• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the tips ladies!! WOW I might have under estimated how busy it gets. Maybe I won't go early in the morning. I don't really have anything in mind, it's just more of an experience for me.

Just be careful about the $10.00 deals in the sense that it takes a lot of patience. The sephora black friday sale of 2012 made the servers crash for hours and to get the hot items you would have to keep refreshing it. I got every single thing I wanted because sephora was my main black friday deal I wanted but others complained that they didnt have time to wait for the server to work again and some people missed out because they didnt wait it out. 

Just be careful about the $10.00 deals in the sense that it takes a lot of patience. The sephora black friday sale of 2012 made the servers crash for hours and to get the hot items you would have to keep refreshing it. I got every single thing I wanted because sephora was my main black friday deal I wanted but others complained that they didnt have time to wait for the server to work again and some people missed out because they didnt wait it out. 
I completely forgot that this happened. I refreshed for hours before I got an order to go through.

I'm just curious about some of the big retailers actually being open on Thanksgiving day this year as to how/if that's going to affect their usual Black Friday promotions ?

Updates :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not sure my shopping plan this year. I have a 5 week old so I'm likely only online shopping. I could leave her with daddy for a couple hours to go out but there's no point, if there's no big ticket item I'm dying to get. I can spend a little more and stay at home warm & cozy, cuddling my baby while I online shop & drink decaf coffee :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

its black thursday not friday anymore. im always done black friday shopping by 11am friday. mainly because i start 6 pm thursday.

Quote: Originally Posted by sllarson /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does sigma do black friday/ cyber Monday?
I think last year was only free shipping

Quote: Originally Posted by kerker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Subbing to the thread, I'm very excited as this will be my first black friday!! Visiting all the way from Australia!
Welcome! Hope you find some great goodies.

Quote: Originally Posted by sllarson /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does sigma do black friday/ cyber Monday?

I hope so. I'd love to try their brushes!

To those who are shopping online don't forget to use Ebates.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YES! Don't forget. Ebates is so awesome. I just got a check for $18. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  YES! Don't forget. Ebates is so awesome. I just got a check for $18. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm a bit green...how does ebates work? You buy something and get a gift card back?

Thanks! Unfortunately I signed up before reading your response! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Wish you could have gotten that referral fee...

Quote: Originally Posted by eula /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thanks! Unfortunately I signed up before reading your response! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Wish you could have gotten that referral fee...
LOL.  Was only slightly teasing.  You will love it.  The problem is remember to check to see if the site is offered - before shopping. In the past, I have closed the site and gone back through ebates and that worked.

Quote: Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  LOL.  Was only slightly teasing.  You will love it.  The problem is remember to check to see if the site is offered - before shopping. In the past, I have closed the site and gone back through ebates and that worked.
I still wish I'd known before signing up! Thanks for the tips!

Quote: Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got one for $9, it feels like getting paid to shop. I hate it when I forget to use it.

Back