Birchbox Points: What did or will you buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautybrands.com has the full sized amika dry shampoo on sale for $10. I used a coupon code and it brought it down to $6.50.

This is the 2nd amika steal I got off their site. I got an amika hair dryer for $40 a few weeks ago. Those dryers normally retail for over $100.

This company reminds me of a knockoff ulta, lol.

https://m.beautybrands.com/product/amika+perk+up+dry+shampoo.do

http://www.beautybrands.com/product/amika+power+cloud+force+dryer+-+graffiti.do?sortby=bestSellers
Wow, I checked that place out and there are some amazing deals. Were you pleased with the stuff you received, because I'm contemplating an order from the clearance section now. Amazing prices!!

Wow, I checked that place out and there are some amazing deals. Were you pleased with the stuff you received, because I'm contemplating an order from the clearance section now. Amazing prices!!
Yes, I'm pleased with them and I have ordered from this place twice. They accept PayPal, and use fedex to deliver. No fedex/usps hybrid crap.

I've never ordered from them, but I've been in two different stores during their liter sales.  It was an odd experience b/c there were so many salon chairs, but all were empty.  Their makeup sections felt more like afterthoughts.  Odd experience and I haven't felt the need to go back.

ETA:  Whoops, I didn't quote.  I was talking about Beauty Brands.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never ordered from them, but I've been in two different stores during their liter sales.  It was an odd experience b/c there were so many salon chairs, but all were empty.  Their makeup sections felt more like afterthoughts.  Odd experience and I haven't felt the need to go back.

ETA:  Whoops, I didn't quote.  I was talking about Beauty Brands.
There's no store near my area, so I've never dealt with them in person.  When you say afterthought, is it like a ghost town in there, the makeup looked old and expired, or is everything is a hot mess like a Black Friday sale?

There's no store near my area, so I've never dealt with them in person.  When you say afterthought, is it like a ghost town in there, the makeup looked old and expired, or is everything is a hot mess like a Black Friday sale?
It wasn't highlighted in the store at ALL.  Imagine walking into a store and seeing 98% hair/salon stuff and then finding a display with makeup and such.  It wasn't a hot mess at all, nor was it a ghost town -- just a different concept from the Ulta/Sephora style that I'm used to.  

I remember when I started getting physical mailers from them my first thought was, "hmm, Ulta'ish."  

I seem to overthink things in the BB shop i.e oh you don't need more hand creams and you will never use all that perfume. But these are all things I've sampled and loved, so happy Valentine's Day to myself. 

Tocca hand cream- Bianca- $10

Atelier Duo vanilla and orange-$18

Staniac Beauty Queen-$17

Pick Two-0

Subtotal 44.00

Comeback20Off

Total- 38.00

400 points applied nothing oop. 

Soak Rinse-Free Wash

Scent

Fig

S06-F

$10.00

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream

$15.00

Harney & Sons Fine Teas Paris

636046-35524 0

$9.60

Harney & Sons Fine Teas Earl Grey Supreme

636046-35523 3

$9.60

Spend $35, get a free Mystery Sample Pack

$10.00

Subtotal

$54.20

Shipping & Handling

$0.00

Discount (VIP Free Shipping, 20% Off For You, TAKEOFF20, Free Sample Pack with $35+ Purchase)

-$18.84

300 reward points

-$30.00

Grand Total

$5.36

I'm excited to see if this laundry wash works!

Soak Rinse-Free Wash

Scent

Fig

S06-F

$10.00

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream

$15.00

Harney & Sons Fine Teas Paris

636046-35524 0

$9.60

Harney & Sons Fine Teas Earl Grey Supreme

636046-35523 3

$9.60

Spend $35, get a free Mystery Sample Pack

$10.00

Subtotal

$54.20

Shipping & Handling

$0.00

Discount (VIP Free Shipping, 20% Off For You, TAKEOFF20, Free Sample Pack with $35+ Purchase)

-$18.84

300 reward points

-$30.00

Grand Total

$5.36

I'm excited to see if this laundry wash works!
i have that soak product and love it! it smells good and is effective. best use is for washing swimsuit etc during a vacation on the beach! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got an amika wand in the aces sale for free with points. A big step up from my cheapo conair iron.

Beautybrands.com has the full sized amika dry shampoo on sale for $10. I used a coupon code and it brought it down to $6.50.

This is the 2nd amika steal I got off their site. I got an amika hair dryer for $40 a few weeks ago. Those dryers normally retail for over $100.

This company reminds me of a knockoff ulta, lol.

https://m.beautybrands.com/product/amika+perk+up+dry+shampoo.do

http://www.beautybrands.com/product/amika+power+cloud+force+dryer+-+graffiti.do?sortby=bestSellers
Holy crud. I did pay like $75 or so for that hairdryer last year. I love it.

I took advantage of the Aces deals to get a gigantic Illume candle in that cedar and whatever fragrance. It was like $22ish. I smelled some of those candles at a snooty grocery store, once and loved them all, so I figure I can't go wrong. But you know I wasn't going to pay $40 for a candle. I may light it briefly before company arrives, and then blow it out. It will look classy.

Woo I'm back on MUT after a "ermygerd i got a full time job where did my freetime go" absence. I've been hoarding Birchbox points and finally decided to spring for this baby as a new carry on for my trip to Paris in March. It was still $40 out of pocket, but I haven't been buying makeup and body stuff the past 7 months to try and make a dent in my stash (and in anticipation of stocking up on french skincare and potentially a cheeky chanel item in paris)

katespadesaturday_theweekendertote_palegrayneoncoral_900x900.jpgkatespadesaturday_theweekendertote_palegrayneoncoral_2_900x900.jpg

I haven't got shipping info yet and there were no real pictures of this one, but a nice review of the blue one to give me confidence I will like it as a whole, just a little nervous about the neon pink, those colors hardly ever photograph properly.

Woo I'm back on MUT after a "ermygerd i got a full time job where did my freetime go" absence. I've been hoarding Birchbox points and finally decided to spring for this baby as a new carry on for my trip to Paris in March. It was still $40 out of pocket, but I haven't been buying makeup and body stuff the past 7 months to try and make a dent in my stash (and in anticipation of stocking up on french skincare and potentially a cheeky chanel item in paris)

katespadesaturday_theweekendertote_palegrayneoncoral_900x900.jpg
katespadesaturday_theweekendertote_palegrayneoncoral_2_900x900.jpg

I haven't got shipping info yet and there were no real pictures of this one, but a nice review of the blue one to give me confidence I will like it as a whole, just a little nervous about the neon pink, those colors hardly ever photograph properly.
I think I posted a pic of the purse version of that somewhere in this thread (but the lighting was probably crap, sooo...)!  I love the color, and I really wish I would have gotten this size...I'm just not a purse-person.  But the color is gorg.

I'm back up to almost 800 points, but so far, there is nothing I'm really coveting.  Guess I'll keep saving...

I have that bag in the purse size also and I love the colors.  I was a little afraid when I bought it that it would be garish and way too bright, but it is a really nice shade IRL.  You're going to love it!

I just saw this on BB instagram. The Brunch Tote looks cute and I'm thinking about using my points to get it.  I had no interest in the tote until I saw this picture. The power of proper styling in pictures.  :D   The Kate Spade umbrella  in the picture is being released 4/17.

BB April lifestyle.png

Back