Birchbox September 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box currently includes:

Pure organic eye cream (sounds interesting)

ModelCo lipstick (YAY)

Dr. Brandt cleanser (my pys)

Harvey Prince Eau so Divine ( :angry: )

Amika Bombshell blow out spray

I am happy that my box is well rounded but I really don't want another Harvey Prince sample to add to my unused Harvey Prince perfume collection (hello x2, ageless, sincerely x2)

Whish Three Whishes Body Butter - no complaint I'd like to try it.

Davines LOVE Smoothing Conditioner - my pys

By Rosie Jane James Roll-On Perfume - not ever glad to get fragrance

Mally Beauty High-Shine Liquid Lipstick Pens - glad to try

100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream - very curious about this

I spoke too soon. My main account box loaded with POP and a perfume. NOOOOOOOOO. ;)

It's a 7 item box, though, so that's nice. 

POP Shadow (swap, ew)

English Laundry perfume (swap, EW)

Malin + Goetz cleanser (ok, but got in Birchbox Man, nothing amazing)

Malin + Goetz lotion (meh, also got in Birchbox Man, below average)

Davines shampoo (PYS)

Davines conditioner (PYS, assuming foil)

Juice Beauty peel (interesting, but other Juice Beauty products broke me out, so I will likely swap)

Other than my PYS, this box is a total wash to me. To me, these are just meh brand quality and very average "Birchbox" in content. 

BB 1.jpg

I spoke too soon. My main account box loaded with POP and a perfume. NOOOOOOOOO. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

POP Shadow (swap, ew)

Davines shampoo (PYS)

Juice Beauty peel (interesting, but other Juice Beauty products broke me out, so I will likely swap)

Other than my PYS, this box is a total wash to me. To me, these are just meh brand quality and very average "Birchbox" in content.
How are the sizes of the malin and goetz duo? Are they foils?

I spoke too soon. My main account box loaded with POP and a perfume. NOOOOOOOOO. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

POP Shadow (swap, ew)

Davines shampoo (PYS)

I can't wait to see your updated swap list when you receive your boxes. I'm interested in 3 out of 4 items ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hope my list will have some interesting stuff for you, too.

I wish I worked in your office. There is only one subscriber where I work. She always forgets to pick a sample, never remembers what came in her box and doesn't review anything for points. She never wants to talk about it either.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:

POP Shadow (swap, ew)

Davines shampoo (PYS)

Got the same one! I am happy with it.

What I am getting:

Rene Furterer ABSOLUE KERATINE Sublime Renewal Leave-in Cream (never heard of this before, excited!)

Helmut Lang Cuiron Perfume (both a man and woman fragrance, based on description I don't think I will like it)

Model Co Ultra Long-Lasting Lipstick Trio (hoping to get the lightest one!)

bbrowbar Highlighter (eh)

Club Clio Waterproof Pen Liner Kill Black (I don't wear liquid liner, but the two reviews say that it is really good!)

dr. brandt pores no more cleanser (this was my PYS I got because of oily skin at the time, but now that is gone)

TOCCA Esfoliante da Corpo - Nourishing Body Scrub (I have not had a body scrub in ages, excited!)

My account is the beta so two of these are full size unless they have not updated things yet. It will probably be the liquid liner and the brow highlighter though judging by how the perfume is $150, the lipsticks are in a trio, the hair product is $40, and the cleanser was my PYS. I would love to get the body scrub though as a full size, but probably not sadly.

I wish I worked in your office. There is only one subscriber where I work. She always forgets to pick a sample, never remembers what came in her box and doesn't review anything for points. She never wants to talk about it either.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That is how my friends are.  They don't remember what they got.  They don't do reviews or even find out what they are getting ahead of time.  They like it but don't seem that jazzed about it.  That's what I like about you guys, you are like me, you like to talk about it and speculate and even sometimes complain.  But that's okay, we are all in this together.

My main account is updated but not showing my PYS (the brow pencil) so I think one of these items is a place holder.

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 4.51.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 4.51.38 PM.png

Also, please let this eye cream not be the ketchup packets of the past. I dunno of any of you were around during that fiasco but many a birchbox subscribers were not happy with the packaging of this item.
I remember the ketchup packets of this eye cream ( I liked the eye cream too! ) this is listed as my sample so I hope they changed the packaging !

Didn't pys for either-

Box 1:

Pop eye shadow

Ritual foaming shower gel

Ner:d face mask

Davines love shampoo

Davines love conditioner

Malin+ goetz face cleanser

Malin + goetz moisturizer

Box 2:

100% pure coffee eye cream

Mally lipstick pen

Rusk hair mist

Dr brant pores no more cleanser(this can't be right... I already got this in both boxes last month)

Malin+ goetz moisturizer

Malin+ goetz face cleanser

Let's see for me it's showing-

-100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream (I don't generally use eye cream but this intrigues me)

-Pop Eyeshadow Trio (My sample choice, I didn't like any of the choices so I just ended up going with this)

-amika Bombshell Blowout Spray (I love hair stuff as long is it doesn't smell overly strong like perfume)

-Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel (Even though I do my brows everyday this is probably the wrong color, my hair is naturally bright copper, this is the whole reason I didn't pick the Anastasia as my sample choice)

- Harvey Prince Hello (I literally just got this last box! I hate this stuff! Maybe my box will change or something?)

I was really hoping for some of the stuff from the Get Ready with Me video.

Omgosh. I was just using the Dr. Jart Dermclear micro water from a previous birchbox. I was so frustrated at how slowly it was coming out. Seriously, Tabasco sauce slow. That I guess I squeezed too hard with 3 of my small fingers and it exploded. Still can't find the bottom. On another note my mirror is super clean and streak free from it. So at least I know it's better than windex.

image.jpg

That is how my friends are.  They don't remember what they got.  They don't do reviews or even find out what they are getting ahead of time.  They like it but don't seem that jazzed about it.  That's what I like about you guys, you are like me, you like to talk about it and speculate and even sometimes complain.  But that's okay, we are all in this together.
I don't get the not doing reviews part. I can understand not really getting all into the reviews, like making them accurate and helpful and shit, but it takes maybe 5 minutes tops (more for slow browsers, but precious seconds can be saved by ignoring punctuation) a month to write some generic half-assed 50 character review and get the points. That's what more than half of the reviews are anyway. We're not getting graded on them. There's a question in the review process that even asks if you've tried the sample or not, and you still get the points either way. 

For me, the points return on reviews is what edges Birchbox beyond the other subscription boxes. It's a minimum of $5 back! So, 50 points a month...after 12 months you'd have 600 points, or $60. More for the occasional 6 or 7 item box. Which essentially makes the subscription cost $60 a year. And that's JUST for review points, not for social media sharing or referrals or promotions or anything else. 

Not doing reviews is some plain damn foolywang.  :blink:

My one box shows up as:

100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream
POP Beauty POP Portfolio Eyeshadow Palette
trèStiQue Correct & Cover Concealer Crayon
Davines OI / All in One Milk
Davines OI / Conditioner
Davines OI / Shampoo
Harvey Prince Sincerely

I really wish I am not actually receiving these...only 2 out of all these are fine to me...eye cream and concealer

I wish I worked in your office. There is only one subscriber where I work. She always forgets to pick a sample, never remembers what came in her box and doesn't review anything for points. She never wants to talk about it either. 
Unless your favorite thing is soul-crushing monotony, you don't want to work here, trust me. Aside from me and maybe 1 other person (and the 2 of us are part time), it's a squawking collective of gigantic dickbags whose self-importance, pettiness, and misery grows more impressive each day.   :wacko2:

All the Birchboxes in the world couldn't save them! 

Haven't seen my exact box yet, but there's a lot of the Malin + Goetz combo!

POP shadow - PYS

Malin + Goetz Wash and Moisturizer

Tocco Scrub - First sneak peak they posted besides PYS video

Parlor Moisturizing and Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner

Rusk Hair CareElixer Mist

I can't complain about the hair care as I'm bleaching part of my hair as my work place just changed the hair color policies! I'm very picky about face washes/moisturizers though. 

I just got a look at my primary account's box: 

100% Pure Eye Cream

Raw Spirit Fragrances Wild Fire Perfume (hate perfume samples, but it sounds interesting)

Anastasia brow pencil (pys) 

Trestique correct and cover crayon

Salon Gioje Keratin mask

Apparently the sub box gods will never allow me to get a lipgloss or lipstick; I would kill for some in my BB or Ipsy and never get them or get a color I hate. I get lip liner, which I don't use. I remember the golden days of BB and I got a full size Model Co lipgloss, gorgeous color, in my box. I haven't had an awesome lip product since the beginning of last year when I got the Besame lipstick sampler, beautiful reds. This month I'm most interested in the perfume sample, it sounds very interesting. 

Latest posts

Back