Birchbox: The June Box discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've placed a few full-sized orders, including one item that specifically stated would come with additional samples.  No additional samples at all, not even with the one that would supposedly ship with them.  There was a sample closet thing earlier this year where you got to pick out samples if you spent a certain amount of money, but that was something that was only sent out and specifically available to certain people (so even if you got your hands on the code, unless your account was flagged as one that they had sent it to, you were out of luck), and I'm not sure we ever determined any details about how they picked out those people.

As for discount codes, I got some of the quarterly discount codes when I was signed up as a monthly subscriber.  My Birchbox anniversary is in May, so I theoretically should have seen a code in April, based on when I received my 6-month and 9-month codes.  But then I changed to annual in February, and I haven't seen an anniversary code since -- not even this month, which would be the third month of my annual subscription.  I've been wondering whether they're even sending them out nowadays.
Yes they are. I received one on my new account - a welcome code for 20% and I received one on my second account for my 3 month anniversary this month. And in June I will get one on my third account, and I already know what I will be purchasing with it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes they are. I received one on my new account - a welcome code for 20% and I received one on my second account for my 3 month anniversary this month. And in June I will get one on my third account, and I already know what I will be purchasing with it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hmmm, I didn't receive a welcome one!  (Last month was my first month.)  I'm going to email them and see if I can get one.  That would be fantastic!

Originally Posted by Alma59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you loose points if you cancel the sub? I want to cancel my 2nd sub this month but dont want to loose the points.
Originally Posted by nikita8501 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately yes....
smile.gif
 it sucks since I opened a second account on the basis that you could transfer points, but apparently they have changed their policy or something this month....

I don't think you lose the points in your account, because I just canceled one sub after making a purchase and still have 21 points left in my bank. As far as I understand you don't have to actually have a BB subscription to be able to buy stuff on their website. Please correct me if I'm wrong :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Originally Posted by Hilde /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think you lose the points in your account, because I just canceled one sub after making a purchase and still have 21 points left in my bank. As far as I understand you don't have to actually have a BB subscription to be able to buy stuff on their website. Please correct me if I'm wrong :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.
You are correct, you don't lose the points in the sense that they disappear, I think by "lose" most people mean they can't combine them with their other accounts to be used, and therefore since 75 points or whatever is useless, they "lose" them.

Originally Posted by Alma59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you loose points if you cancel the sub? I want to cancel my 2nd sub this month but dont want to loose the points.
No, when I cancelled it had a message saying that the points and ability to earn them would remain on the account. I only have 150 points on that one, but they're still usable and there.

So that's nice!

So far I'm getting:

tatcha blotting paper
kiehl's ultra facial cream
naturpathica enzyme peel

...all skin care. meh -___-

look at this link: http://www.birchbox.com/shop/june-box 
some of the items for feedback are up there ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edit: I wonder if this page is from June 2011.  I wasn't a member back then but has anyone on this board been a member since June 2011?

I looked under the "new items" tab on BB and it had these 2 items that I had not noticed before:

Stila Lip Glaze and Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner 
Thoughts?

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So far I'm getting:

tatcha blotting paper

kiehl's ultra facial cream

naturpathica enzyme peel

...all skin care. meh -___-

look at this link: http://www.birchbox.com/shop/june-box 

some of the items for feedback are up there ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Nope, that's not the June box. That is just the shop landing page, you can change the URL to anything and it will show the same, see: http://www.birchbox.com/shop/macaroniandcheese

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks.  I figured.  Darn, lol

LOL at Mac and Cheese.  I put "woof" in there and it works.  You're right, haha
I'm pretty sure we've just thought of a new way for them to hide the box URLs from us lol. They need code names to use as URLS. 

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So far I've discovered that I have the feedback option for:

Benetint

Zoya Gems & Jewels Collection

So Hooked on Carmella

Blow Out Hairspray

BADgal Lash
*edited to add another that I found!*
according to feedback, i am getting the exact same items.. if this is really true, this will be my FAVE box EVER!!!!  i LOVE benefit!  (fingers crossed!!!!)
headphonedance.gif

I'm new to Birchbox... Just got my invite and signed up today.  It says that my box will be shipping soon... will I be getting the May box first or starting with the June box?

So so excited to finally subscribe!

Awe BB's site says page you are looking for cannot be found.. booooooo!n lol

Thanks for always stalking the site for us Zadi!!

Originally Posted by Scawolita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Awe BB's site says page you are looking for cannot be found.. booooooo!n lol

Thanks for always stalking the site for us Zadi!!
Yea it's like that at first.  She always posts the links early for us...we can literally track them daily now!! Woohoo Thanks Zadidoll!

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yea it's like that at first.  She always posts the links early for us...we can literally track them daily now!! Woohoo Thanks Zadidoll!
That's awesome!

Latest posts

Back