Birchbox September 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my.  I'm definitely swinging by tomorrow.

Do you know anything about the Saturday even besides what is written on the site?  Does every purchase come with a bag of samples? 

I posted this in Birchbox Soho tread, but I'm not sure how many people are following that, so I'm going to post it hear as well.

Birchbox is celebrating it's birthday on Friday, September 19 by giving out BYOB boxes. Details on their website:

http://join.birchbox.com/storeevents/

Also, they are doing a giveway. I don't think that you have to live in NYC to participate in it:

https://www.birchbox.com/promotions/giveaways

(not referral links)

Do you know anything about the Saturday even besides what is written on the site?  Does every purchase come with a bag of samples? 
@@liilak - Nope, only what was on the site. I signed up for their updates, but haven't received any yet.

I'm not sure if it's every purchase but as long as you're not just buying a lip balm or something you should be fine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's not OK!  I got the plain brown box too--I haven't emailed them yet, but i'm annoyed. They should've made it clear in all those promo videos that not everyone was getting a printed "keepsake" box. I have a yearly subscription, and it feels like they're saying, "Everyone gets a special keepsake box--except for a few of you, suckas!"

It's rude and careless on their part, and they should make up for it in some way.
I agree. I get that it's just a box but not only did I not get the keepsake box, but my box just looked a mess. The samples were thrown in like it was nothing (did they not have pillow packs this month for the samples or was it just my box?) and the tissue paper was all bunched up and folded under the samples so there was no "big reveal" for me lol. I try to take my time and open my pillow pack last and be surprised etc. There was also no info card in my box either.

I e-mailed them and still have yet to hear a response, which is strange, considering they always get back to me within 24 hours, tops. 

I just think if they tell me on instagram to e-mail them about the lack of pretty box, then they should do more than just say "so sorry, bye now!" lol. I'm not expecting 100 points or anything but maybe just tell me they'll send me a keepsake box with my next month, or hell- 10 points would be nice, just to feel like they actually give a crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I get that it's just a box but not only did I not get the keepsake box, but my box just looked a mess. The samples were thrown in like it was nothing (did they not have pillow packs this month for the samples or was it just my box?) and the tissue paper was all bunched up and folded under the samples so there was no "big reveal" for me lol. I try to take my time and open my pillow pack last and be surprised etc. There was also no info card in my box either.

I e-mailed them and still have yet to hear a response, which is strange, considering they always get back to me within 24 hours, tops. 

I just think if they tell me on instagram to e-mail them about the lack of pretty box, then they should do more than just say "so sorry, bye now!" lol. I'm not expecting 100 points or anything but maybe just tell me they'll send me a keepsake box with my next month, or hell- 10 points would be nice, just to feel like they actually give a crap.
Yeah it sounds like your box wasn't packed properly.  There were pillow packs this month as well.

It would be nice if someone from MUT got surprised by the Birchbox delivery elves today for their birthday celebration! I'm curious to see what that would be like. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I live about 3 hours away from the city so maybe I'll get really lucky! hahahaha. I made sure to nominate myself, I may complain about Birchbox sometimes but they always draw me back in with their excellent customer service and points system.

My box is scheduled to be here next Monday, but I am hoping it surprises me sooner. Funny story, I mistyped earlier and almost said that "I wouldn't balm you guys." I corrected it, because I would totally balm you guys. Would you blame me? Sorry, I'm on steroids. I'm going to make bad jokes for the next two weeks. Womp womp.
Benebalm, pls? Want to try it out. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I stopped by Birchbox Soho this morning to get the free BYOB they are offering for Customer Appreciation Day. It was a little after they'd opened and there were already a handful of girls standing in line. It's sure to get much busier later in the day, so the sooner you can stop by, the better! There were balloons, jars of free candy everywhere, and gold glitter on the floors. BB is adorable.

Here's the choices from what I can remember:

Body

• Caudalie Divine Legs (foil packet)
  • Whish Exfoliating Gel
  • Color Club Mini Nail Polish in Peace, Love, & Polish
Face

• Marcelle 8-in-1 Power Serum
  • Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser
  • Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel
  • SuperGoop
Fragrance

• Harvey Prince Ageless
  • Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume
  • MCMC Phoenix 
  • Folle de Joie 
Hair

• Miss Jessie's Quick Curls (large foil packet)
  • Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Conditioner
  • Macadamia Healing Oil
Makeup

• Laura Geller Mascara
  • Anastasia Brow Gel
  • Cynthia Rowley Silver Eyeliner
  • Manna Highlighter 
bb customer appreciation byob.jpeg

UGH.  I work by the BB store... of course they have free boxes the day I work from home!! Oh well.... 

I stopped by Birchbox Soho this morning to get the free BYOB they are offering for Customer Appreciation Day. It was a little after they'd opened and there were already a handful of girls standing in line. It's sure to get much busier later in the day, so the sooner you can stop by, the better! There were balloons, jars of free candy everywhere, and gold glitter on the floors. BB is adorable.

Here's the choices from what I can remember:

Body

• Caudalie Divine Legs (foil packet)
  • Whish Exfoliating Gel
  • Color Club Mini Nail Polish in Peace, Love, & Polish
Face
  • Marcelle 8-in-1 Power Serum
  • Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser
  • Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel
  • SuperGoop
Fragrance
  • Harvey Prince Ageless
  • Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume
  • MCMC Phoenix 
  • Folle de Joie 
Hair
  • Miss Jessie's Quick Curls (large foil packet)
  • Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Conditioner
  • Macadamia Healing Oil
Makeup
  • Laura Geller Mascara
  • Anastasia Brow Gel
  • Cynthia Rowley Silver Eyeliner
  • Manna Highlighter 
bb customer appreciation byob.jpeg
So jealous!

Everything finally updated for me, and tracking says my box is in Tennessee. I'll probably have my box Monday or Tuesday. My update is saying I'll be getting:

-Dr. Jart Pore Minimalist Mask.

-Dear Clark Resurrecting Wash.

-Dear Clark Resurrecting Rinse.

-Acure Organics Day Cream.

-Chapstick Duel Hydration.

So, I guess I'm not getting the sample that they confirmed that I picked? Bummer. I was really looking foreword to it. Really bummed that I'm getting the chapstick, too. I wanted the Pixie. Otherwise I'm actually pretty happy with what the box is supposed to be. I've heard really awesome reviews for the Dr. Jart, and the Acure. I really hope that the people who have done reviews on the Dear Clark on Youtube were over exaggerating the smell, because that was also something I wanted. But if it smells ick, I won't use it.  

Well, they haven't called me yet. I saw on facebook someone got a $250 gift card, and someone else is getting some swag mailed to them. All I could see was a water bottle. A lot of people in the pictures are wearing BB gear. I need someone on here to get a package so I can live vicariously. Good pictures, please!

So, I guess I'm not getting the sample that they confirmed that I picked?
The one time I was involved in sample picking (the first month), I didn't get the sample I chose, either.  I e-mailed them and they sent it separately.  I didn't get points for reviewing it, but at least I eventually got it.  It helps if you save your confirmation (in my case, an e-mail they sent confirming my choice, since I also never got the pick-your-sample e-mail).

Everything finally updated for me, and tracking says my box is in Tennessee. I'll probably have my box Monday or Tuesday. My update is saying I'll be getting:

-Dr. Jart Pore Minimalist Mask.

-Dear Clark Resurrecting Wash.

-Dear Clark Resurrecting Rinse.

-Acure Organics Day Cream.

-Chapstick Duel Hydration.

So, I guess I'm not getting the sample that they confirmed that I picked? Bummer. I was really looking foreword to it. Really bummed that I'm getting the chapstick, too. I wanted the Pixie. Otherwise I'm actually pretty happy with what the box is supposed to be. I've heard really awesome reviews for the Dr. Jart, and the Acure. I really hope that the people who have done reviews on the Dear Clark on Youtube were over exaggerating the smell, because that was also something I wanted. But if it smells ick, I won't use it.
I'm getting the same. All the reviews I've seen for the shampoo say that it makes hair oilier. I can't use it. If anything I'm glad for the mask and chapstick. Iffy about the lotion stuff.

I'm getting the same. All the reviews I've seen for the shampoo say that it makes hair oilier. I can't use it. If anything I'm glad for the mask and chapstick. Iffy about the lotion stuff.
Yikes. I can't use oily stuff either. Recently, I bought a shampoo from the Yes To brand, and it makes my hair oily, too. =_=;; I don't want to be stuck with two oily brand shampoos. = (

Latest posts

Back