Birchbox Sample Closet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If i have to spend $125 then I dont see how its a great deal. I personally will not be spending that much on BB.

Its not necessarily a great deal, but its a fun deal. A chance to pick out any bb samples you want? SO FUN. Something you've missed from past boxes and have been wanting or anything like that. 

I don't think it's THAT much money to spend on BB products. I mean, heck yeah $125 is a lot of money (2.5 weeks worth of groceries) BUT you can pretty much buy 2-3 products from the shop and  you're at $125.

Originally Posted by TXSlainte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It should really say "You are invited to Spend $150 in our shop"... I'm so disenchanted with Birchbox.

LOL. At least they're not Sephora where for $500 you get the equivalent of a lancome GWP and get to use one measly code at checkout.

The Birchbox one actually seems generous by comparison now that I think of it, esp because you get to choose your samples. 

Very true, it would be easy to get the minimum in your cart! However, I know dropping $125 down at one time just isn't feasible for some people (myself included), so I really wish they would have had maybe a $50 or $75 option where you can still pick out some samples, just less of them. 

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think it's THAT much money to spend on BB products. I mean, heck yeah $125 is a lot of money (2.5 weeks worth of groceries) BUT you can pretty much buy 2-3 products from the shop and  you're at $125.

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2.5 weeks?! Damn I need to grocery shop with you! I spend that every other day @ the grocery store!

Originally Posted by JaSmine Rose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2.5 weeks?! Damn I need to grocery shop with you! I spend that every other day @ the grocery store!

damn, what are you eating? lol. I get by about 3 weeks on 150, but its just me.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LoL Well it's me, hubby and step son who is only with us like 3-4 days out of the week. I am a firm "no store brand" kinda girl, most people limit Porter house and T-bone cuts of steak to once in a while, but we are meat eaters here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Hubby is anti veg, so I cant fill him up on that lol. I sware when we shop you would think a bunch of 10yr olds was let loose with a debit card.

Originally Posted by JaSmine Rose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LoL Well it's me, hubby and step son who is only with us like 3-4 days out of the week. I am a firm "no store brand" kinda girl, most people limit Porter house and T-bone cuts of steak to once in a while, but we are meat eaters here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Hubby is anti veg, so I cant fill him up on that lol. I sware when we shop you would think a bunch of 10yr olds was let loose with a debit card.

haha, men , that explains it, lol. 

That is good! I do 200 every 2 weeks and go over my food budget all the time :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JaSmine Rose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is good! I do 200 every 2 weeks and go over my food budget all the time :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Budget?! What's that? lol Food is the one thing that I have no issue with splurging on. Example: Took hubby out for his Bday and spent $300 on one dinner, just the two of us. Didnt blink twice. I am also the lady in the store that just grabs whats appealing to the eye. Fyi, Bobby Flay's over use of mico greens on his dishes is insane lol

Its a fun offer for those who got the email and can spend that much at Birchbox.  It's too bad they just dont have a box of samples you could just purchase from the website at anytime.  Kind of like purchasing a Birchbox without the subscription.  Even if it was just for subscribers.  They could even theme the boxes, like one for skincare, one for body, one for hair, ect.  I would purchase an extra box from time to time, in addition to the 2 Birchboxes I already recieve.  

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its a fun offer for those who got the email and can spend that much at Birchbox.  It's too bad they just dont have a box of samples you could just purchase from the website at anytime.  Kind of like purchasing a Birchbox without the subscription.  Even if it was just for subscribers.  They could even theme the boxes, like one for skincare, one for body, one for hair, ect.  I would purchase an extra box from time to time, in addition to the 2 Birchboxes I already recieve.  

do you mean something like this: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/gifts/gorgeous-on-the-go

So I had a change of heart, I found things that I want and 7 items later it got to 125 very quickly so I actually think I am going to go through with it... it will be an extra 125 points for the purchase, plus the 10 free samples which are roughly 2 boxes, so worth 20 bucks... making the 'savings' a little over 30 dollars... I know I am good at justifying purchases.. aghh is anyone else going for it? The main reason is that I am getting 2 TV boxes this month and there are so many samples in the regular March boxes that I really want to try!! 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I had a change of heart, I found things that I want and 7 items later it got to 125 very quickly so I actually think I am going to go through with it... it will be an extra 125 points for the purchase, plus the 10 free samples which are roughly 2 boxes, so worth 20 bucks... making the 'savings' a little over 30 dollars... I know I am good at justifying purchases.. aghh is anyone else going for it? The main reason is that I am getting 2 TV boxes this month and there are so many samples in the regular March boxes that I really want to try!! 
I keep looking at the Clarisonic Mia and I need new mascara and want thebalm's mary lou-minzer, that would set me over the $150 mark, lol. 

to all the ladies talking about grocery shopping (i know this is off-topic):

check out if you have a store near you called ALDI. it's a small supermarket but has everything you need IMO.

they barely have any brand name stuff (only for some things, like candy they have e.g. original M&M's and stuff) and it's all "their own brands". I swear, tastes exactly the same and is 3 times cheaper.

i used to shop at Wal-Mart, bu i spent $100 there every week. now sometimes I don't even spend $50! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

just as an example, one pound of bananas at Aldi is $.55 

net of oranges usually around $2

gallon of apple cider ca $2.99 (when they have it)

guacamole (like Wholly's guac)  ca $3 

see where this is going? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i sometimes go to stop & shop for things like vegetarian meat subs, or fronzen lunches for work but everything else i try to buy at aldi! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

i didn't get that email btw :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> kind of bummed, cause i maybe would have participated myself.

did we find out yet if the"key" code s only valid for people who got the email, or anyone?

Aldi is great for getting produce cheap, but none in my area.

Im a hardcore Trader Joe's junkie. I can buy $150 worth of food for only $70. Their soups, pre-cut veggie packs, pre-cut apples, and their fruit leather pieces are my favorites. Plus all their frozen meals are healthier and more delicious than anything you'll ever try. Im running low on all my TJ products and cannot wait until Monday when Im going back for more. 

I only go to a normal grocery store (Safeway) to get the few things I can't find at TJs.

My biggest problem is Whole Foods. I'm vegan so when I enter whole foods and see vegan sour cream, 30 flavors of ice cream, cookies and more cookies, brownies, frozen meals, etc I go a little crazy. Yesterday I spent $30 on junk food when I went just to get cream cheese and daiya vegan cheese. Woops.

Back