Birchbox: The June Box discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a glitch. They're still working on finalizing the items in the June box and the products we're seeing are old. Paulina just called me and said that the tech team is working on the problem now.
Aww, too bad, it was gonna be the most amazing box ever. Seven products in my birchbox, three of which are benefit ... in my dreams. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Base on my feedback, this is what I'm expected to receive in my June Birchbox:

Stila One Step Prime Color in Pop of Pink

Erno Laszlo Blue Firmarine Treatment  Bar Benefit BADgirl Lash Mascara Oribe Beautiful Color Shampoo Benefit So Hooked on Carmella Field Notes Mixed 3 pack
If this turns out accurate, I think I will be pretty content with all the products except for the color shampoo since I haven't dyed my hair in years. I would rather get a sample of Oribe Shampoo for Moisture and Control. 

Originally Posted by Sophielove83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Base on my feedback, this is what I'm expected to receive in my June Birchbox:

Stila One Step Prime Color in Pop of Pink

Erno Laszlo Blue Firmarine Treatment  Bar Benefit BADgirl Lash Mascara Oribe Beautiful Color Shampoo Benefit So Hooked on Carmella Field Notes Mixed 3 pack
If this turns out accurate, I think I will be pretty content with all the products except for the color shampoo since I haven't dyed my hair in years. I would rather get a sample of Oribe Shampoo for Moisture and Control. 
It's not accurate. It's a glitch that Birchbox tech team is working to correct. The new items for June isn't even on the website yet.

Now that they are aware of our feedback cheating........I wonder if they will keep the feedback buttons hidden from us in the future???? 
icon_sad.gif
  I like cheating!  haha!  I feel like I'm getting away with something really bad (but good)!!! 
biggrin.gif

I have a couple of general BB questions as I've only recently become a member.  When you buy a full-priced item, do they send samples of stuff with that order, like a Sephora or someplace would?  And do they have sales often? 

I'm trying to decide where to buy some stuff from.  I know dermstore and places like that offer 20% off pretty often, but they don't sell some of the stuff I'm looking for.  I saw BB is offering 15% off summer essentials now, but of course I don't want any of that. 

Originally Posted by reepy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a couple of general BB questions as I've only recently become a member.  When you buy a full-priced item, do they send samples of stuff with that order, like a Sephora or someplace would?  And do they have sales often? 

I'm trying to decide where to buy some stuff from.  I know dermstore and places like that offer 20% off pretty often, but they don't sell some of the stuff I'm looking for.  I saw BB is offering 15% off summer essentials now, but of course I don't want any of that. 
I've only ordered anything once. No samples received.

BB sends out 20% off codes for your 3-month, 6-month-, 9-month, and 12-month anniversaries, I think.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've only ordered anything once. No samples received.

BB sends out 20% off codes for your 3-month, 6-month-, 9-month, and 12-month anniversaries, I think.
How do you receive the codes? Through email? I got my first box in March and haven't gotten an email with a discount code yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'd looove to buy a benefit benetint if I get my discount!

Originally Posted by reepy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought a full-size item once using my points, and I didn't see any options for samples + nothing else was included. I ordered the Eyeko Fat Eye Pencil + it arrived in a plain padded envelope with literally nothing but the product in it's box.

I've placed a few full-sized orders, including one item that specifically stated would come with additional samples.  No additional samples at all, not even with the one that would supposedly ship with them.  There was a sample closet thing earlier this year where you got to pick out samples if you spent a certain amount of money, but that was something that was only sent out and specifically available to certain people (so even if you got your hands on the code, unless your account was flagged as one that they had sent it to, you were out of luck), and I'm not sure we ever determined any details about how they picked out those people.

As for discount codes, I got some of the quarterly discount codes when I was signed up as a monthly subscriber.  My Birchbox anniversary is in May, so I theoretically should have seen a code in April, based on when I received my 6-month and 9-month codes.  But then I changed to annual in February, and I haven't seen an anniversary code since -- not even this month, which would be the third month of my annual subscription.  I've been wondering whether they're even sending them out nowadays.

Originally Posted by dryadsbubble /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The May birchbox was my first box, so I was hoping that since I haven't received any of the items previously, the Give Feedback option would be a legitimate spoiler. But after reading this thread about the many items for feedback AND last month's thread when ladies figured out the Give Feedback spoiler... I wouldn't be surprised if they're teasing us. I'm sure they're aware of and check this thread! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm so sure Birchbox has nothing better to do than to purposely mess with feedback buttons just to screw with people,lol, and they wouldn't put eight samples in one box I'm quite sure.

I cancelled my second sub box. *sadface*

But i really really really need to cut back on frivolous stuff, as hard as it is, and I still have my main sub, so I really should not be complaining! It just is so fun to get two different boxes in the mail!

I am super excited to see this months boxes though. This sub is my favorite one so far besides Julep.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I cancelled my second sub box. *sadface*

But i really really really need to cut back on frivolous stuff, as hard as it is, and I still have my main sub, so I really should not be complaining! It just is so fun to get two different boxes in the mail!

I am super excited to see this months boxes though. This sub is my favorite one so far besides Julep.
Do you loose points if you cancel the sub? I want to cancel my 2nd sub this month but dont want to loose the points.

Originally Posted by Alma59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you loose points if you cancel the sub? I want to cancel my 2nd sub this month but dont want to loose the points.
Unfortunately yes....
smile.gif
 it sucks since I opened a second account on the basis that you could transfer points, but apparently they have changed their policy or something this month....

Originally Posted by Kittygirl4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now that they are aware of our feedback cheating........I wonder if they will keep the feedback buttons hidden from us in the future???? 
icon_sad.gif
  I like cheating!  haha!  I feel like I'm getting away with something really bad (but good)!!! 
biggrin.gif
I know, right?? That's the first thing I thought of! I really hope they keep the feedback buttons un-hidden!

Latest posts

Back