

Spent points on the "Fabulous" perfume rollerball and Paul and Joe Beaute Lipstick. Got a pick two Incoco Nail Polish strips and some serum or another. It should ship soon.

I am placing an order today to get the Bonus points this month and the Pick Two with the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo.  I've been dying to try it.   

I'm getting 2 of the Ruby Wing polishes, Cargo Woodstock lip gloss, and Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls from the May box. 

So after this order and the bonus points, I'm at 968 points.  I'm going to keep saving through July, which is my 1 year Anniversary, so I am hoping for a discount code.  And then I'll go nuts. 
smilehappyyes.gif

Why can't I put this much effort/discipline around dieting?  Ugh...

I am placing an order today to get the Bonus points this month and the Pick Two with the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo.  I've been dying to try it.    I'm getting 2 of the Ruby Wing polishes, Cargo Woodstock lip gloss, and Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls from the May box.  So after this order and the bonus points, I'm at 968 points.  I'm going to keep saving through July, which is my 1 year Anniversary, so I am hoping for a discount code.  And then I'll go nuts.  :smilehappyyes: Why can't I put this much effort/discipline around dieting?  Ugh...
Actually, they haven't been sending out a 12 month code, but one at 13 months.

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 160 points. I haven't even been tempted to buy anything. My whole goal in getting BB was to get a Clarisonic at a really discounted rate so me not being tempted is amazing for saving.

I've noticed when I get points/rewards/gift cards I hoard them and save them. Yet if this was real money I'd blow it instantly!
A discounted Clarisonic is my goal as well. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually, they haven't been sending out a 12 month code, but one at 13 months.
That's fine too!  More points for me. 

I saved up 300 points, combined them with some discount promo code, and bought the Stila In The Light palette, and it ended up costing me only $1.20. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I quit a few months later, but still had a little over 100 points. I'm SO glad I remembered them though, b/c my sister's birthday is coming up and I'm pretty broke -- so I used the 100 points towards another Stila palette (In the Garden) b/c she's been eyeing mine, haha. Paid $30 for it. Not as great a steal as the first palette, but still a good deal.

I almost have 400 and I'm saving them for those CEW Beauty Award boxes that should be out soon. I wish they'd hurry though because they're burning a hole in my pocket, so to speak!

Are they still doing promo codes? I haven't seen a 20% off in forever and didn't get a one year anniversary code. I have 300 points that I want to spend so I can just cancel.

Are they still doing promo codes? I haven't seen a 20% off in forever and didn't get a one year anniversary code. I have 300 points that I want to spend so I can just cancel.
There starting to send random ones out, from anniversary to 16 month ones.

Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I almost have 400 and I'm saving them for those CEW Beauty Award boxes that should be out soon. I wish they'd hurry though because they're burning a hole in my pocket, so to speak!
I've got 500 points and I'm also waiting for the CEW beauty award boxes!

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SnowLeopard, you can end your subscription if you want -- your points will still be there. I ended my subscription months ago and I still had 100+ points that I redeemed only a week ago.

Hi :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have so enjoyed watching the things you all buy. I took your advice and saved my points up. While the waiting for things I wanted was hard it really was worth it due to the freebies. My first order of course I had a bunch of problems. My goodness...

Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle $21.95 (they forgot to send it completely and when alerted them, it was now back order)

C.O. BIGELOW Lavender & Peppermint Conditioner $12.00

C.O. BIGELOW Lavender & Peppermint Shampoo $12.00 (leaked all over, waiting for another it leaked so much)

Pick Two Sample Pack (free with $25+ order) ----(Gone after I ordered but they gave me 100 points in it's place :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Choose 1 pack

theBalm® cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer & amika Color pHerfection Shampoo

OROFLUIDO Elixir $29.99

Gift With Purchase: amika Birchbox Mini Ceramic Styler in Pink Peacock $29.00

Subtotal $114.94

Shipping & Handling $0.00

Discount (Free Sample Pack with Purchase, Free Amika Styler with $75+ purchase) -$39.00

700 reward points -$70.00

Grand Total $5.94

So I made out really well! It's just going to take more time to get my order and I am bummed out about the Mary-Lou Manizer.

I felt a little weird though as when I alerted them to my shampoo leaking all over I was really nice and said my items just needed a wash and would be fine. Just if it's possible to do something about my now half bottle of shampoo. I got a response back many days later apologizing that my order wasn't "perfect". Have any of you got a response like that? Sorry your order wasn't perfect? In fact she gave me 100 points for my order not being Perfect lol. I never expected perfection, I understand accidents happen and this was even before I notified them that they completely forgot another item when I realized THAT days later.

Again though the advice to wait is a good one. I got 115$ worth of items for 6 bucks out of pocket. It was worth the wait! Or... will be when my product finish arriving lol.

If any of you have had anything good or bad about any of these products let me know. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Or have you received the "not perfect" response too. lol

I've received the "not perfect" response a couple of times when I let them know that caps came off things in transit.

Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
me too! 400 points and 25% off until 6/21 i'm getting antsy! I have to make an order with this code and i'm just praying they announce those boxes by then! Which of course means they won't specifically so people with anniversary codes can't use them on this. 

Latest posts

Back