• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone!  I've been a member since 10/2008 and this is my first post.  
wtf.gif

I'm so excited too!  I love this time of year.  

Quote: Originally Posted by chinableu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wtf.gif

LOL that is pretty funny actually hahaha! Yay for joining in on the posting!

Quote: Originally Posted by chinableu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wtf.gif

Welcome!

Hello everyone!  I've been a member since 10/2008 and this is my first post.  :wtf: I'm so excited too!  I love this time of year.  
This cracked me up! It's totally ok to be a "looker"...and I give you mad props for patience! I lurked threads for about two weeks until I gave in and started posting! Welcome to the funhouse! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Updates :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hoping to find some great deals this year for gifts, so I'm not running around last minute like I usually do!

Quote: Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  YES! Don't forget. Ebates is so awesome. I just got a check for $18. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
In the past year, I've gotten $120 back so far! I use the paypal option 'cause it's faster than waiting for the check! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but dangit, Sephora is at 8%, I want to place another order! lol

Quote: Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  In the past year, I've gotten $120 back so far! I use the paypal option 'cause it's faster than waiting for the check! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but dangit, Sephora is at 8%, I want to place another order! lol
I guess I could do the paypal but I just don't use paypal that much. Plus I find it more exciting to get the big fat check in the mail LOL

Ooh, I cashed in the Sephora change jar (I got an amazon gift card because I am constantly ordering stuff from there -- especially earbuds!  I tend to go through a pair a month or so between my monsters chewing them and me somehow wrecking the wiring -- and it saved me the 10.9% service fee) yesterday, and it was a little over $53!  And then I also have around $20 in paper money in the Sephora can.

(And about the earbuds, which happens to be on-topic:  Two Thanksgivings ago, aka my first year with my monsters, amazon marked a bunch of earbuds *way* down, to under ten bucks a pair -- and they were really *good* earbuds, too.  I didn't realize that it was a really good sale until I went back to reorder them!  I think that companies discontinue them right around this time of year, so amazon just starts blowing them out when everyone is in Serious Shopping mode.  I'm loading up my cart now with my favorite brands that I think will be deeply discounted, and then I can just keep an eye on the prices change over the next couple of weeks!)

Ooh, I cashed in the Sephora change jar (I got an amazon gift card because I am constantly ordering stuff from there -- especially earbuds!  I tend to go through a pair a month or so between my monsters chewing them and me somehow wrecking the wiring -- and it saved me the 10.9% service fee) yesterday, and it was a little over $53!  And then I also have around $20 in paper money in the Sephora can. (And about the earbuds, which happens to be on-topic:  Two Thanksgivings ago, aka my first year with my monsters, amazon marked a bunch of earbuds *way* down, to under ten bucks a pair -- and they were really *good* earbuds, too.  I didn't realize that it was a really good sale until I went back to reorder them!  I think that companies discontinue them right around this time of year, so amazon just starts blowing them out when everyone is in Serious Shopping mode.  I'm loading up my cart now with my favorite brands that I think will be deeply discounted, and then I can just keep an eye on the prices change over the next couple of weeks!)
I am totally doing the Sephora change jar next year..I love that idea!

My last ebates check was for $98.  No wonder my husband is always witching...That's a lot of shopping.

They annoy me though.  Every quarter I look through and find half a dozen or more they didn't credit me.  I have to go back through a million emails to find "proof" that I placed the order.  It's irritating.

Anyone know if LUSH usually does anything? Hopefully online since my closest one is 2 hours away! 

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Anyone know if LUSH usually does anything? Hopefully online since my closest one is 2 hours away! 
I dont know if you read my post earlier in the thread but I did some google searches to get some content for this thread.  And included Lush in my search.>>>>  

Some folks mentioned Lush - read on their blog last year that they don't advertise outside their storefronts, nor participate in retail events like Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I dont know if you read my post earlier in the thread but I did some google searches to get some content for this thread.  And included Lush in my search.>>>>  

Some folks mentioned Lush - read on their blog last year that they don't advertise outside their storefronts, nor participate in retail events like Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

They do have an after Christmas sale though!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeaniney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They do have an after Christmas sale though!
Makes sense.  The blog mentioned something about the safety of their employees.  Less concern post-holidays on that front.

Quote: Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Makes sense.  The blog mentioned something about the safety of their employees.  Less concern post-holidays on that front.
In years past on Dec 26th all Christmas items are buy one get one free, not sure if this will be the case this year because they usually don't announce it. I usually just go to my local shop the day after christmas. I know they also did the buy one get one online last year also.

Subbing for updates, and also now checking out Ebates... yay for there being a Canadian version!

Back