Birchbox: The December boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by eliza7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you gotten any repeats of different products from the same brand? 
Getting different products from a single brand is possible, because not liking one item they make doesn't necessarily mean you'd hate everything they offer. (as is liking one item won't guarantee that you'll like everything they make either)

However, they try to not give you a repeat of the exact same item.  If you get a repeat product, you can contact their customer service, and they'll take care of you.  Their customer service has been pretty good from what we've seen on the forums.

Hi!

We're so happy that you're excited about your December Birchboxes! They'll start shipping soon. We've given our usual box a holiday makeover so expect something extra festive in your mailbox. There's also something very special inside: a custom lip gloss that you won't find anywhere else. We worked with Jouer to create Birchbox Pink, a gorgeous semi-sheer shade that looks great on everyone. We love it and we think you will too. 

Can't wait to hear what you guys think of your December samples!

xoxo

Mollie (Birchbox Director of Content and resident Cookie Monster)

Oh, a festive box is pretty exciting! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For anyone who has been around since last December, does Birchbox go a little "all out" for their December boxes? I'm hoping maybe since they are the holiday boxes, they will be generous with some of the brands, products and sample sizes that they include in their boxes as a nice little holiday treat!

Originally Posted by molliechen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"We've given our usual box a holiday makeover so expect something extra festive in your mailbox."

Before I signed up for BB I scoured YouTube to find videos on the company and their boxes. Last year there was nothing 'extra' special about the boxes except there was some snowlfake confetti in them. Regardless, their box presentations are always nice. BTW, pretty cool that we have someone from BB actually posting in the forums! Maybe they can tell us a little about it... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by heyitsrilee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, a festive box is pretty exciting! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For anyone who has been around since last December, does Birchbox go a little "all out" for their December boxes? I'm hoping maybe since they are the holiday boxes, they will be generous with some of the brands, products and sample sizes that they include in their boxes as a nice little holiday treat!

Did you place this order in July? They were running a special promo then — 3-4 sample packets with full-sized orders.

Originally Posted by thetalambda2002 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a question, has anyone else gotten samples with full-size orders. I got like 4 with my first purchase and then haven't gotten anymore. Was this a fluke? It was the only timely order from them that was full-size.

I probably did, because it was sometime this summer. I didn't realize it was a promo and was disappointed I haven't gotten any since :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They were great samples though, I ended up buying 2 of them.

I did the same thing! I've never, ever been disappointed in any of my boxes — I only wish I could try MORE things! If I get duplicates, oh well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by ciaobella9821 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im excited for Decembers box.  Hopefully its good because I ordered a second subscription just for December, lol.  I never hate my boxes so even if its not as great as I am hoping, I'll still be happy with my two boxes.  I filled out completely different profiles for both of them so we shall see!

Originally Posted by molliechen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi!

We're so happy that you're excited about your December Birchboxes! They'll start shipping soon. We've given our usual box a holiday makeover so expect something extra festive in your mailbox. There's also something very special inside: a custom lip gloss that you won't find anywhere else. We worked with Jouer to create Birchbox Pink, a gorgeous semi-sheer shade that looks great on everyone. We love it and we think you will too. 

Can't wait to hear what you guys think of your December samples!

xoxo

Mollie (Birchbox Director of Content and resident Cookie Monster)

Thanks Mollie for the update! Paulina back from vacation yet?

i got charged today (still pending!) hope i get my BB just as quick as last month!!

god, these next 2 weeks will seem like christmas already! i'm expecting so many packages!!!

Last month it took forever to get my box, hoping the shipping will be a little faster, although it makes the time inbetween boxes seem shorter lol.

Cant wait to see whats in store for this month.

I got charged today too! My BB arrived on the 9th last month so I hope it's the same pattern this month because I'm going out of town for Christmas and won't be back for a month. So if I don't get my BB, GGG, and MyGlam bag before the 16th then I'll have to wait til January, but hey I'll have double boxes of everything. Actually I've got a question for anyone that lives in apartments with the small metal mail boxes. What will happen when they can't fit in my box? Will they put a slip for my to pick up the packages at the post office? I've only lived in these apts a few month and have never lived in them before.

BB fits in the mailbox. GGG didn't and they put it on my front door step. Usually packages are left at my door or taken to the apartment office just depends on the mailman. I have only gotten a card when my box was full.

Originally Posted by SmokeyEye22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got charged today too! My BB arrived on the 9th last month so I hope it's the same pattern this month because I'm going out of town for Christmas and won't be back for a month. So if I don't get my BB, GGG, and MyGlam bag before the 16th then I'll have to wait til January, but hey I'll have double boxes of everything. Actually I've got a question for anyone that lives in apartments with the small metal mail boxes. What will happen when they can't fit in my box? Will they put a slip for my to pick up the packages at the post office? I've only lived in these apts a few month and have never lived in them before.

My suggestion is you're going on vacation for a month then to put a hold on your mail.

USPS Hold Mail Service: Hold Mail Service
Going away for a while? Request Hold Mail for the time you're gone, and we'll keep your mail safely at the local Post Officeâ„¢ until you return. Schedule the service up to 30 days in advance, or by 2AM CST (Mon-Sat) on the start date. Each address can have one Hold Mail scheduled at a time. All mail will be held, rather than an individual's mail.  

We can hold your mail for any timeframe between 3 and 30 consecutive days. On the end date, we'll deliver your held mail.

I got a bunch of nice little samples with my first full size order, but none with my 2nd. So I think it's the norm :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by thetalambda2002 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a question, has anyone else gotten samples with full-size orders. I got like 4 with my first purchase and then haven't gotten anymore. Was this a fluke? It was the only timely order from them that was full-size.

omg mollie I'm so exited to try out the lip gloss! it sounds so pretty
smile.gif
!!!!

hopefully this  box i dont sneak n find wat products are gona be in the boxes like i always do lol i want this one to be a total surprise

This has happened a few times to me with different packages.  If they cant fit it, we have larger mail boxes that they will put it in, and then leave the key for that mail box in your little box.  If all those big ones are full, they leave a pink slip and I have to go to the post office to pick my item up.

wait with ure first full size order u got samples like how they do it in sephora samples?

Back