Bondi - New Subscription Box (MERGED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random note here: I wore the shade I bought from them the other week, smexy Tardis Blue (aka NYPD) for the 4th. I used I'm Vers as the base and topcoat, which wore extremely well, dried pretty quickly, but I was even more impressed with NYPD. It was a one coater (except for my thumb where I had to go over it lightly with a second coat, my own fault), it was a self-leveling polish, and good at that. It was finally showing some tip wear yesterday, but other than that had good staying power for the 4 days I had it on. I only took it off because I was changing polish colors and I was worried about staining. (as blues tend to stain more frequently than other colors) Well, there was no staining at all and removal was a breeze.

I'm holding off on buying more colors until after I get the Mystery Box, but I'm definitely impressed with Bondi overall and can't wait for the subscription box to start. Now I need to decide which colors I'll be buying in August after the Mystery Box!

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Doooo it! You know you wanna! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You!!!

So August is Mystery and Sept is fall?  I might be on board by Sept/Fall.  You know new subs make me nervous (cough, cough fabfitfun).  I like to see how the shipping/logistics/cust service all plays out for a month or two before I join.

But from what I've seen so far they certainly have the customer service end wrapped up. 

I must be incredibly lucky.  My mail lady is seriously awesome.  I never lose mail and if it rains, she wraps in plastic bags and leaves it under the eaves on the garage.  I <3 her so much, I bake her cookies at least once every couple of weeks!

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hate my mailman... So my Bondi package was supposed to be here on Friday, but I didn't hear them knock on the door or anything, and now my tracking says "Attempted to deliver, contact USPS for redelivery" and "Notice left"... there was no notice anywhere near the door, or in the mailbox. They also didn't bother trying to re-deliver it on Saturday -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Worthless...

/rant off

just signed up to be on the waiting list they will send you an email on july 22nd to complete the registration and boxes will ship out 8/1/13 i am so going to cancel julep for this!!

I got all my money back.  I filed disputes against both charges.  That was after I called and got some snotty witch on the phone who made me so mad I actually swore at her...not something I normally  would ever do.  Two days after I filed the disputes, I got a call from Julep CS and that lady was very nice and apologetic...but I think at that point they didn't have much of a choice.  There was absolutely no excuse for what happened.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you have the receipts of confirmation for the cancellations? You can dispute the charge with your bank/cc company

So far I place 3 orders of bondi polish.  My most recent order of 5 polishes has not come yet.  I love the polish I have got so far   6 bottles however I was upset that some of the colors are not the same in the bottle as in the pictures when I ordered them. Blue skies is nothing remotely close to the picture its a blue /grayish color. Lovely but not what I thought the color would  be. Lady liberty is mint green and a little different than the picture too.  I love how long the polish stays on my hands my polish has never chipped. I wish the colors were more accurate though. I read that some of you got coupons with your orders. I didn't get any in any of my orders . I love the polish. just wish the colors online a bit more accurate

So far I place 3 orders of bondi polish.  My most recent order of 5 polishes has not come yet.  I love the polish I have got so far   6 bottles however I was upset that some of the colors are not the same in the bottle as in the pictures when I ordered them. Blue skies is nothing remotely close to the picture its a blue /grayish color. Lovely but not what I thought the color would  be. Lady liberty is mint green and a little different than the picture too.  I love how long the polish stays on my hands my polish has never chipped. I wish the colors were more accurate though. I read that some of you got coupons with your orders. I didn't get any in any of my orders . I love the polish. just wish the colors online a bit more accurate
Check the packing slip/receipt. My coupon code was written on the corner of that sheet.

Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have to keep in mind that colors are very difficult to portray accurately on every computer screen. What may look off to you, looks totally accurate to another. For example, I see Lady Liberty as mint green on my monitor. Screen type, resolution, brand, age, calibration, etc, etc, etc can all affect how you see colors on your monitor. I always check multiple sources and read reviews to get a better idea of what to expect. 
smile.gif

eta: words

I signed up and received an email from Bondi saying a link will be sent on the 22nd to officially join

I'm so over Julep, I painted my nails last night (2 coats and 2 coats of topcoat) and they are already seriously chipped. I wasn't typing or working with my hands at all other than a little note taking. Can't wait to try Bondi, also heard Sephora X is amazing. To the person who was nervous abt a new sub after FFF, I wouldn't worry, Bondi seems like an amazing company with top notch service. I think people will be dropping Julep like mad once they find out abt Bondi.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so over Julep, I painted my nails last night (2 coats and 2 coats of topcoat) and they are already seriously chipped. I wasn't typing or working with my hands at all other than a little note taking. Can't wait to try Bondi, also heard Sephora X is amazing. To the person who was nervous abt a new sub after FFF, I wouldn't worry, Bondi seems like an amazing company with top notch service. I think people will be dropping Julep like mad once they find out abt Bondi.
I didn't sub to FFF (bullet dodged).  I also don't sub to Julep.  I just prefer to wait and see how brand new subs work out shipping and logistics of monthly boxes before I sign up.  That being said Bondi seems on top of their game.  I think I will sign up in September for fall nails.  I have plenty of summer colors to last me July and August. 

i sooo agree i have so many julep polishes and while i am still painting my nails alot of their colors get clumpy and thick and i have to shake the bottle to make it thinner so annoying, i cant wait to try this new one their colors are so pretty too!

@Ann Tucci Well played on FFF. That's a good strategy on waiting to see how subs work out. I subbed to FFF for the Moroccanoil bc I had been wanting to try it. I ended up getting lucky and got a backordered box that was actually a little better than the blogger box, I still cancelled bc I thought it was bad business and just plain shady.

Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll tell you what has happened to me, I'll look at a product on one screen of one computer and then on another screen of another computer and they'll look different! LOL Like what MissTrix said, sometimes some computers render color differently. My husband works with computers and programming and I'm constantly telling him to check my screen resolution and coloring to see if he can get it as close to what it should be as possibly, but sometimes you never know. If I recall CORRECTLY (don't quote me on this, I'm not entirely sure but I'll double check soon and let everyone know) they can send you swatches.

The coupon code is stamped onto the bottom of your receipt! (Usually on the bottom right, at least that's where it's been on mine!)

Hope this helps!
smile.gif

I'll tell you what has happened to me, I'll look at a product on one screen of one computer and then on another screen of another computer and they'll look different! LOL Like what MissTrix said, sometimes some computers render color differently. My husband works with computers and programming and I'm constantly telling him to check my screen resolution and coloring to see if he can get it as close to what it should be as possibly, but sometimes you never know. If I recall CORRECTLY (don't quote me on this, I'm not entirely sure but I'll double check soon and let everyone know) they can send you swatches. The coupon code is stamped onto the bottom of your receipt! (Usually on the bottom right, at least that's where it's been on mine!) Hope this helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Pretty much every cosmetic item I have ever ordered has looked different IRL than online. The screen plays a part and so does the lighting/camera settings in the photo. I liken it to ordering clothes or shoes online since there's a risk it might not fit/look as pictured.

Hey! I just verified about the swatches! YES, they can send some to you, free of charge. Just ask them via live chat on their website, pop them an email or give them a call and ask!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey! I just verified about the swatches! YES, they can send some to you, free of charge. Just ask them via live chat on their website, pop them an email or give them a call and ask!
smile.gif
That's awesome! There were a few colors I was a little unsure about. 

Off to chat with Bondi! 
headphonedance.gif

I just swatched my Bondi purchase last night. I can not believe how wonderful the formula. I am impressed!  Is it August yet?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Make sure your monitor is properly calibrated. If you've never done it, there is a good chance the colors might be a little off. If you have a Mac, they have a built in program to do this called "Display Calibration Assistant", its already installed and will walk you through the steps. If you have a PC, its a bit trickier - the best option is a little piece of hardware called a calibration tool, but obviously unless you're a designer or photographer this is a bit much. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you're using Windows 7 or 8, there is a built in calibration tool that is about as good as it gets, though its not perfect since PCs can use an endless range of monitor makes and models. Its under the Control Panel under "Calibrate Display Color".

I'm a graphic designer for the web and calibration issues are a neverending headache for me, lol. What looks good on my calibrated iMac could look completely different on a customer's PC, and I have no way of correcting that unless I get them to calibrate their monitor properly. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back