Blush Mystery Beauty Box January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm excited to see this months box, as long as the sizes don't disappoint it should be a good one. *generally* if products are around 30$ or less we don't get samples.... when i see anything more expensive than that i just know its gonna be a sample. the more expensive it is .... the smaller the sample too! lol

edit:

ok.... mine has shipped... and its only 1.3 pounds.... not encouraging..... last months was 2.6 pounds in comparison....

I like the box this month! I hope I get the Klorane hair mask instead of the leave in cream but both are pretty great. I'm looking forward to the plumper too. I like the rosy shade. What is with that digestive health stuff though? I don't want dietary supplements in my beauty boxes. That seems rather odd to me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I like the box this month! I hope I get the Klorane hair mask instead of the leave in cream but both are pretty great. I'm looking forward to the plumper too. I like the rosy shade. What is with that digestive health stuff though? I don't want dietary supplements in my beauty boxes. That seems rather odd to me.

Well most of the products don't seem like they would have very much weight to them...the water thing is weird but I'm still curious to try it

Quote: Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I appreciate you posting the link. I like what I see. There are usually one  or two items I do not care for  , but I can always find a good home for them.
My exact thought!

The eye cream- not too sure I can use something w fragrance and acids. my sister might like it.

Also not too sure about the "harmonized water", I read a lot about those and well interesting theory anyways....

Quote: Originally Posted by calirabbit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i'm excited to see this months box, as long as the sizes don't disappoint it should be a good one. *generally* if products are around 30$ or less we don't get samples.... when i see anything more expensive than that i just know its gonna be a sample. the more expensive it is .... the smaller the sample too! lol

edit:

ok.... mine has shipped... and its only 1.3 pounds.... not encouraging..... last months was 2.6 pounds in comparison....
I agree... I was a bit concerned when I saw my shipping weight also.......... I think last month's box was heavier because they had to ship in a bigger box due to the size of the hair extension box. Not sure if that made a difference in weight or not....

My box was delivered today, but I'm in Cozumel until Wednesday so I won't get it until then! Hopefully the items are good sized!

I think I could live without the water ($30 value? In what world) and would much rather have both hair products, which were under $30 each.

Quote: Originally Posted by starlite2nite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mine has shipped and has a weight of 1.50 pounds.  Must be the difference in the hair products.
Just checked the weight of mine and it's 1.30

This isn't exactly on topic, but I just tried the AmLactin Foot Cream I received in September's (?) Blush Box, and it smells like pee to me! I couldn't believe it! Did anyone else have this problem? 
laughno.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This isn't exactly on topic, but I just tried the AmLactin Foot Cream I received in September's (?) Blush Box, and it smells like pee to me! I couldn't believe it! Did anyone else have this problem? 
laughno.gif

I noticed it has a smell to it. Mine has more of a sweet, mapley smell, that I find nauseating.

Eww, did not try mine. I love the Theraplex  foot cream that was in one of the other Blush boxes, though.

Quote: Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Eww, did not try mine. I love the Theraplex  foot cream that was in one of the other Blush boxes, though.
I'll have to try that one next. 

Im excited for the le edge even if its on discount with amazon. I love mystery boxes even if they dissapoint because there are a lot of items I want to buy but I would never buy for myself because I always feel like its not worth it. I get giddy when there is an item that Ive been wanting to try is "forced" upon me. Interesting how that buying psyhchology is.  Ill try the digestive health but am weary because of general supplments being not really looked at by fda. I hope I get the leave in cream because my hair is always so frizzy. 

Not the best month but again Im giddy about le edge. 

Im excited for the le edge even if its on discount with amazon. I love mystery boxes even if they dissapoint because there are a lot of items I want to buy but I would never buy for myself because I always feel like its not worth it. I get giddy when there is an item that Ive been wanting to try is "forced" upon me. Interesting how that buying psyhchology is.  Ill try the digestive health but am weary because of general supplments being not really looked at by fda. I hope I get the leave in cream because my hair is always so frizzy.  Not the best month but again Im giddy about le edge. 
That's how I feel about my sub boxes. It's like getting a present (I tend to forget I actually pay for them) It's something you might not think to buy for yourself. To me, that's the fun of it.

Quote: Originally Posted by crescentmoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Im excited for the le edge even if its on discount with amazon. I love mystery boxes even if they dissapoint because there are a lot of items I want to buy but I would never buy for myself because I always feel like its not worth it. I get giddy when there is an item that Ive been wanting to try is "forced" upon me. Interesting how that buying psyhchology is.  Ill try the digestive health but am weary because of general supplments being not really looked at by fda. I hope I get the leave in cream because my hair is always so frizzy. 

Not the best month but again Im giddy about le edge. 
I agree. And actually, you have to buy at least 25.00(or it 35.00 now ) to get the add on at Amazon. It is fun to try new products.

This isn't exactly on topic, but I just tried the AmLactin Foot Cream I received in September's (?) Blush Box, and it smells like pee to me! I couldn't believe it! Did anyone else have this problem?  :laughno:
It does smell awful! I don't like the smell. But I use it anyway as it does seem to smooth out everything. Just have to wash off the stuff in the morning!

Because I was interested in the different weights of the boxes report, I went and looked at the only two items that are or items: Hair maski and leave in conditioner.  Funny enough, they "almost" weigh the same. The masks weighs 5.07 fl oz and the leave in conditioner is 4.22 fl oz. So, that is difference of .85 oz.  That can't be the sole reason for some of the size discrepancies. The difference in 1.3 lbs and 1.5 lbs (as reported here already) is more significant. Just interesting, is all. They must have included extra packaging for one or both items to through it off. Hard to tell which will weigh more depending on that.

Quote: Originally Posted by Classynfun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Because I was interested in the different weights of the boxes report, I went and looked at the only two items that are or items: Hair maski and leave in conditioner.  Funny enough, they "almost" weigh the same. The masks weighs 5.07 fl oz and the leave in conditioner is 4.22 fl oz. So, that is difference of .85 oz.  That can't be the sole reason for some of the size discrepancies. The difference in 1.3 lbs and 1.5 lbs (as reported here already) is more significant. Just interesting, is all. They must have included extra packaging for one or both items to through it off. Hard to tell which will weigh more depending on that.

That was some pretty good research. I wonder what it is. I got the heavier one...I so hope I get the mask!

Back