• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Subbing to the thread, I'm very excited as this will be my first black friday!! Visiting all the way from Australia!
Make sure you wear good, close toed walking shoes especially if you're going to the doorbuster events! That swarm of people stampeeding through the doors to get to the best deals can get ugly real fast.

Quote: Originally Posted by Xiang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Make sure you wear good, close toed walking shoes especially if you're going to the doorbuster events! That swarm of people stampeeding through the doors to get to the best deals can get ugly real fast.
iagree.gif
 Also, as it is your first time, you may wish to avoid doorbuster events.  They truly can get ugly and that might just not be the black friday you want to remember or experience, especially if there is no one deal in particular that you need or really calls to you.  Generally, with careful searching and meandering you can find what you want for the doorbuster price or close to it, without the doorbuster itself and the ensuing stampede.

Pro-Tip - Always, always, always read all of the fine print in any ad/sale. Some sales are exclusively 1 or 2 very specific models/color/size/etc of a particular item. And don't get angry at the cashier when they point this out.

Speaking as one of those would-be cashiers.

If you can, bring a cart person or someone to hold items. It is much easier to maneuver without a big cart. Unfortunately be prepared for rude people and bring your assertiveness. I'm usually a meek and  polite person and believe me when I say people will cut or reach over you etc. so be prepared to move fast and not be your politest. Lines will be long so I usually choose the one store that has many of my most wanted items for good prices maybe not the best prices (I don't mess with price match though it is available) and get what I can in one stop. It can actually be a lot of fun as long as you don't expect to get everything on your lists. Please be polite to cashiers, they are dealing with awful people all day and usually don't make any of the decisions about what is going on. I've never been to a Sephora Black Friday though, I have no specific insight for that.

Get coffee and something to eat *before* you leave. Every place you think you will stop for food/caffeine is probably going to be closed.

Quote: Originally Posted by STLSportsGirl13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What did Ulta and Sephora offer last year?  I plan to do everything online.
Amen and Amen. It would take a natural disaster to remove from the heated warmth of my house on Black Friday.

..or possibly an electrical shortage.

Quote: Originally Posted by STLSportsGirl13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOVE the electrical shortage comment.  OMG I would be deveasted. 
icon_eek.gif

I totally agree--I was like ha, ha,....wait--that would be truly horrid!  I would be in the car charging my phone and ordering stuff!
drive.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Amen and Amen. It would take a natural disaster to remove from the heated warmth of my house on Black Friday.

..or possibly an electrical shortage.

DON'T TEMPT FATE.  

;-)

Nothing on God's green earth could make me try for a door buster.  I'm a cyber Monday kind of girl.  I hate shopping in big box stores on a good day let alone brave the crazies on BF.  Not gonna happen.

This is the first year since we moved to the US 6 years ago we are not in the States. Clearly I will set my alarm while visiting Germany and do some online shopping. i am sure the husband will just be delighted! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My dad is insane. idk if you have a Fry's electronics near you but we have planned our family vacations during my childhood around the opening of new Fry's locations. He ALWAYS takes us Black Friday shopping. You know what's the worst part about the number of big openings/Black Fridays that I've experienced? More often than not, my dad doesn't buy anything. His favorite thing is to just PEOPLE WATCH. The man also works graveyard he's up anyway at these crazy hours. I think once he was the first person in line for Black Friday at Fry's just simply by happenstance and boredom. My dad is also the guy who preorders his iPhone AND still manages to be the first in line to get it...even though he already preordered it. He makes no sense.

Nothing on God's green earth could make me try for a door buster.  I'm a cyber Monday kind of girl.  I hate shopping in big box stores on a good day let alone brave the crazies on BF.  Not gonna happen.

I'm thinking this year will be an at home/ going out later in the day BF. I've never done it by myself I usually go with my husband.

​Are the Sephora 10 for $ deals also offered online? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> sorry I barely started getting into makeup so I never checked their deals on Black Friday even though I saw too faced had a $20 mystery bag that had a value of $100 last year

Quote: Originally Posted by erikalandaverde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ​Are the Sephora 10 for $ deals also offered online? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Yep, assuming you're referring to the $10 deals! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(edited for clarity)

Back