Blush Mystery Beauty Box March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by angienharry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I took a 4 month hiatus and came back for the klorane last month and stayed for this month. I'm on the fence about next month. I don't mind the smaller sizes and I love skin care so I'm happy with this box. Just not over the moon. One makeup item would have been made it better. My extras were the amlactin lotion foil and the first aid beauty face cleanser foil.
Face primer is kind of a makeup item. I've never tried the Spackle so I was excited for it.

Plus, another month the makeup item was a lip stick (Jane Iredale, I believe) that looked to be about 3 uses, so I'll take the primer over that!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Face primer is kind of a makeup item. I've never tried the Spackle so I was excited for it.

Plus, another month the makeup item was a lip stick (Jane Iredale, I believe) that looked to be about 3 uses, so I'll take the primer over that!
The Jane Iredale has actually lasted me quite a while and smells so good lol...you just never know.  It is tiny though, as most Jane Iredale samples are.

Quote: Originally Posted by Laurenv78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The Jane Iredale has actually lasted me quite a while and smells so good lol...you just never know.  It is tiny though, as most Jane Iredale samples are.
I used it a couple times, I like that I could put it in my pocket and not have a big bulge...but I'm not sure what I did with it after the first day. lol.

Hey guys im new to MT well not really always read the forums but this is my first post. I have to say i am completely upset with this months bag. The only thing i was ok with was the moisturizer which isnt the one i need. I recieved the one for oily skin and i have severly dry skin. I have been getting blush since October and i am worried if this is the begining of whats to come now that Target has bought them:( Like someone else said this is the first time i recieved foil packets as the extra item. I will be contacting Blush to find out if the reason for so many small sizes is the Target takeover. I have way to many subs and i never thought blush would be the one that I would cancel they was always my favorite and for that reason I will give it another month because I do know that they cant make everyone happy. So here to better future bags!!!!!! Cheers!

I think I've been subbed since November, and my "extras" have always been foils, except for that godawful blue cream eyeshadow

It seems like it is sporadic on the extra item with the mystery boxes. I called the first time I didn't get anything but foils and was told that mystery gifts aren't normally included with the monthly sub so anytime I get one I consider it a bonus.

As for the Target purchase I read that the acquisition happened in August 2013.

The samples are smaller this month but it is a lot better quality and brand names instead of that Le Edge or the Harmonized water IMHO.

Quote: Originally Posted by LethalLesal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm lucky enough to actually need a bunch of skincare products right now, so this sub was perfect for me! 

I'm a little late to the game, as I've said a few times I only subscribed last Friday using someone else's link to get the subscription for $19.95, and received the first box on Monday.  But I just made a IMGUR album with all of my products and what I think of them.  I'm really REALLY happy with this subscription so far.  I just wish they would send me my March box already! 

http://imgur.com/a/lzYue

Oh, I loved your reviews ! and the backdrop of that colorful quilt was so awesome !  nice big clear pics of everything. One of the best blogs ever. Keep em coming !..=)

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, I loved your reviews ! and the backdrop of that colorful quilt was so awesome !  nice big clear pics of everything. One of the best blogs ever. Keep em coming !..=)
You are too sweet, thank you!  I was actually just considering making a few mini multi-colored granny square blankets just to use as backdrops for photos.  You've inspired me to go ahead and do it!  

I'll also go ahead and get my actual bloggy-blog set up within the next week or so too.  I love Imgur, but it'd be cool to have an actual just... blog of my own.  I plan on posting crochet patterns, recipes, and a bunch of other fun stuff like that.  I own the domain www.tattooedmarthastewart.com (because me and all my friends refer to me as the tattooed martha stewart, lol) but I've never put it to use.  My new addiction to subscription boxes, and since all the products that come in them are SO PRETTY AND FUN, has really put the boot to my bum to go ahead and start it up.  

I also got my Birchbox in yesterday, and did another mini-review and bloggy-style post using the pictures I took from that.  I'll post that tomorrow over on the Birchbox mega-thread if you don't mind looking for it over there.  I could also always PM you the link =)

I am super duper glad that I thought to email them.  Since they had sent the February box to me at the beginning of March, they weren't even planning on sending me the March box at all!  That's the one I realllllly wanted, so I was very sad =(  However, they offered to place an order for my same subscription price for it!  It'll be shipped out either later today or tomorrow, and I should hopefully have it by the end of the week! 

You are too sweet, thank you!  I was actually just considering making a few mini multi-colored granny square blankets just to use as backdrops for photos.  You've inspired me to go ahead and do it!  

I'll also go ahead and get my actual bloggy-blog set up within the next week or so too.  I love Imgur, but it'd be cool to have an actual just... blog of my own.  I plan on posting crochet patterns, recipes, and a bunch of other fun stuff like that.  I own the domain www.tattooedmarthastewart.com (because me and all my friends refer to me as the tattooed martha stewart, lol) but I've never put it to use.  My new addiction to subscription boxes, and since all the products that come in them are SO PRETTY AND FUN, has really put the boot to my bum to go ahead and start it up.  

I also got my Birchbox in yesterday, and did another mini-review and bloggy-style post using the pictures I took from that.  I'll post that tomorrow over on the Birchbox mega-thread if you don't mind looking for it over there.  I could also always PM you the link =)

Thats nice ! Id love a link of the Birchbox review. I know longer have mine cause I never got all the great makeup goodies  that others got, only odds and ends and tea bags , still Im real curious .

I just got the link, thank you so much. (smiles)

Yes, I thought the quilt backdrop was sooo cute, much better than ones kitchen  plain table top. And most definately a official blog format. the Imgur layout was so nicely scroll down, that I thought it was a blog . I would be eager to see  when your domain is all set up. Im not a really good cook but I want to learn cause my kids are growing.

So fun to see everyones creative ideas . =)

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my bag, and hoping that more folks will post pictures of their bags while I wait!!!  Mine is somewhere between Kentucky and Texas right now.  Hopefully it will be here by Saturday! 

It's out for delivery!  Usually the mailman is here by now, but of course since I'm excited and waiting they're not here yet!  I'll post photos as soon as it arrives.  

It's here!  I'm super excited that they sent me another free full-sized Lip Quench.  I really REALLY love that stuff, and I use it every night before bed since I got it.  

I'm also in love with my other two free samples!! They sent me another sample of the Amlactin Alpha-Hydroxy therapy with the $3 off coupon, and I was already planning on going this weekend to purchase a full-sized bottle.  This stuff is amazing for the awful keratosis pilaris on my upper arms.  It immediately softened them right up, kept them smooth all the next day, and I can definitely see them disappearing over time with regular use of this amazing product.  

My other free sample is SkinMedica's Redness Relief CalmPlex.  I actually have two small red patches on my lower cheeks.  They're not really prominent, and they don't look terrible or anything, I just wish they would go away!  They don't get dry or anything like psoriasis or rosacea, but they've just always been there my whole life.  They've always been easy enough to just cover up with foundation, however, if I could get them to disappear when I'm not wearing any foundation, that would be awesome.  I really look forward to trying this out, and I've been wanting to try a product like this for a while now.   

It's here!  I'm super excited that they sent me another free full-sized Lip Quench.  I really REALLY love that stuff, and I use it every night before bed since I got it.  

I'm also in love with my other two free samples!! They sent me another sample of the Amlactin Alpha-Hydroxy therapy with the $3 off coupon, and I was already planning on going this weekend to purchase a full-sized bottle.  This stuff is amazing for the awful keratosis pilaris on my upper arms.  It immediately softened them right up, kept them smooth all the next day, and I can definitely see them disappearing over time with regular use of this amazing product.  

My other free sample is SkinMedica's Redness Relief CalmPlex.  I actually have two small red patches on my lower cheeks.  They're not really prominent, and they don't look terrible or anything, I just wish they would go away!  They don't get dry or anything like psoriasis or rosacea, but they've just always been there my whole life.  They've always been easy enough to just cover up with foundation, however, if I could get them to disappear when I'm not wearing any foundation, that would be awesome.  I really look forward to trying this out, and I've been wanting to try a product like this for a while now.   

Oh ! I need to try that Amlactin on my daughter, she has a skin disease on her arms too !

Im currently trying the Paulas Choice Ski Perfector (on my third day)  and my pores are looking better.

Thank you so much finaly for a review of Blush Mysteries skin care they sent us. . We have so many makeup ladies here comparing colors but very few skin care ladies. Lots of skin problems in my family

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh ! I need to try that Amlactin on my daughter, she has a skin disease on her arms too !

Im currently trying the Paulas Choice Ski Perfector (on my third day)  and my pores are looking better.

Thank you so much finaly for a review of Blush Mysteries skin care they sent us. . We have so many makeup ladies here comparing colors but very few skin care ladies. Lots of skin problems in my family
If you have some skin issues like Eczema, inflamed skin or some mystery rash and redness that I had (redness from biking that neve ir went away).

Try Zyderma cream that is made with silver. 

It worked so well for me I ended up sending the company some before and after pics.

I tried pretty much every ingredient and it was what actually worked for me.

I have Amlactin here, but haven't really tried it yet, but have used tons of creams with the same ingredients.

I attempted to call and cancel (I just have too many products to get through) and I got "Press 1 if you're a new customer, 2 if you're a returning customer" I press 2. "oops, you must be so excited about your beauty purchase you didn't listen to the menu options! Press # to go back to the menu." I press #.  "oops, you must be so excited about your beauty purchase you didn't listen to the menu options! Press # to go back to the menu." I tried one more time, same thing happened, then I hung up. I wish they would let me cancel online!

Back