Blush Mystery Beauty Box November 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was surprised to arrive home and find my box waiting for me - I wasn't terribly excited by this months box but I wasn't dramatically disappointed either. More of a "sigh". Kind of like opening a present and discovering socks. Will I use all of these items? Yes. Was there anything exciting? Not by my standards. 

The good:

I'm excited to receive a sunblock/moisturizer. I have rosacea and require both a sunscreen and moisturizer every day and I'm always testing new products in both camps so I'm happy to have this, and a reasonably sized bottle (I thought this bottle would be bigger but if it's a good product I won't complain)

I put on the lip gloss in the mirror and said to myself "well this has no color at all, i hate glosses that are bright in the tube and bland on my lips". Then I walked into another room and wow what a difference lighting made. It's a bright pop of color, but not as bright and harsh as a lipstick. I really find the color to be flattering and bright without being overpowering, I may even guy the full size as a splurge one day. 

the meh:

brown eyeliner - i'm sure i'll use it. I like cargo and find it to be a good brand. I prefer automatic liners to the ones you have to sharpen but i realize i'm being a whiner. I wish it was a funner color but i accept other people receiving this box would be annoyed with a fun color and it's hard to please everyone. 

eyelash serum: I would never in a million years buy this for myself. That said I would consider this a fun treat and i'm curious to see how well it works. 

the bad:

my mascara arrived dried out. I'll be emailing customer service and hoping for the best. 

Root lifting spray? not my cup of tea, I have super thick hair so I don't need any extra volume. 

Got mine today and bored to tears :-(. I am generally not a box complainer (everything excites me) but I was seriously meh over this one.

I wasn't too upset with this box surprisingly. I was planning on complete disappointment but I actually like the lip gloss; and like someone else said I NEVER finish a tube so this size is actually perfect for me. I actually loved the eyeliner as well, I'm usually into the basic black liner but after trying it on today it looked soo pretty on and a perfect day look for me. The rest was kind of meh, the eyelash enhancer I will try out but I have found a lot of bad reviews for it on any website other than dermstore.com so I was kind of bummed by that. The serum I will use but don't necessarily need yet. But for the 26.50 I paid I feel like we got over our money's worth and it's still fun to try out different stuff. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know if I want to stay another month or cancel after this box.

I have been really thinking of picking up QVC New Beauty Test tube?

Anyone else get that box?

I got mine today and was disappointed in almost everything. The only thing I'll probably using is the SmartLash thing because I'm curious of whether or not it works. Everything else went onto my trade list. I'll probably be unsubscribing soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't know if I want to stay another month or cancel after this box.

I have been really thinking of picking up QVC New Beauty Test tube?

Anyone else get that box?
I used to sub to that.  if you love the products that QVC sells(WEN, mally, philoshopy, laura geller) , you will like this box.  However, I didn't, so I gave away just about everything

I did sub to the regular new beauty test tube and I thought that one was much better than the Q's

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It's more of a pink, but it's a darker pink than I expected...not the ideal fall shade but it isn't super light and bright like I feared, either...at least on me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have to go to work now but I'll try to get a pic of it on lips tonight/in the morning. The lighting in the pics is natural daylight, if that helps.

The pencil is really nice! I love Cargo.
I saw a review of it and it really looks like a nice color.   This pic is from a blog - NOT MINE!! - if this is against the rules here, please let me know and I will remove.  Is this pic pretty accurate for the color, would you say?

I tried taking a pic tonight but the light in my room is super yellow and I couldn't get it to show right...but That looks pretty accurate :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and as someone else said, in some lights you don't notice a tint, but in others, it's a nice pop of pink. I'm happier with it than I thought I'd be!

I too liked the gloss color..might buy a full size in the spring. Interested to try the lash serum but I have a ton of these things and I'm too lazy to use them so I might not. Most of the stuff I put in my trade list. I know the Pur Lisse was worth like 55 but I'm just not interested for some reason. Here's hoping for a great December. My wishlist would include:

Shu Uemura Eyelash curler(HA! in my dreams)

Dry body oil

Eyeshadow palette like the Skylark one we got(again in my dreams)

Deep conditioning treatment

Scented candle for the holidays

Something fun and sparkly for New Years like a champagne sparkle polish

What is y'alls wishlist?

Quote: Originally Posted by danator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was surprised to arrive home and find my box waiting for me - I wasn't terribly excited by this months box but I wasn't dramatically disappointed either. More of a "sigh". Kind of like opening a present and discovering socks. Will I use all of these items? Yes. Was there anything exciting? Not by my standards.

The good:

I'm excited to receive a sunblock/moisturizer. I have rosacea and require both a sunscreen and moisturizer every day and I'm always testing new products in both camps so I'm happy to have this, and a reasonably sized bottle (I thought this bottle would be bigger but if it's a good product I won't complain)

I put on the lip gloss in the mirror and said to myself "well this has no color at all, i hate glosses that are bright in the tube and bland on my lips". Then I walked into another room and wow what a difference lighting made. It's a bright pop of color, but not as bright and harsh as a lipstick. I really find the color to be flattering and bright without being overpowering, I may even guy the full size as a splurge one day.

the meh:

brown eyeliner - i'm sure i'll use it. I like cargo and find it to be a good brand. I prefer automatic liners to the ones you have to sharpen but i realize i'm being a whiner. I wish it was a funner color but i accept other people receiving this box would be annoyed with a fun color and it's hard to please everyone.

eyelash serum: I would never in a million years buy this for myself. That said I would consider this a fun treat and i'm curious to see how well it works.

the bad:

my mascara arrived dried out. I'll be emailing customer service and hoping for the best.

Root lifting spray? not my cup of tea, I have super thick hair so I don't need any extra volume.
My mascara arrived dried out too. I emailed them last night and received a reply this morning. They said they were sending a new one and gave me a new order number.

I am still waiting for my box..I got a package from Blush today that had 2 samples and a blush brand slate eye shadow. The REAL box  should show up by Tuesday.

If anyone falls in love with the lip gloss, Sephora has it on sale for $10.00.  Just wanted to pass it on.

Just received my box.. I loved it.. I have been using Obaji Elastilash and it really works.. I now have to curl them in order for them not to tangle.. I am very excited for the lash product.  I will be able to use all items.. very excited.

So glad I read this thread.  I didn't check @ 1st but my mascara was dried out too.  Hope they send a replacement.

My bag arrived yesterday and I think I'm going to cancel. I've got so many FS products that I don't need these. And the way the mascara looked -- not sealed, no markings except the EA name and the "not for sale" sticker. IDK, there was just something about it that gave me a bad vibe. I'll keep watching the fun, but I'm out for now.

I'm pretty happy with this one, but I do think I will be canceling this and Sample Society...I just have too much makeup and skincare right now and I don't need to amass more...I can satisfy my new pretties need with Ipsy and Glossybox and use the money from these others to buy myself a Fancy box subscription.... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just did a review of this, and I totaled the cost.  Depending on your point of view I received a $142.26, if I use my cost for the eyelash enhancer(as I already subscribe at 29.95), or $237.31 value.  So, this is not even close to the $250.00 claim.  But they did give us a great deal for our 25.00.  That said, this is a boring box.  I will use a lot of the items, but I wish they gave us a full sized Nick Chavez, which would have brought it up over the 250.00 mark.

Ugggh...mascara dry. 

Im going to call and cancel, I also think I have way too much stuff that I can't use up fast enough!! 

Still curious if anyone wants to swap Mirabella highlighters from last month.  I have the Rose shimmer and am looking for the Latte Swirl.  Mine is unused / unswatched.  Would be looking for the same.  Thanks!

Recieved my replacement mascara today, along with 2 samples (quickee supersmille and pevonia c eye gel) and a nice note that said "thanks for your business, we do everything we can to keep you happy! Thanks, Dan CEO" I was impressed that not only did they replace the dried out mascara but they also went above and beyond to keep me happy as a customer. I wasn't thrilled with this months box but this treatment will keep me as a customer. 

Back