Birchbox Points: What did or will you buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought the birchbox favorites making eyes set. Does anyone have it? Was it a good use of points or a waste?

I'm looking to spend 30 points on something. I was eyeballing a bottle of glamglow. I've never tried it before, but with a coupon code and points it would only cost me $25 out of pocket.  Does this seem like a good buy?

I'm looking to spend 30 points on something. I was eyeballing a bottle of glamglow. I've never tried it before, but with a coupon code and points it would only cost me $25 out of pocket.  Does this seem like a good buy?
Generally speaking, that is a great price. Even when I stumble upon GlamGlow at TJMaxx, etc, it is still about $35-40. It's a little harder to say since you haven't tried it before.

Generally speaking, that is a great price. Even when I stumble upon GlamGlow at TJMaxx, etc, it is still about $35-40. It's a little harder to say since you haven't tried it before.
 I have yet to hear anyone say it was lousy aside from people with extremely sensitive skin. It is on my beauty bucket list. There really isn't anything else I want/need as I seem to be swimming in blushes, eye shadows, lip products and cleansers. 

I have yet to hear anyone say it was lousy aside from people with extremely sensitive skin. It is on my beauty bucket list. There really isn't anything else I want/need as I seem to be swimming in blushes, eye shadows, lip products and cleansers. 
Well, it seems like a good buy for you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Don't forget to add on the mystery sample pack. It counts to the total pre-coupon and points, so you should be able to get it for free. 

Well, it seems like a good buy for you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Don't forget to add on the mystery sample pack. It counts to the total pre-coupon and points, so you should be able to get it for free. 
I got the white one- supermud cleansing because it said it was good for adult acne. I used a code and got a mystery sample packet. Out of pocket came to $19.00. 

Ugh I placed an order yesterday and the mystery packs were out of stock
It does that almost once per week. Maybe it's a site glitch. I got one with my order last night so they would appear to be back. You could write to cs to add it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hording my points now...I have almost 500 and see if I can hold out until September (my B-day month) to get something really nice.

I keep on buying the same thing with my points - those S'well water bottles. Totally obsessed with them! The 17oz bottles just came back in stock yesterday, and I bought another one in Monaco Blue. 

I keep on buying the same thing with my points - those S'well water bottles. Totally obsessed with them! The 17oz bottles just came back in stock yesterday, and I bought another one in Monaco Blue. 
I just checked out the water bottles on their site and love this idea! I hadn't looked into the home section in a long time. Need to check it more often. I think I need to use my points for one of these. I don't like plastic reusable wattle bottles even if they are BPA free so this seems to be a great option. Thanks for the info!

I have 900 points and a 50 gift card and would like to do a major order, but the 2 shades I can wear of the cc cream I use are OOS and CS can't tell me when they'll be back. But she did say they will come back. So I guess I'll just keep waiting and accumulating points, but I'm sure by the time I order the other stuff I want will be OOS. Sigh. I'd just do a few separate orders but I have a 25% off I'd like to use.

BTW, did anyone else notice the stopped selling the cheaper beautyblender double in favor of the pricier b.b.f. set? Annoying.

I just got summer ready kit. I was saving for the summer LE box that sold out so I settled for this one. I'll use all everything in it, so it's a good deal for me.

I ended up getting Miss Jessie's Quick Curls Creme and Beauty Protector leave-in conditioner with my 30 points, both were products I knew I liked, so I was thrilled to get them for all of 96 cents. I was pretty disappointed with the mystery pack, though. It was a teeny tube of Yu-be and a foil of Miss Jessie's Recovery Treatment (would have liked it better had it been bigger, but it's not even enough to do all my hair) ..both were so teeny I'd have been VERY UNHAPPY had it not been free.

Here's my recent order:

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 4.47.10 PM.png

I got that perfume last month and I lurrrrrvvvveee it!  It's SO cheap too.  I better get a good 2 pack mystery pack.

- Had 320 points

- made $35 purchase (got mystery pack) and used ACESEXTRA75

- 20 remaining points + 5 purchase points + 75 promotion points = 100 total points

- made $10 purchase and used MISSCHARMING to get a sample of the Miss Charming perfume

$45 in products + mystery pack + perfume sample all for $5

I just cashed in

I had 671 points, used 600 of them.  Used TAKE21OFF to get 21% off.

Promos used in this order:

• Free Sample Pack with $35+ Purchase
  • VIP Free Shipping
  • TAKE21OFF 21-Box Anniversary Discount - 21%
Item Sku Qty Subtotal

• amika Un.Done Texture Spray amika Undone Texture Spray 1 $24.00
  • Macadamia Professional™ Weightless Moisture Leave-In Conditioning Mist 200101 1 $22.00
  • amika Bombshell Blowout Spray AM50.11256 1 $24.00
  • Spend $35, get a free Mystery Sample Pack 5823 1 $10.00
  • LA FRESH® Travel Lite® Facial Cleansing Wipes – 3 pack 7-66670-35154-4 1 $1.99
Subtotal $81.99

• Shipping & Handling $0.00
  • Discount (VIP Free Shipping, 21-Box Anniversary Discount - 21%, TAKE21OFF, Free Sample Pack with $35+ Purchase) -$25.12
  • Tax $3.55
  • 600 reward points -$60.00
Grand Total $0.42

:wizard:

Back