Birchbox Sample Closet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know I am late to the game here, but the trick to maximize the Sephora samples is to order your stuff in increments of $50. You get free shipping, a chance to use all the codes on the specials page and you get to open a ton of boxes!

In my case that just means the manager of my apartment makes fun of me more lol. 

You're def right about the $50 increments.

Just to clarify--I meant that it takes 500 points just to get the silly reward from Sephora, not that I order that much at a time. I still think places like Ulta and my sample services are better, and Saks has some great beauty GWPs with a $100 purchase a couple of times a year (plus they let you stack I think 5 codes). 

I miss the old days of Sephora when they would shove a bunch of samples in your bag every time you bought anything. [cue violins]

I do the $50 increment orders too lol! Otherwise it just isn't worth it because you have to pay for shipping. At least if you order in $50 increments, you get the samples and the promo code too like you said.

I have to say I prefer buying things at Nordstroms just because their CS Is miles above just about everywhere else. They also do some great beauty promos throughout the year. I wish they had a beauty program because I would switch over in a heartbeat.

Sephoras point system is fun, but I never have seen anything that was worth the points to me. I mean, if you think about it, the points are equivilant to $500 dollars. So I have to spend $500 to get a gift set that's free most other places with a $30 or $50 purchase? It's sort of annoying.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do the $50 increment orders too lol! Otherwise it just isn't worth it because you have to pay for shipping. At least if you order in $50 increments, you get the samples and the promo code too like you said.

I have to say I prefer buying things at Nordstroms just because their CS Is miles above just about everywhere else. They also do some great beauty promos throughout the year. I wish they had a beauty program because I would switch over in a heartbeat.

Sephoras point system is fun, but I never have seen anything that was worth the points to me. I mean, if you think about it, the points are equivilant to $500 dollars. So I have to spend $500 to get a gift set that's free most other places with a $30 or $50 purchase? It's sort of annoying.

Do you have a nordstrom credit card? its not a beauty program but they do rewards certificates that you can spend on anything. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you have a nordstrom credit card? its not a beauty program but they do rewards certificates that you can spend on anything. 
I don't! I tried to get one a few years back but was declined. I should try again though.

I got my Sample Closet access last Monday, April 2nd and IMMEDIATELY chose my samples (20, of which I'm supposed to get 10) but have not heard a peep from them since then. They were supposed to be shipped by the end of last week, but I have no shipping notification, no email, no samples. Hmmm...

ETA - I am SUCH a liar! Went to get my mail this afternoon and my samples were in my mailbox. 

Originally Posted by TXSlainte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my Sample Closet access last Monday, April 2nd and IMMEDIATELY chose my samples (20, of which I'm supposed to get 10) but have not heard a peep from them since then. They were supposed to be shipped by the end of last week, but I have no shipping notification, no email, no samples. Hmmm...

ETA - I am SUCH a liar! Went to get my mail this afternoon and my samples were in my mailbox. 

WELL WHAT DID YOU GET?

I got: Bamboo Lemongrass Foaming Body Scrub, Kerastase Bain Miroir, Korres Fig Shower Gel, Ahava Mandarin-Cedarwood Bath Salts, Cargo Lash Activator, Zoya Polish in Kendal, Blow Styling Mist, Kerastase Chroma Sensitive (3 packets), JR Watkins Foot Repair Salve, and a Beauty Blender. 

Originally Posted by TXSlainte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got: Bamboo Lemongrass Foaming Body Scrub, Kerastase Bain Miroir, Korres Fig Shower Gel, Ahava Mandarin-Cedarwood Bath Salts, Cargo Lash Activator, Zoya Polish in Kendal, Blow Styling Mist, Kerastase Chroma Sensitive (3 packets), JR Watkins Foot Repair Salve, and a Beauty Blender. 

Nice! 

I feel a bit left out that I didn't get the e-mail, since I have spent a fair bit of money with Birchbox. But there's no way I could spend that much money all at once. I mean, I could, but I never have that kind of spare cash lying around. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ooh, jealous!  Wish I would have received an invitation.  It would have been fun to pick out the samples.  And you got some really good ones, too.  A beauty blender?  Nice.  Hope this helps to make up for some of the bad experiences you've had with Birchbox.  Now if they'd just update the April pages and send me an invite to Beta for Birchbox Men, I'd be a very happy camper too.  *crossing fingers*

Holy crap! Awesome picks! Im jealous, but I know I couldn't afford to spend the extra money last month. Hopefully they will do something like this again.

The stuff in the pic isn't from the monthly Birchbox. It's from a special promotion they had. If you spent a certain amount you got to choose some samples. 

Originally Posted by Cassie Schramm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So you get 2 birchboxes a month... are they typically different or the same from one another?

Back