Birchbox September 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are never going to believe what just happened. I am so shocked! A BB fairy just knocked on my door and gave me swag! And took my picture! I am wearing no makeup, but who cares! I got some cool stuff. If you will recall, this is the second time I have won something from Birchbox. A few months ago I won the Sneak Peek prize! Pictures coming soon.

I'm not sure.. but I went ahead and did it anyways with the link above.. ummm... This one!: https://www.birchbox.com/promotions/giveaways

I'd love to get surprised!
I signed up! I know I won't get a visit, as I live in the middle of nowhere, Wisconsin, but fingers crossed that I get a phone call!

You guys are never going to believe what just happened. I am so shocked! A BB fairy just knocked on my door and gave me swag! And took my picture! I am wearing no makeup, but who cares! I got some cool stuff. If you will recall, this is the second time I have won something from Birchbox. A few months ago I won the Sneak Peek prize! Pictures coming soon.
Congrats! I can't wait to see what you got.

I can't believe they even found my apartment. It's in such a weird spot, that the mailman can only find it 60% of the time. Also, I'm on the West Coast and they did not call me on the phone at all. I'm sure my mouth dropped open when I saw her Birchbox t-shirt. I didn't even manage to get friendly until she was about to leave. I was too shocked. My dog totally barked at her. I was going to hold the dog for the picture, but she wouldn't stop barking, and anyway there was too much swag to hold.

When the picture of me gets posted, be gentle. I am suffering a hive outbreak and am on some steroids, so I wasn't even dressed, yet. My hair might be crazy. You guys will love me anyway, right?

Here is what they gave me:

A Birchbox tote bag - might be my favorite part, I am a dork

pink balloons

bouquet of roses - I would have been happy with just that much, you guys.

LE Mermaid box - I already bought this. It is awesome. I told my mom I would share with her if I won, and she loves mermaids

Jouer It bag kit - I already bought this too. It is also awesome.

CW box - I didn't have this yet, and I love the pink nail polish I will totally wear it today

Smashbox Full Exposure eye shadow palette with mascara - I haven't even opened this yet, too busy giving you guys the scoop. It looks really pretty.

I can't believe they even found my apartment. It's in such a weird spot, that the mailman can only find it 60% of the time. Also, I'm on the West Coast and they did not call me on the phone at all. I'm sure my mouth dropped open when I saw her Birchbox t-shirt. I didn't even manage to get friendly until she was about to leave. I was too shocked. My dog totally barked at her. I was going to hold the dog for the picture, but she wouldn't stop barking, and anyway there was too much swag to hold.

When the picture of me gets posted, be gentle. I am suffering a hive outbreak and am on some steroids, so I wasn't even dressed, yet. My hair might be crazy. You guys will love me anyway, right?

pink balloons

LE Mermaid box - I already bought this. It is awesome. I told my mom I would share with her if I won, and she loves mermaids

CW box - I didn't have this yet, and I love the pink nail polish I will totally wear it today

Smashbox Full Exposure eye shadow palette with mascara - I haven't even opened this yet, too busy giving you guys the scoop. It looks really pretty.

So excited for you and so jealous! I have very little hope that they would pick me for any of this. Can't believe a MUT'er got in on the goods! Woot woot!

Congrats @@Moonittude !  That's so amazing!

(also, no one else in the box 58 snafu kill me but... I just heard back from BB Ops and they gave me 100 points for the plain box!  I didn't ask for anything, just let them know I was disappointed and had been looking forward to a pretty box!)

Congrats @@Moonittude ! That's so amazing!

(also, no one else in the box 58 snafu kill me but... I just heard back from BB Ops and they gave me 100 points for the plain box! I didn't ask for anything, just let them know I was disappointed and had been looking forward to a pretty box!)
Ha! I Would never begrudge someone else's good customer service

What a cool idea for customer appreciation!  I wish I lived near the BB store.  I would use the free shipping but my only account with points is already an ACEs account.  I just made an order on the other account and paid shipping two days ago.  Murphys Law, always gets me.  

Wow, BB is doing some exciting giveaways lately! I hope some more people on here get picked for a delivery. I won a Beauty Bash so I won't be too bummed if I don't.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been watching #birchboxlovesme all day on Instagram! I SO want them to call! I wish they'd show up too, but doubtful considering I don't live near a big city. That's amazing that you got visited, Moonitude!

I seriously want one of those totes. They're so cute! Also, that Smashbox palette. What an awesome thing to do. They look like they're having so much fun!

Congrats moonitude! You totally deserve it! I signed up too and I'm in Miami so I was hoping this would be the city in Florida.... So lol, I straightened up just a bit in case. Silly, but I'm going to think positively. I've been on bed rest for six months with vasculitis that suddenly came on. Anyway, totally loving BB and taking care of myself - skin and hair - even if I rarely need makeup. This board makes it even more fun! Thanks ladies!

Last edited by a moderator:

pink balloons

Congratulations @[SIZE=11.8181819915771px]Moonittude! [/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px]ng Your dog looks like "wow! all that for me?", lol[/SIZE]

Wow I really think this Customer Appreciation Day is really cool! I don't expect them to ring my doorbell, but I don't think I've ever seen a company do something so awesome for their subscribers before!!

Also, I FINALLY heard back about my lack of keepsake box and poorly packages samples. They apologized and awarded me 100 points, which was nice of them. I'm pleased, even if I didn't get a bunch of flowers and goodies! LOL ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Doesn't look like this has been posted yet. Also I don't see an October thread yet and I don't have time to start one right now soooorrry!

Another PYS next month! October Sneak Peak: 

I really want to use their codes for a free book every time they offer them, but I've already got two bookshelves full. :/

FYI, I used the BONUSBOX code for a free 4-piece sample anniversary box on my last order and I got:

Davines Love smoothing shampoo (in the 2.5 fl oz bottle)

Sumita Beauty eye pencil in Jamun (purple)

Balance Me Wonder eye cream

Coastal Scents Revealed Palette Sampler in Ballerina (kind of disappointed, I got this in the pick two with the same order)

Congratulations @[SIZE=11.8181819915771px]Moonittude! [/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px]ng Your dog looks like "wow! all that for me?", lol[/SIZE]
She loves when we get packages, but she was slightly concerned about the balloons.

The bonus bracelet is really pretty. But I think I am more tempted by the candle. I have an anniversary code, so I think I am going to use that and get the Snow candle, instead of the bonus berry. The possibility of diamonds is too hard to resist. Also, I seem to be on a streak and I would hate to not take full advantage. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am not tempted by the samples on selection, for October, and that makes me excited for a random box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Have we always gotten points for getting a birchbox plus item?  For some reason I thought we didn't and that's part of why I didn't get the Ruffian option last month.  I've only gotten a birchbox plus item once and it was that disastrous Kate Spade necklace they never sent.

Also I'm not feeling the PYS options this month.  Curious to see if they have another curated box.

Another PYS next month! October Sneak Peak: 

That Lord and Berry eyeliner stub of a pencil looked awfully sad next to the Mally lipglosses and ModelCo lipstick. Very disproportionate!!!!

Latest posts

Back