Blissmo Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was supposed to receive my first box in April since they charged my account back in March when I first signed up. I had to contact customer service and email a couple ppl but I did receive my beauty box yesterday. I liked all the products: a sample of olie body oil, neutrogena natural night cream (my fav item from the box) a reusable go! towel, and a sample of lauren brooks lip scrub. I was only interested in their beauty boxes and since I'm on a low carb 'diet' most of their food samples probably won't work for me. It was fun to try, but for over $20/month I'd rather purchase a glossybox.

I got my helloo morning Saturday. I've only tried the somersault snack so far, it was good! I have a pic on my blog if your curious.

Manitoba Hemp Harts
Siggia's Yogurt Coupon & Spoon
Go Raw Energy Bar
Go Raw Flax Bar
Mayesa Cacao Drink
Slice of Life Energy Vitamin Gummies (full size!)
Somersault Snacks Pacific Sea Salt
Upfront Foods Totally Nutty Granola

wow that looks like a pretty good box! not so excited for the hemp hearts...considering I never even opened the one I got in my love with food box haha. i'm sure they're good, I'm just not excited by them

I ordered the dog box!  My tracking indicates it will be here tomorrow so I'll post pics of what my pooch gets.

Hemp food is awesome, especially Hemp Seeds! You won't know what they taste like until you try them out. You can eat them straight from the bag (don't have to grind them like flax seed). I like them sprinkled in my cereal or in my salad. They have a nice nutty taste. And they are FULL of protein and good for you fats. Hemp hearts are a really great addition to your diet. I wouldn't knock them until you try them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I wish I hadn't joined this one. STILL waiting on my first box.. They've charged 2 months of boxes, also.
Lilly

Originally Posted by TallCoolTexan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish I hadn't joined this one. STILL waiting on my first box.. They've charged 2 months of boxes, also.

Lilly
Were you charged the increased subscription rate?  I read that Blissmo was raising prices.

I got the email to pick next month's box today. The choices were:

Pristine and Clean (cleaning products, natch)

Snack Attack

Doggie Delights (same as last month)

I was bummed there were no beauty related choices. Even though I picked Snack Attack, I asked to cancel my subscription when it runs out in July (I'm even more bummed I originally signed up for six months. Won't make that mistake with a subscription service again unless I'm sure I like it.)

Just generally not feeling it.

Originally Posted by samplegal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the email to pick next month's box today. The choices were:

Pristine and Clean (cleaning products, natch)

Snack Attack

Doggie Delights (same as last month)

I was bummed there were no beauty related choices. Even though I picked Snack Attack, I asked to cancel my subscription when it runs out in July (I'm even more bummed I originally signed up for six months. Won't make that mistake with a subscription service again unless I'm sure I like it.)

Just generally not feeling it.
This is actually going to be my first "real" Blissmobox, and I have a feeling it is likely to be my last.  I don't have a dog (I have two kittens), I'm not big on getting food in subscription boxes (I'm picky.  It's actually why I canceled Conscious Box:  Most of the contents of the past two or three boxes have been food-heavy, and that's just not working for me), and, for some bizarre reason, I actually like shopping for cleaning supplies, so getting them in a box like this takes away some of my fun.  I like the concept, but the reality is disappointing for me.

Even though I cancelled Blissmo (last month was supposed to be the final box) I still received an email asking me to chose next month's box.  I deleted the email as I cancelled with Andrew on the phone 6 weeks ago, so I hope I won't get charged.

Originally Posted by StellaSunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Were you charged the increased subscription rate?  I read that Blissmo was raising prices.
I got 2 of them. One was food, the other supposed to be beauty. $19 each.

They're cancelled. I'm starting to think I'm just too picky... IDK..

So my May box just arrived.  My selection:  Pristine & Clean.  I'm thinking I will be canceling.  I just don't think this one is for me after all.  The contents:

• method laundry detergent in fresh air (3.2 oz, 8 loads) (on one hand, at least this is my brand and scent of laundry detergent.  On the other, it would have been nice to try something new)
  • cotton flock lined rubber gloves (lime green)
  • Clean Well disinfectant spray (1 oz)
  • Haven Clean & Simple All-Purpose spray (lemon & mint)
  • Haven Clean & Simple Air & Linen spray (lavender)
  Apparently, the Haven sprays are concentrates, and you're supposed to add distilled water to the bottles.  It looks like there's about an ounce or two of liquid in sixteen-ounce bottles.  
They already charged me for the June box before this one even shipped, so I guess I'll get one more box after I cancel.

Be sure to double check your account with this subscription service. I just received an email stating my payment did not go through. I checked on file and luckily they have the information from my old debit bank card that's now expired. It's very odd because I cancelled this subscription months ago in April though I had to contact cs and didn't actually receive my box until May.  It even states that my subscription Is cancelled and the cancellation date when I log into the account!

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Be sure to double check your account with this subscription service. I just received an email stating my payment did not go through. I checked on file and luckily they have the information from my old debit bank card that's now expired. It's very odd because I cancelled this subscription months ago in April though I had to contact cs and didn't actually receive my box until May.  It even states that my subscription Is cancelled and the cancellation date when I log into the account!
Same thing happened to me -- they emailed me saying my payment didn't go through, I emailed them back saying, "That's good, because I canceled you months ago."  Oddly enough, the CC# on their site is actually current and they DID actually charge me, but later reversed it.  I had pondered resubbing at a later date, but with this CC mixup, I'm far more leery.

I just received a notification that my payment for this went through yesterday.  The problem is that it *also* went through on the 4th.  I have been meaning to cancel after this month anyway, so I just sent email requesting a reversal of the newest charge and a subscription cancellation at the end of July after those boxes ship.  If they do neither, well, this is in essence a PayPal transaction, so I will dispute it.  I have been seriously disappointed in the boxes I've received, but I have been thinking, "Just one more month," and then I forget to cancel, but the double-charge has spurred me into action.

I just got my premier membership bonus box!  ( I think that is what they called it.)  It was fun to actually get something before I saw any spoilers for it, as I'm not great at not looking.  It was pretty good for a free bonus box, and mostly things I will take with us on our vacation soon.

Eco All Natural Sunscreen SPF 30+ Very water resistant:  16.99
Neutrogena Naturals multi-vitamin nourishing night cream 1.7 oz:  13.99
Ecover dishwasher tablets in a package that says "contains 2 free"
Natural Herbal Armor Insect Repellant 2 oz: 5.49
Blissmo water bottle with filter

Everything was full size except for the dish detergent.  All prices listed are full retail price, I'm sure all can be found for less.  Overall the box was a great value, especially as it was free with a years subscription, and I will use everything except for the Neutrogena Naturals.  I need to figure out how to do trade lists so I can swap some of the things I'm not interested in. 

Okay, I canceled last month and got refunds for the correct charge *and* the incorrect duplicate charge last month -- and I just arrived home to find a box, so I must have paid for a box I don't recall not getting.  The box received:  The Naturally Hers box.

LA Fresh Waterproof Makeup Remover wipes (24-pk)

Hugo Naturals Comforting Vanilla & Sweet Orange Essential Mist (it's apparently a room/linen/body spray.  2 fl oz)
Rose Mira Organics See Me C Serum for face and decollete (0.25 oz)
Instead Softcup (2 each)
In Love lip balm in chai (this looks like it's full-sized)
GladRags day pad
blissmo pen
If this had been one of the boxes I received before I finally canceled, I probably wouldn't have canceled, but I am not in love with this service enough to re-subscribe at the moment.  I'll be working on a blog post with a picture or two and retail values (they conveniently provided them on the card) later.  

Back