Birchbox September 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those candles are SO cool! I'm tempted to get a few for gifts.

Lipstick and eyeliner are both things I don't really use but I will get the Mally for one box and the Party Proof for the other.

Why does Lord & Berry think those sad eyeliner stubs are a good way to introduce their brand to people? They are pathetic, and the one in that video looked pretty stiff, and not very pigmented.

ETA: And they make other really good products! I have several. It's poor advertising.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will probably be going with the lipstick. I hate glosses... Which is a shame this time around because those are really pretty shades. Won't be doing the eyeliner because I've tried that brand before (thanks Ipsy) and it goes on nice, but by the end of the day I look like a raccoon. Not pretty.

So lipstick it is. 

ModelCo Kitty on one account (I *wanted* it so bad when they were sampling it last year, but could never get it!), and will go for a complete surprise on my main account.  I got a pretty terrible box with my Shiseido choice this past month, so I'll let them have a chance at making me a box without being hampered by sample selection.

I'm going with Model Co Party Proof. I actually had an eye on it. I would like to try Mally Lip Gloss as well, but Model Co shade would work better for me then either of Mally Glosses.

Lord and Berry pencil looks kine of sad comparing to other options. 

Wow the Harvey Prince liquid loofah was such a disappointing sample.  It smelled great but had barely an exfoliation (particles, grit whatever you want to call it) and there was enough in there for about one use!  Last month I got the lotion and got a few days out of it using it on my arms and legs.

I guess I could use a break from HP!

Doesn't look like this has been posted yet. Also I don't see an October thread yet and I don't have time to start one right now soooorrry!

Another PYS next month! October Sneak Peak: 

omg why do they have the lord and berry eyeliner?? it was already in ipsy bags...and it didn't seem to have good reviews  <_<

I have one of the little Lord and Berry liners from Ipsy, but mine is plain black and not glittery. That said, it is super tiny...but not a bad liner. But, definitely nothing to write home about, you can get a shimmery liner at the drugstore for a few bucks that is just as good.

Quick question for you ladies that have gotten Harvey Prince Hello in your boxes. I've received it before many times and he color is always a yellow tinted clear color. The one I received this month is bright orange, like nuclear orange. Anyone got one like this?

I just watched the latest video. It looks like your suppose to get 10 points for BB plus items ordered and double points for Oct. I have never gotten points for the BB plus items I have ordered. I emailed a customer service rep and the reply was that you don't get points for the boxes (which I know ) or the BB plus items. Am I understanding what they say on the video incorrectly. Thanks  :blink:

I just watched the latest video. It looks like your suppose to get 10 points for BB plus items ordered and double points for Oct. I have never gotten points for the BB plus items I have ordered. I emailed a customer service rep and the reply was that you don't get points for the boxes (which I know ) or the BB plus items. Am I understanding what they say on the video incorrectly. Thanks  :blink:
In the past, they did not give points for BB Plus items. That's something new this month, and I think you only get points for them (double points) if you order more than 1.

In the past, they did not give points for BB Plus items. That's something new this month, and I think you only get points for them (double points) if you order more than 1.
Thanks. The part that got me thinking is when she said as you already know (about the points). I think you get double points on each one for Oct.. I would like to order the candle.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You guys are never going to believe what just happened. I am so shocked! A BB fairy just knocked on my door and gave me swag! And took my picture! I am wearing no makeup, but who cares! I got some cool stuff. If you will recall, this is the second time I have won something from Birchbox. A few months ago I won the Sneak Peek prize! Pictures coming soon.
Congrats!

I can't believe they even found my apartment. It's in such a weird spot, that the mailman can only find it 60% of the time. Also, I'm on the West Coast and they did not call me on the phone at all. I'm sure my mouth dropped open when I saw her Birchbox t-shirt. I didn't even manage to get friendly until she was about to leave. I was too shocked. My dog totally barked at her. I was going to hold the dog for the picture, but she wouldn't stop barking, and anyway there was too much swag to hold.

When the picture of me gets posted, be gentle. I am suffering a hive outbreak and am on some steroids, so I wasn't even dressed, yet. My hair might be crazy. You guys will love me anyway, right?

Here is what they gave me:

A Birchbox tote bag - might be my favorite part, I am a dork

pink balloons

bouquet of roses - I would have been happy with just that much, you guys.

LE Mermaid box - I already bought this. It is awesome. I told my mom I would share with her if I won, and she loves mermaids

Jouer It bag kit - I already bought this too. It is also awesome.

CW box - I didn't have this yet, and I love the pink nail polish I will totally wear it today

Smashbox Full Exposure eye shadow palette with mascara - I haven't even opened this yet, too busy giving you guys the scoop. It looks really pretty.

That is so awesome, enjoy your goodies!

Back