Birchbox September 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just shared my September box on Twitter and it gave me 10 points, review points are active earlier this month  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, my August tracking number turned into a non-clicky truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pop eyeshadow

English Laundry Eau de Parfum Signature for Her (I'm so sick of perfumes)

(Malin+Goetz) grapefruit face cleanser
(Malin+Goetz) vitamin e face moisturizer
Davines love conditioner
Davines love shampoo 
Juice Beauty Green apple peel (I've wanted to try this for awhile)
I'll try pretty much everything except for the perfume. I don't think birchbox cares that I have in my survey I don't want perfume I get one every month. But 7 items is awesome if it sticks.

Box Twins!!  I can't use the perfume (allergic to rose) and I will swap away the POP trio for something else..

I just shared my September box on Twitter and it gave me 10 points, review points are active earlier this month  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, my August tracking number turned into a non-clicky truck.
thanks for the info that the shared links are live!

My clicky truck now states that 

September Box Shipping Information

Box tracking information currently unavailable.

yeah!  this is the earliest that I have seen this message and that I can see my box too....  

I'm showing hte same items -- anyone know what size the perfume is? Is it just a little tiny sample?
I don't know what size the sample will be... usually they are the small standard sample sizes

Unless your favorite thing is soul-crushing monotony, you don't want to work here, trust me. Aside from me and maybe 1 other person (and the 2 of us are part time), it's a squawking collective of gigantic dickbags whose self-importance, pettiness, and misery grows more impressive each day.   :wacko2:

All the Birchboxes in the world couldn't save them! 
Here it's a bunch of passive aggressive chickens who cluck on and on about fad diets and celebrity gossip. I am expected to listen each day to twenty minute updates on their kids, their pets and their vacations. Then  it's time to get to work. I am not even allowed one sentence to say I did laundry or watched TV. Nope. Heaven help me if I didn't waste my weekend either- if I mention that I finished weaving a rug for my bathroom then I am a freaky over-achiever. Maybe we could get jobs working at Birchbox. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't get the not doing reviews part. I can understand not really getting all into the reviews, like making them accurate and helpful and shit, but it takes maybe 5 minutes tops (more for slow browsers, but precious seconds can be saved by ignoring punctuation) a month to write some generic half-assed 50 character review and get the points. That's what more than half of the reviews are anyway. We're not getting graded on them. There's a question in the review process that even asks if you've tried the sample or not, and you still get the points either way. 

For me, the points return on reviews is what edges Birchbox beyond the other subscription boxes. It's a minimum of $5 back! So, 50 points a month...after 12 months you'd have 600 points, or $60. More for the occasional 6 or 7 item box. Which essentially makes the subscription cost $60 a year. And that's JUST for review points, not for social media sharing or referrals or promotions or anything else. 

Not doing reviews is some plain damn foolywang.  :blink:
When I first signed up for Bichbox I didn't do reviews for points. I was plain ignorant on how the point system worked. I was on Makeuptalk TOO, but still I was sitting there like..."derrrrrr what point system? What reviews....what, what what.....???"

I weep everyday for the months (YASSS MONTHS) of lost points due to my ignorance.  

Unless your favorite thing is soul-crushing monotony, you don't want to work here, trust me. Aside from me and maybe 1 other person (and the 2 of us are part time), it's a squawking collective of gigantic dickbags whose self-importance, pettiness, and misery grows more impressive each day.   :wacko2:

All the Birchboxes in the world couldn't save them! 
Unfortunately I think every office has folks like this, meh.

Mine is showing:

Whish body butter

100% Pure eye cream

Mally high shine liquid liipstick pen

By Rosie perfume

Davines love conditioner (my PYS)

Davines love shampoo
I have the same box showing. I'm super bummed to get perfume again. This is my 5th sample this year, but I guess that means there's only one more they can send me (theoretically). Excited for the Davines, hoping the lipstick isn't too sheer, and anticipating a super tiny eye cream but I've been wanting to try a caffeinated one! 

I don't get the not doing reviews part. I can understand not really getting all into the reviews, like making them accurate and helpful and shit, but it takes maybe 5 minutes tops (more for slow browsers, but precious seconds can be saved by ignoring punctuation) a month to write some generic half-assed 50 character review and get the points. That's what more than half of the reviews are anyway. We're not getting graded on them. There's a question in the review process that even asks if you've tried the sample or not, and you still get the points either way. 

For me, the points return on reviews is what edges Birchbox beyond the other subscription boxes. It's a minimum of $5 back! So, 50 points a month...after 12 months you'd have 600 points, or $60. More for the occasional 6 or 7 item box. Which essentially makes the subscription cost $60 a year. And that's JUST for review points, not for social media sharing or referrals or promotions or anything else. 

Not doing reviews is some plain damn foolywang.  :blink:
I don't usually even write anything! I just respond (check) to the questions and usually keep it all neutral if I haven't tried it yet (unless I am already familiar with it) :blush:

Here it's a bunch of passive aggressive chickens who cluck on and on about fad diets and celebrity gossip. I am expected to listen each day to twenty minute updates on their kids, their pets and their vacations. Then  it's time to get to work. I am not even allowed one sentence to say I did laundry or watched TV. Nope. Heaven help me if I didn't waste my weekend either- if I mention that I finished weaving a rug for my bathroom then I am a freaky over-achiever. Maybe we could get jobs working at Birchbox. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Did you see the amazing stash Birchbox intern made over the summer? Even an internship over there would be fine :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Birchbox shouldn't send us the same product a second time right? If it's showing in my box now is it possible for it to change? I just joined Birchbox so I'm not sure. 

Birchbox shouldn't send us the same product a second time right? If it's showing in my box now is it possible for it to change? I just joined Birchbox so I'm not sure. 
Chiyo-chan- if it is something like Whish shave cream they can send you different scents i.e. one month blueberry, one month grapefruit. If it is the exact same product with no type of variation, i.e. Real Chemistry 3 minute peel, you shouldn't get it twice. More than likely the dupe is a placeholder and your box will change. If you do get the exact same item twice you can write to them and they will probably give you extra points. The cheat isn't always accurate. 

Alrighty I'll wait and see if it changes. It's the same Harvey Prince Hello Perfume I got last month. I reviewed it and said I hated it with a passion! So when I saw it again I had a severe case of frowny face. From what I've seen it seems like Birchbox is determined to push this brand on us. 

Did you see the amazing stash Birchbox intern made over the summer? Even an internship over there would be fine
YES. I will be an over 30 intern for Birchbox. For the sample stash alone, I will gladly do the bottom rung tasks, such as 

• get coffee
  • drop off/pick up drycleaning
  • make clip art-heavy signs in comic sans reminding people not to microwave fish in the breakroom
  • ready the nitrous oxide inhalers that Lorelei or Rachael or whoever is doing the sample choice videos presumably must use in order to muster such a disproportionate level of enthusiasm for tiny Lord and Berry eyeliners and other dubious sample items
Time to get started on my cover letter...

This was what my account shows. Pretty happy with 7 samples!

i dont know if im happy or not! glad to see new products ive never tried though! anyone know about any of these? lol

Screenshot (19).png

I used to have an account on here a while ago, but got locked out :( Oh well, I have a new one. Glad to be back :D Here is my box this month, its just alright. Better than last month. I am excited to try the eye pads. 

Capture.JPG

Anyone have a live.com email and having a hard time logging in?  I can log in with my comcast and gmail addresses but the live one just makes the BB website go bonkers.

Anyone have a live.com email and having a hard time logging in?  I can log in with my comcast and gmail addresses but the live one just makes the BB website go bonkers.
My two accounts have both gmail addresses. A few weeks ago I was having difficulty with one (going bonkers) but the other worked just fine. So, I contacted the CS via chat and she changed my password so I was able to log in again. My password was correct, there was no incorrect error given. The page was trying to log in for a long while then timing out.

I think you may have a similar problem and it is not domain related.

Box Twins!!  I can't use the perfume (allergic to rose) and I will swap away the POP trio for something else..
Me too!  Same box!  But let me ask all of you this- I received the Malin and Goetz moisturizer in 2013 (yes, I checked) and I already reviewed that product.  Any thoughts here?  If I email them (you know, when I get the box) will they give me points?  Not sure how this woud work.

Latest posts

Back