• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Friday 2012!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have the Bite mini lippie set for $25 and I think you get 4-5 small tubes? I saw the brush set earlier this week.. anyways, got my Buxom, Tarte, and Tokyo Milk order the other day. Ughh.. I'm wondering if I should gift one of the mascara sets to a friend or keep them and find something else?! Lol, but I want them...ALL! Lol, definitely keeping my Tokyo Milk! Typically don't like balms in tins, but has anyone tried their balms? I considered getting several, but wondered..

I have my BI $15 off .. but honestly I dont know what to buy. There isn't much I actually need but i dont want to waste my coupon... what to do.. what to do..

Get a gift! I'm going to use my coupon to get my papa something and a new found fave of mine, the Clarins balm from ItKit#3. That stuff is amazing!

I may try too faced chocolate soliel bronzer.. everyone needs a matte bronzer! does anyone have it?

I have the Tarte Matte Waterproof Bronzer and I love love love it!!.. I have used other Too Faced bronzers before and they have been okay.. but I really love my Tarte!

Originally Posted by alpina0560 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the Tarte Matte Waterproof Bronzer and I love love love it!!.. I have used other Too Faced bronzers before and they have been okay.. but I really love my Tarte!
Thanks!

I received my Kiehl's orders today! Except they messed up on one of my orders and sent me the wrong lip balm... They sent me the original lip balm #1 when I ordered the mint lip balm which cost $1.50 more.. I guess I can let that go since I got more samples than I can use. I am very pleased with all my samples :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A couple of the Sephora black friday $10 deals have come back in stock mysteriously (I checked for the others, but these 2 were the only ones I could find in stock):

Bite beauty - Luminous creme lipstick palette - http://www.sephora.com/luminous-creme-lipstick-palette-P376735?skuId=1442060

Sephora collection - Best of Sephora kit: http://www.sephora.com/the-best-of-sephora-skincare-kit-P286027?skuId=1305325

I'm thinking about getting the bite palette because I missed out on it on black friday.
The Bite palette is really cute. The colors are really nice in person and they are blend able...so you can add some of the nude if you want to tone down the darker color...add some of the darker color if you want to intensify the rose color etc. Which makes it more gift-able in my opinion.

Originally Posted by alpina0560 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got it today, but haven't tried it, but I have tried Hoola from Benefit, it's a matte bronzer too and I love it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Great for contouring  

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A couple of the Sephora black friday $10 deals have come back in stock mysteriously (I checked for the others, but these 2 were the only ones I could find in stock):

Bite beauty - Luminous creme lipstick palette - http://www.sephora.com/luminous-creme-lipstick-palette-P376735?skuId=1442060

Sephora collection - Best of Sephora kit: http://www.sephora.com/the-best-of-sephora-skincare-kit-P286027?skuId=1305325

I'm thinking about getting the bite palette because I missed out on it on black friday.
The Bite palette is really cute. The colors are really nice in person and they are blend able...so you can add some of the nude if you want to tone down the darker color...add some of the darker color if you want to intensify the rose color etc. Which makes it more gift-able in my opinion.

Your argument convinced me to buy 2 = 1 for myself and 1 for a friend! I was worried about the darker shade (I prefer the 'natural' look) and didn't realize that the lipsticks were so blendable.  Congratulations...you're an enabler!

I'm ~$20 away from VIB status.  This is remarkable because this year I've purchased items from Sephora only in October and November...

I'm ~$20 away from VIB status.  This is remarkable because this year I've purchased items from Sephora only in October and November...
Same here and got VIB last week...we've been bad!! XD

Your argument convinced me to buy 2 = 1 for myself and 1 for a friend! I was worried about the darker shade (I prefer the 'natural' look) and didn't realize that the lipsticks were so blendable.  Congratulations...you're an enabler!

I am an excellent enabler...it's one of my strongest traits. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> In all seriousness, for 10 dollars its a wonderful palette or stocking stuffer. The dark shade is dark though...its a beautiful rich color but it is not subtle. I think you will like the nude color it comes with and then you can add a touch of the darker one to give it a tint. Or else just use the nude and the rose together (gorgeous) and then the darker one can double as a blush in a pinch.

(see I am also a little bit practical too!)  I hope you are happy with your purchases! 

I am sure you will become a VIB within the next 24 hours at the rate you are going!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got it today, but haven't tried it, but I have tried Hoola from Benefit, it's a matte bronzer too and I love it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Great for contouring  
Love hoola! I really like park ave princess on my cheekbones and a dot of blush on the apples of my cheeks sometimes. Hoola and laguna are great matte bronzers for contouring!

Sephora just added all kinds of stuff to their sale including the Hello Kitty Wild palette (down to $34) and it has free shipping!  There are some Tarte giftsets and other goodies.  I put together my cart and it was $184!  Did not buy just window shopping but I do have a $20 VIB coupon burning a hole in my pocket.....

Originally Posted by productjunkie14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What was the the black Friday Kiehls deal ? Need to remember for next year!!
This year, it was pick 3 deluxe samples (in addition to the normal 3 packet samples) with any order. So I ordered 2 lip balms (2 separate orders) and got like a bajillion samples lol. 

Ricky's NYC (a fantabulous beauty/trendy/drugstore-ish place) is having a HUGE SALE on their Mattese brand of makeup.

Everything is 50% off the already marked down price...

so eyeshadows that were normally $12 are now $2.50

Lipstick $2.00

Lipliners and eyeliners are $1.50...etc.

The site is www.rickysnyc.com

click on sale and then holiday deals. It's not organized very well so you have to scroll through all the sale pages to see the entire range of makeup. 

The sale ends tomorrow Dec 2nd.

There was a free mystery gift but i think it's sold out. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> However they do give free samples with every order.

Anyway, they have some cool hard to find brands of haircare, skincare, bath stuff etc and some interesting beauty tools...so you may want to browse around the site.

Edit : There are a bunch of other sale items under the make up tab (that aren't listed under the Sale tab) So it's a bit like a treasure hunt when you browse around the site. But under "make up" there is a  sale on brushes, jars with sifters, nail polish, lashes, eyelid jewels, lip gels, etc......

HSN had a $10 off coupon (no minimum) for new customers. I got a Carol's Daughter shampoo for just $3 with free shipping! 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by ecru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

HSN had a $10 off coupon (no minimum) for new customers. I got a Carol's Daughter shampoo for just $3 with free shipping! 
biggrin.gif
Is that coupon still available?

Back