Bondi - New Subscription Box (MERGED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I signed up based on what you have told me. I've never tried their polish but am excited. Also if their CS is great I totally want to support companies that have that.

Same here, I have never heard of them before. I am looking forward to some pretty colors and great cs.

Whoo Whoot! Just got these today! Yes, I paid for these. No, I got a special discount only for one time thing.

Okay, I have another addition to the "Bondi New York has AMAZING customer service" files!

I jumped on the buy one get one free code sale on 6/28. (Well...to be completely honest, I can't resist a good deal, so I jumped on the buy three get three free code! 
icon_redface.gif
) I wasn't expecting very fast shipping because of the holiday, but I was happy to get my tracking code two days later and a delivery status of Friday July 5. Sadly, the 5th came and went and no Bondi order. 
frown.gif
 The next day I got an email asking me to review one of the polishes, so I just clicked the response that said "I haven't received my order yet". Within FOUR HOURS (on a Saturday!) I got an email from Richard Annington saying they were looking into my order and would give me an update on Monday. Still no order on Monday, but another email saying they were giving it one more day and had another order ready to go out to me if it wasn't there that night. I responded and thanked him, and was updated every day since on the status. Richard and I are tight now, y'all! 

Now, I don't know how big this organization is. It's entirely plausible that some or maybe all of these emails and blog appearances from "Richard" are really staff at Bondi helping with the image and social media presence. If he is a busy guy, I would expect he'd need help manning that inbox. But even if it isn't him personally, it's his name out there and I gotta say, they are making it a very credible name!

The best news is, my original order came today and I can't wait to try the gorgeous colors!! I have to give props to CheshireCookie who was the bad influence inspiration for me to try this company out. Your reviews here and on your blog piqued my interest and I am very happy with the results! 
claps.gif

I enjoy good CS. It makes it seem like they care and not just money hungry. I've just started Julep but heard their CS is questionable. Plus they only give you two polishes and a product. Getting three polishes and a product with great CS is a slam dunk.

Originally Posted by alterkate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, I have another addition to the "Bondi New York has AMAZING customer service" files!

I jumped on the buy one get one free code sale on 6/28. (Well...to be completely honest, I can't resist a good deal, so I jumped on the buy three get three free code! 
icon_redface.gif
) I wasn't expecting very fast shipping because of the holiday, but I was happy to get my tracking code two days later and a delivery status of Friday July 5. Sadly, the 5th came and went and no Bondi order. 
frown.gif
 The next day I got an email asking me to review one of the polishes, so I just clicked the response that said "I haven't received my order yet". Within FOUR HOURS (on a Saturday!) I got an email from Richard Annington saying they were looking into my order and would give me an update on Monday. Still no order on Monday, but another email saying they were giving it one more day and had another order ready to go out to me if it wasn't there that night. I responded and thanked him, and was updated every day since on the status. Richard and I are tight now, y'all! 

Now, I don't know how big this organization is. It's entirely plausible that some or maybe all of these emails and blog appearances from "Richard" are really staff at Bondi helping with the image and social media presence. If he is a busy guy, I would expect he'd need help manning that inbox. But even if it isn't him personally, it's his name out there and I gotta say, they are making it a very credible name!

The best news is, my original order came today and I can't wait to try the gorgeous colors!! I have to give props to CheshireCookie who was the bad influence inspiration for me to try this company out. Your reviews here and on your blog piqued my interest and I am very happy with the results! 
claps.gif
that is awesome...i get more excited everyday! and cookie was also my "inspiration" after that cute cat mani...i loved the color so much i hopped on as soon as i saw this thread.

icon_redface.gif
frown.gif

claps.gif
Ahem.....I would never do such a thing as be an enabler
whistling.gif
LOL

and can I just say, I just had the most hilarious moment of the week! I watched 13 Going on 30 earlier today (haven't seen it in YEARS) and I spit my drink out laughing so hard when I realized that her boss in the movie is a British guy named Richard....OMG....I totally forgot that!!! Hahahaha!
sdrop.gif

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could be a body chemistry thing. There's almost nothing that works for everyone
That's what I'm wondering - sigh. Bondi, I just want to be able to love you! 

Originally Posted by neblinosa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

is it just with Bondi or do u have the same issue with other brands? Do u clean ur nails with polish remover before u Polish them?
I usually have clean nails - nail polish remover might be a good idea, thanks! It just seems to be Bondi.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There're quite a few factors that could contribute, sometimes it could be body chemistry, how hot it is outside when you apply it can also cause to not last as long. Do you swipe your nails with remover before applying polish (this is after polish removal) to remove any residue/lotion/etc? Did you use a base coat? You can use I'm Vers as both a base coat and a topcoat, which is super handy.

I've also learned that some polishes react better to their own brand of base/topcoats and will peel/flake sooner if you use a different brand basecoat or no basecoat at all.
I'll try the remover, thanks for the idea! I've tried it with Vers as the base and top and then just as the top - same results. Weird. 

Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you use a base or topcoat? Some just don't play nice with certain polishes.
I did - I used I'm Vers from Bondi, alas!

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm Vers is technically both, so yes she used them.

And they're the same brand, so the formula clash is unlikely.
Yup! That's what I was hoping, that they would play nice =)

Originally Posted by Superfish19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I enjoy good CS. It makes it seem like they care and not just money hungry. I've just started Julep but heard their CS is questionable. Plus they only give you two polishes and a product. Getting three polishes and a product with great CS is a slam dunk.
I agree  with the CS - it's one of the problems I actually had with Julep. I had the worst time trying to cancel, I just wasn't impressed. Bondi seems like they are on top of everything!

UPDATE:

My second order arrived today. (What? The sale was still going on, so I just couldn't leave Strawberry Fields just sitting there all lonely!) I got an email from Richard this morning letting me know it was showing delivered and asking me to update him tonight to make sure it really was. I got home and excitedly unpacked the box in my bathroom when tragedy struck. Tragedy by the name of Maria - my cat, whom I had to remind myself I love dearly.

That is Chasing the Sun, which is a very lovely peachy orange color. It looks great in my grout! Strawberry Fields was, thankfully, unscathed. But City Slickers and NYPD chipped so badly on the bottom that I'm afraid of getting cut if I try to use them. I sent this pic to Richard and told him that my order arrived and looks great with bathroom tile! Within 10 min I had an email back saying a new order was on its way to me tomorrow. 

Rockstars. All the way. 

How

UPDATE: My second order arrived today. (What? The sale was still going on, so I just couldn't leave Strawberry Fields just sitting there all lonely!) I got an email from Richard this morning letting me know it was showing delivered and asking me to update him tonight to make sure it really was. I got home and excitedly unpacked the box in my bathroom when tragedy struck. Tragedy by the name of Maria - my cat, whom I had to remind myself I love dearly. That is Chasing the Sun, which is a very lovely peachy orange color. It looks great in my grout! Strawberry Fields was, thankfully, unscathed. But City Slickers and NYPD chipped so badly on the bottom that I'm afraid of getting cut if I try to use them. I sent this pic to Richard and told him that my order arrived and looks great with bathroom tile! Within 10 min I had an email back saying a new order was on its way to me tomorrow.  Rockstars. All the way. 
Wow that is wonderful they did that for you. Sorry about the polish all over the bathroom floor. At least it's a pretty color.

Wow I really am blown away with this company. Richard seems to go above and beyond. I adore the colors I already have. I need more, especially strawberries fields.

i am blown away by the cs...i say it again...i get more excited everyday(and with every story of greatness)!!!

Bondi truly does have Rockstar CS. THE best I've ever heard of. I'm glad that I'll be a customer of theirs and I hope it's a long and lasting relationship. Chasing the Sun is a good color for your bathroom floor...jk.

UPDATE:

My second order arrived today. (What? The sale was still going on, so I just couldn't leave Strawberry Fields just sitting there all lonely!) I got an email from Richard this morning letting me know it was showing delivered and asking me to update him tonight to make sure it really was. I got home and excitedly unpacked the box in my bathroom when tragedy struck. Tragedy by the name of Maria - my cat, whom I had to remind myself I love dearly.

That is Chasing the Sun, which is a very lovely peachy orange color. It looks great in my grout! Strawberry Fields was, thankfully, unscathed. But City Slickers and NYPD chipped so badly on the bottom that I'm afraid of getting cut if I try to use them. I sent this pic to Richard and told him that my order arrived and looks great with bathroom tile! Within 10 min I had an email back saying a new order was on its way to me tomorrow. 

Rockstars. All the way. 

Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bondi truly does have Rockstar CS. THE best I've ever heard of. I'm glad that I'll be a customer of theirs and I hope it's a long and lasting relationship. Chasing the Sun is a good color for your bathroom floor...jk.
Haha it almost looks like a piece of modern art, doesn't it? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back