Birchbox Sample Closet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I applied the code and it said it was applied, but I didn't place an order. It looks to be a multi-use generic code so I'd give it a shot if you wanted to purchase some stuff.

I go to Fresh & Easy a lot for groceries. They have a reward card that gives  you points.. every 500 points is a $5 off automatically if you use your card, and they frequently have $10 off $50 coupons.

I got about $80 worth of food today for $60, mostly meat and fish, and gluten free stuff. It should last the two of us a whole week.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I applied the code and it said it was applied, but I didn't place an order. It looks to be a multi-use generic code so I'd give it a shot if you wanted to purchase some stuff.

This is good to know, thanks for checking! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I go to Fresh & Easy a lot for groceries. They have a reward card that gives  you points.. every 500 points is a $5 off automatically if you use your card, and they frequently have $10 off $50 coupons.

I got about $80 worth of food today for $60, mostly meat and fish, and gluten free stuff. It should last the two of us a whole week.

Oh man if they had a place like that near me I'd go even more coupon crazy then I already do!!!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I LOVE Aldi. There's one really close to my place that just opened up, so we don't have to make the drive to one that's about 15 minutes away. My husband and I go grocery shopping every 2 weeks, and we spend about $75 each time. Spending less than $200 a month on groceries has been amazing. And I totally agree about the tastes of their brands--I even actually like some of them better than the name brands.

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

to all the ladies talking about grocery shopping (i know this is off-topic):

check out if you have a store near you called ALDI. it's a small supermarket but has everything you need IMO.

they barely have any brand name stuff (only for some things, like candy they have e.g. original M&M's and stuff) and it's all "their own brands". I swear, tastes exactly the same and is 3 times cheaper.

i used to shop at Wal-Mart, bu i spent $100 there every week. now sometimes I don't even spend $50! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

just as an example, one pound of bananas at Aldi is $.55 

net of oranges usually around $2

gallon of apple cider ca $2.99 (when they have it)

guacamole (like Wholly's guac)  ca $3 

see where this is going? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i sometimes go to stop & shop for things like vegetarian meat subs, or fronzen lunches for work but everything else i try to buy at aldi! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by LoveJesslina /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I have an annual membership as well and I didn't get the email either. :/

Has anyone heard anything about whether or not we can use the code even if we didn't receive the email? I'd be more than happy to clear out the build-up in my cart if I'll get 15 free samples out of it.

I think that the codes still work, even if you didn't get the email. In the case of their Annual Upgrade offer, I wasn't emailed about it, I saw the post here that someone kindly shared, and used the code, and they still awarded me the points from the offer! So I think you're good. =] I mean, if you think about it, if it gets them another order and a happy customer, I don't see why they would mind so much. 

I think the sample box codes work until March 31st. So we all have a few weeks to decide. But it does say, 'hurry-access is limited!' so who knows.

Does anyone know if you will be able to rate the samples for points? I also got the email and was planning on ordering a small order but now I'm torn because I would rather get double points or some other promo that they usually run...

I can't believe I'm actually thinking about this. I laughed when I first got the email, but I really want a Clarisonic Mia, so why not get some samples along with it? I might even get to try some of the things I've really wanted the last few months. I'm canceling my subscription, but have a few points to use up. I just might do it.

Do it! The Mia is awesome. I would have bought it on BB w/ the sample code if I hadn't bought the package at Sephora in November that came with like 12 deluxe skincare samples.

Another perk to Aldi is that they have fancy European items like cheese for hell of a lot cheaper than other stores. I went crazy when they had brie for $3 a round when it is $7+ everywhere else!

I just heard back from Birchbox CS and they said the offer would only be valid for email recipients. I am SO bummed - I was all ready to place a big order for the chance to take part.

Originally Posted by Auntboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just heard back from Birchbox CS and they said the offer would only be valid for email recipients. I am SO bummed - I was all ready to place a big order for the chance to take part.

Yup, I too would have made a big order. Oh well, their loss. I don't really NEED more samples. I'm starting to side eye birchbox though.

why would they do that?? Seriously can anybody think of a godd reason why they would do that?

I'm a little over Birchbox.  This is my 3rd or 4th month with them.  My first box rocked and my last one sucked!  Thank God for the trade thread or I would have been stuck with it all.  However, thanks to Jasmine Rose, I got stuff I wanted!!  I peeked this month at what should be in the mail tomorrow.  Hair powder (I would never have to wash my hair if it weren't for product, so it won't do me any good), sunscreen towels (I have a bottle of Coppertone that works fine!).  There is some sort of beauty cream that may be promising.   I am seeing the posts on the Teen Vogue box, wish I opted in for it!! :-(

(BTW..I LOVE Aldi too!!!)

XOXO

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Targeted marketing?

It seems like anyone who subscribes to birchbox would be a target for samples, though. I don't know if maybe they have very specific samples that they are going to offer and thats how they chose, but it just seems weird.

What a bummer! Sorry for getting anyone excited. I decided that I would rather double points, so Im not going to take advantage of this promo. Who knows how many samples they actually have to pick from, and a lot I bet we have seen. So meh. I'll probably regret it, but my debit card will be happy.

Back