Blush Mystery Beauty Box March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kdlane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have been home all day.  Long term subbie for Blush and other boxes.  Just got a tracking notice from USPS:

~~ March 8, 2014 , 3:23 pm Undeliverable as Addressed . SEATTLE, WA 98104 March 7, 2014 Electronic Shipping Info Received . March 7, 2014 , 11:25 am Available for Pickup . SEATTLE, WA 98134 March 7, 2014 , 10:53 am Arrival at Post Office . SEATTLE, WA 98134 March 6, 2014 , 3:25 am Departed Shipping Partner Facility . HEBRON, KY 41048 March 5, 2014 , 8:00 pm Arrived Shipping Partner Facility . HEBRON, KY 41048 Available  WTF???????????  Of course USPS is closed I called Blush and they no nothing!  I just got two grab bags last week and feb. mystery bag from them.  So  Weird!!!  Just lost me!!!  I am done, this seemed to be an every other month issue with shipment from them!  BTW it doesn't say up top but this package has or will be sent back to Blush/Dermstore?!!!!!  I also think my Postal Carrier is either a jackaxx or crackbaby!!!

I will give you a little hope!  I had this exact thing happen (but not with Blush) and I was so mad!  But the next day, there it was in my mailbox.  I think its an excuse or something for the mailman to leave early.

I don't know if thats your problem (I live in Sammamish) but I hope so and I hope you'll see it on Monday!

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm not trying to advocate for smaller samples, but I the eye patch sample (which you can reuse 3x) is worth almost $10. A full size of 6 reusable patches goes for $58.00. 
I also noticed that you could use it 3x and was happy I saw that because otherwise I would have tossed them after first use! 

I think you are right.  Unfortunately this has happened time and time again.  With most of the blame on the USPS and with other carriers as well.  Blush and other companies need to complain to them as well I the consumer.  God knows I have called, written letters, to everyone including the Postmaster General - no avail.  This box doesn't look worthy of my angst. 

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm not trying to advocate for smaller samples, but I the eye patch sample (which you can reuse 3x) is worth almost $10. A full size of 6 reusable patches goes for $58.00. 
Yea I just noticed this! That makes me a little bit happier. Overall I'm still really happy with the samples. I think I just got spoiled with so many full sizes last month!

I have used the Facial Hydrating Cream and I absolutely love it! I do love skincare so I'm pretty happy to have a bunch of new stuff to try. Still confused as to why they didn't send out the Free Mystery Gift though. I emailed customer service to ask about it, but I've heard their CS isn't very good at responding to emails. I'll update everyone if I get any type of response.

Yea I just noticed this! That makes me a little bit happier. Overall I'm still really happy with the samples. I think I just got spoiled with so many full sizes last month! I have used the Facial Hydrating Cream and I absolutely love it! I do love skincare so I'm pretty happy to have a bunch of new stuff to try. Still confused as to why they didn't send out the Free Mystery Gift though. I emailed customer service to ask about it, but I've heard their CS isn't very good at responding to emails. I'll update everyone if I get any type of response.
Not sure what you mean by free mystery gift? Normally we just get a foil or two.

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my box today.  I am SO HAPPY with the size of the Stri-Vectin-SD!!  It's not tiny!  It's a three week supply! (.75oz)

For anyone else curious about sizes while they wait:

DCL facial hydrating cream for dry skin: 3.5oz

Paula's Choice skin perfecting 2% BHA Liquid: 1oz

Sarah McNamara Skin Transformer: .5oz

Spackle: .5oz

Skinceuticals: no size listed but I weighed it on my scale (without the dropper but still in glass bottle) and it was 10g/.4oz
Thanks,

I won't have my box for a while, so nice to know this info.

Nice to see the DCL is full size as I wanted to try that line and almost bought one of the moisturizers.

I've gotten the Skinceuticals samples before and thought they were usually 5ml?

-their products are quite nice.

The tracking on mine shows it was delivered yesterday but I was home all day and never received it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I called Blush this morning and the guy I spoke with told me to call my local post office tomorrow and ask exactly where they left the package and to call back if need be and they'd send out another box. I'm so sad. 

The tracking on mine shows it was delivered yesterday but I was home all day and never received it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I called Blush this morning and the guy I spoke with told me to call my local post office tomorrow and ask exactly where they left the package and to call back if need be and they'd send out another box. I'm so sad. 
Well at least they said they'd send another one if needed. I had a similar thing happen and was told I was sol.

Well at least they said they'd send another one if needed. I had a similar thing happen and was told I was sol.
Are you serious? I would have asked to speak to a supervisor immediately and if they said the same thing, cancelled my sub and never looked back. That's absurd of them.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissKris17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you serious?  I would have asked to speak to a supervisor immediately, and if they said the same thing, I would have cancelled my sub and never looked back.  That is absolutely absurd of them.  Things, unfortunately, go missing while in transit or when they're left outside all the time.  I know they got $100 worth of insurance with USPS on the February box they just sent me when I signed up using the "we miss you" link for the subscription price of $19.99, and I'm pretty sure insurance is included when you ship with the major non-USPS carriers too.  I'm second-hand irritated on your behalf right now, haha. 

Seriously...I got screwed on the StriVectin.  The picture posted and another person both got 0.75oz and mine is only 0.50oz and in slightly different packaging.  But they did throw in an extra Amlactin foil with a $3 coupon
plain.gif

Everything else seems to be of good quality.  I'm not completely disappointed in this box, but it's not the best.

Do you guys have a Blush trade thread? I have been wanting to try that Paula's Choice BHA liquid but I don't subscribe.

Quote: Originally Posted by tessak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Do you guys have a Blush trade thread? I have been wanting to try that Paula's Choice BHA liquid but I don't subscribe.
I was directed after making a friendly suggestion to swap DCL moisturizers to the regular https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/22537/buy-sell-trade section.  However, you may not even see this post, since after I received that PM all of my posts have been set to be "moderated" before I'm allowed to post... *sigh*

Quote: Originally Posted by LethalLesal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you serious? I would have asked to speak to a supervisor immediately and if they said the same thing, cancelled my sub and never looked back. That's absurd of them.
Yes, it wasn't Blush though it was Memebox. They are in Korea, so there were already some communication problems.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissKris17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes, it wasn't Blush though it was Memebox. They are in Korea, so there were already some communication problems.
That makes a lot more sense!  I was thinking it was Blush, and I couldn't imagine a company in the states having issues like that.  

I'm not pleased...the lack of variety plus the washcloth-which isn't that soft or luxurious to me, it feels like it will be threadbare VERY soon-really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I've loved every other box but could have easily passed on this.

I took a 4 month hiatus and came back for the klorane last month and stayed for this month. I'm on the fence about next month. I don't mind the smaller sizes and I love skin care so I'm happy with this box. Just not over the moon. One makeup item would have been made it better. My extras were the amlactin lotion foil and the first aid beauty face cleanser foil.

Quote: Originally Posted by angienharry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I took a 4 month hiatus and came back for the klorane last month and stayed for this month. I'm on the fence about next month. I don't mind the smaller sizes and I love skin care so I'm happy with this box. Just not over the moon. One makeup item would have been made it better. My extras were the amlactin lotion foil and the first aid beauty face cleanser foil.
Same as me...looks like you got the smaller StriVectin as well.  Some got 0.75oz

I'm glad you posted! I was being lazy but wanted to go back and thank you for sharing the idea of swapping to a credit card with either no limit, or like I did and used my PayPal debit, which only links to my PayPal balance until I see if I want the next box.

Back