Bondi - New Subscription Box (MERGED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really think it's all about chemistry.  I never have trouble with any polish no matter how cheap or expensive.  It just stays and stays without chipping.  My sister, on the other hand, can't go 2 days without wrecked polish.  We tried the exact same manicure one time just to see if it was the polish, base or top coat.  Mine lasted over 2 weeks until I couldn't stand wearing the same colour anymore.  Hers had chips by day 3.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There're quite a few factors that could contribute, sometimes it could be body chemistry, how hot it is outside when you apply it can also cause to not last as long. Do you swipe your nails with remover before applying polish (this is after polish removal) to remove any residue/lotion/etc? Did you use a base coat? You can use I'm Vers as both a base coat and a topcoat, which is super handy.

I've also learned that some polishes react better to their own brand of base/topcoats and will peel/flake sooner if you use a different brand basecoat or no basecoat at all.

Haha it almost looks like a piece of modern art, doesn't it? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ha ha! I did like the Jackson Pollock effect, that's one of the reasons I grabbed my camera before grabbing the nail polish remover. I just had to laugh that the thing ended up on the floor after all the drama just trying to get it to me! My realtor is going to cry when she sees the stained grout though. That's original 1930s tile and it's coveted in older homes in this area. I'm going to have to get on my knees and do some major scrubbing this weekend.

The CS of this company is really edging me closer to subbing.  They're AMAZEBALLS.  heheh take that FatFitFun.  

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The CS of this company is really edging me closer to subbing.  They're AMAZEBALLS.  heheh take that FatFitFun.  
I agree. I'm looking forward to at least trying Bondi out. If their formula works well for me, then I will for sure end up switching from Julep to them. While I really love the Julep colors, the formula just will not last on my nails.

Wearing The Limelight today... omg I sooo love this color!

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Been wearing it a couple of days. It is an awesome color. I am shocked that there has been hardly any wear on it. Just barely on the tips. My nails peel horribly so polish flakes off really bad where it is damaged. This seems to be staying put. I am beyond thrilled.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love this color! Your nails always look gorgeous!

Gorgeous manis.Love the colors and so far the formula has been a perfect mach for me. I am really excited for the sub to get started. Seeing their teaser pictures in FB is torture.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so over Julep, I painted my nails last night (2 coats and 2 coats of topcoat) and they are already seriously chipped. I wasn't typing or working with my hands at all other than a little note taking. Can't wait to try Bondi, also heard Sephora X is amazing. To the person who was nervous abt a new sub after FFF, I wouldn't worry, Bondi seems like an amazing company with top notch service. I think people will be dropping Julep like mad once they find out abt Bondi.
Is Sephora X 5 free?

I believe Sephora x is probably not 5 free. I own two polishes from Sephora X collection. I checked on their sit and don't find anything. Introducing SEPHORA X, a state-of-the-art line that is breaking new ground on the nail scene. This collection of rich, bold lacquers delivers unprecedented color, spectacular shine and incredible long-wear. Our experts scour the globe for the most innovative ingredients, materials and technology so you can experience never-before-seen effects first. Immerse yourself in the latest looks, trends and technologies, found only in SEPHORA X. So eXplosive. So eXceptional. One coat changes everything.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe Sephora x is probably not 5 free. I own two polishes from Sephora X collection. I checked on their sit and don't find anything.

Introducing SEPHORA X, a state-of-the-art line that is breaking new ground on the nail scene. This collection of rich, bold lacquers delivers unprecedented color, spectacular shine and incredible long-wear. Our experts scour the globe for the most innovative ingredients, materials and technology so you can experience never-before-seen effects first. Immerse yourself in the latest looks, trends and technologies, found only in SEPHORA X.

So eXplosive. So eXceptional. One coat changes everything.
I miss when Sephora used to post ingredients and use a green and natural seal.

I miss when Sephora used to post ingredients and use a green and natural seal.
Really? I never notice that. That must be like a long time ago or was that a short period of time that they did that?

Hi! Sorry, I had to create a new thread for Bondi NYC subscription because I saw this thread was created but it's incorrect format. It's placed under "General Beauty & Fashion", "Nail Talk', Bondi. It's supposed to be in a correct group format under "Subscription & Sampling Programs". I'm sorry if I cause any confusions. 

Here's the new thread in a correct category:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/136639/bondinyc-august-2013-1st-new-subscription-box

Originally Posted by alterkate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha ha! I did like the Jackson Pollock effect, that's one of the reasons I grabbed my camera before grabbing the nail polish remover. I just had to laugh that the thing ended up on the floor after all the drama just trying to get it to me!

My realtor is going to cry when she sees the stained grout though. That's original 1930s tile and it's coveted in older homes in this area. I'm going to have to get on my knees and do some major scrubbing this weekend.
It is actually kind of pretty, in an abstract makeup and beauty sort of theme...=)  Maybe consider going into business with your cat?

It is actually kind of pretty, in an abstract makeup and beauty sort of theme...=)  Maybe consider going into business with your cat?
Ha! I can see the advertisement now: "One of a kind art, long lasting and created just for you! All forms of payment accepted, including nail polish and Fancy Feast"

Back