Birchbox Points: What did or will you buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

me too! 400 points and 25% off until 6/21 i'm getting antsy! I have to make an order with this code and i'm just praying they announce those boxes by then! Which of course means they won't specifically so people with anniversary codes can't use them on this. 
same!

It's super tempting to place an order with the 25% off code, especially because I want to order the Jouer Tint, but I think I will wait for the 16 month code which seems to be the same.

Placed my first BB order last night! I have so many samples that I didn't really need anything, lol. But I had a 25% off code for my anniversary so I couldn't pass it up! And I had some points going to expire. Everything I purchased has NOT been in past boxes except the color club and I loved the orange i got so I couldn't resist! I got: Deva Curl 3 step system - $19.00 Jurlique Rose Love Balm - $6.50 Marvis whitening toothpaste travel size - $7.50 Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre 30ml - $16.00 Dr Watkins peppermint foot repair salve - $8.99 Twistband workout collection - $15.00 Amika obliphica mask 60ml - $12.00 Color club wanderlust collection - $8.00 SubTotal - $92.99 25% off - -$23.25 Total - $69.74 After 700 points - $0.00!!!!!!! Can't wait to try out my goodies! Hope those CEW boxes post soon!

Super excited about my new Amika Spoil My Hair Kit! After a 25% off coupon and points I paid just $11.50 for it. I LOVED the conditioning mask and the oil treatment in my May box, so I really wanted to try the shampoo. I also bought the full size oil treatment, which I'm pretty sure will last me at least a year.  

Really dumb question - does anyone know how I'm supposed to open the full sized oil bottle? It's a twist off top with two plastic layers sealing it. The top one has a hole. Am I supposed to puncture it? Pull it off? I can't find anything on Google to help me! 
icon_redface.gif

I'm about to place my first order. I'm hemming & hawing over 30ml of the Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal Petite Cologne Absolue vs the 200ml. I have a 20% off code that I want to use!  I have $110 in points to spend.  I love this cologne. wild over it.

Any thoughts? Is it dumb not to get the full size when I have this code? 

p.s. it's for my husband who has used dollar store cologne for years. don't get me started.

Originally Posted by brandyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm about to place my first order. I'm hemming & hawing over 30ml of the Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal Petite Cologne Absolue vs the 200ml. I have a 20% off code that I want to use!  I have $110 in points to spend.  I love this cologne. wild over it.

p.s. it's for my husband who has used dollar store cologne for years. don't get me started.
If you really love it and know that you will wear it every day, why not use your hard earned points on a special splurge just for you? Especially with a coupon too! I don't know the shelf life of this particular cologne, but I have some bottles around that I don't even know how old they are and I still use them. 

Then again, I'm known as the enabler in my social circle and can rationalize pretty much any purchase. So maybe my advice isn't the most responsible!! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by brandyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by alterkate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you really love it and know that you will wear it every day, why not use your hard earned points on a special splurge just for you? Especially with a coupon too! I don't know the shelf life of this particular cologne, but I have some bottles around that I don't even know how old they are and I still use them. 

Then again, I'm known as the enabler in my social circle and can rationalize pretty much any purchase. So maybe my advice isn't the most responsible!! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
And if I had read more clearly, I would have seen that it is for your husband. Same logic applies though, but you are the one who has to smell him every day so it really is a treat for you too!! 

OMG i have so much stuff I can't even deal with full size products any more. i get so many boxes for review that i just use what i get in those. i have plenty for me!!! i would get a fragrance for myself but i'm so picky and i haven't enjoyed anything (perfumes) that comes in the boxes. besides i just sorta like trying new stuff. I'm so uncommitted.

i can rationalize ANY purchase!

Thank you for letting me know this.
biggrin.gif
I feel a little better now. I don't appreciate a company who is rude when they mess up and I am as nice as possible about working with them.

Whelp my birchbox tracker claims my box was delivered a week ago but I still don't have it. So now it's a new game of should I wait more or should I call them.

These people are always keeping me on my toes.
icon_eek.gif
Yet they are so addicting.

I couldn't resist and used my 25% off code:

(Sorry the new BB website makes the Order Page all text)

I only spent $4.20! Been waiting a few months to get the Meet Matt(e) Nude palette ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just made my first Birchbox purchase ever, I've been sitting on my points ever since I joined last July lol. 

Item Sku Qty Subtotal Skin, An Apothecary Soy Body Whip Scent
Poppy 1114 1 $27.00 Shea Terra Organics Authentic African Black Soap
851781 001638 1 $8.00 Fresh Citron de Vigne Rollerball
H00001536 1 $20.00 BVLGARI Jewel Charm - Jasmin Noir
82269 1 $47.00 Pick Two Sample Pack (free with $35+ order) Choose
Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse & Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream 5226 1 $10.00 Subtotal $112.00 Shipping & Handling $0.00 Discount (Thank You 25% Offer, bblove25, Free Sample Pack with Purchase) -$35.50 600 reward points -$60.00 Grand Total
$16.50

I wanted to wait until next month to redeem my points, but I had one of the 40 point boxes this month so most likely I would've only reached 690 points before the first ones I earned started expiring (just my luck), so I just spent the 600 that I had. Oh well, still got a really great deal! I just wish there'd been more pick 2 packs lol since the last thing I need is more volume in my hair, but hey, it was free lol.

I got my 16th month code and I want to use it but I don't know if I want to buy anything yet.

I have been eyeing the Benefit Erase Paste for so long!!

Has anyone used this before, did you guys like it?

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my 16th month code and I want to use it but I don't know if I want to buy anything yet.

I have been eyeing the Benefit Erase Paste for so long!!

Has anyone used this before, did you guys like it?
I have it and like it, but I'm not much of a concealer connoisseur.   

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it just for under the eyes or do you use it all over?

Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just made my first Birchbox purchase ever, I've been sitting on my points ever since I joined last July lol. 

Item Sku Qty Subtotal Skin, An Apothecary Soy Body Whip Scent
Poppy 1114 1 $27.00 Shea Terra Organics Authentic African Black Soap
851781 001638 1 $8.00 Fresh Citron de Vigne Rollerball
H00001536 1 $20.00 BVLGARI Jewel Charm - Jasmin Noir
82269 1 $47.00 Pick Two Sample Pack (free with $35+ order) Choose
Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse & Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream 5226 1 $10.00 Subtotal $112.00 Shipping & Handling $0.00 Discount (Thank You 25% Offer, bblove25, Free Sample Pack with Purchase) -$35.50 600 reward points -$60.00 Grand Total
$16.50

I wanted to wait until next month to redeem my points, but I had one of the 40 point boxes this month so most likely I would've only reached 690 points before the first ones I earned started expiring (just my luck), so I just spent the 600 that I had. Oh well, still got a really great deal! I just wish there'd been more pick 2 packs lol since the last thing I need is more volume in my hair, but hey, it was free lol.
Do you know how long that discount will last?

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it just for under the eyes or do you use it all over?

I don't use it under my eyes.  I usually use it on blemishes.  As long as I use a setting powder after, it seems to last a while.  It also works way better for me if I apply it with a brush, rather than my fingers and the little scoop thing that came with it.  I also seem to use less if I use a brush.

^ If you are asking about the 'bblove25' code, at the bottom of the email with the code, there is fine point that said it expires on 21Jun (this Fri) at 11:59PM Eastern..

Not sure if everyone else's are expiring then as well.

I'm hoarding my points for a future LE box should one come along. I loved the "We Heart" and "Garden Box"

I got my 13th month code, I'm considering ordering the Clarisonic Mia with my 600+ points and pay the difference..  Have any of you ladies used the Clarisonic? Any thoughts?

Latest posts

Back