Bondi - New Subscription Box (MERGED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won this Fuschia-istic on FB Fan contest. I got back in town yesterday. Sadly, some of my nails broke over the trip so I had to cut 'em short.

Just a little update on my experience with Bondi CS: they have contacted USPS on my behalf and arranged a redelivery of my package. Since I never had a slip on my door and I have two different post offices that my mail goes through, I had no idea which one it ended up at (I live literally on the very border of two towns). I called one post office and was forever on hold, and the other one was closed already by the time I called them. Richard's team went above and beyond for my little package, and that's exactly what I have in mind when I think of "Rockstar customer service". I can't wait for their subscription service to launch in August, because I need more Bondi in my life. That's right, Mike, NEED!

P.S.: Mike is my husband, who always laughs every time I use the word "need" when I talk about getting yet another bottle of nail polish, moisturizer, monthly subscription... you name it!

It's so random.  Both of my daughters have never had a problem with them but my sister has had a couple of issues with double billing but got refunded immediately after contacting them.  For me, it's way too much drama.  I just want one box and one charge and when I call for any reason, I just want it fixed without argument.  I don't think that's too much to ask!

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@DonnaD I too have experienced horrible service from Julep.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won this Fuschia-istic on FB Fan contest. I got back in town yesterday. Sadly, some of my nails broke over the trip so I had to cut 'em short.

Your mani looks super cute! 
smilehappyyes.gif

Very nice, love the color!

Quote:Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love Love LOVE the ruffian and the chevrons!!!

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a little update on my experience with Bondi CS: they have contacted USPS on my behalf and arranged a redelivery of my package. Since I never had a slip on my door and I have two different post offices that my mail goes through, I had no idea which one it ended up at (I live literally on the very border of two towns). I called one post office and was forever on hold, and the other one was closed already by the time I called them. Richard's team went above and beyond for my little package, and that's exactly what I have in mind when I think of "Rockstar customer service". I can't wait for their subscription service to launch in August, because I need more Bondi in my life. That's right, Mike, NEED!

P.S.: Mike is my husband, who always laughs every time I use the word "need" when I talk about getting yet another bottle of nail polish, moisturizer, monthly subscription... you name it!
That is amazing CS...I'm so excited for the sub box. my hubby is weird when it comes to my polish/makeup related addiction...he always just asks me if i paid the bills before i went shopping ( sometimes i think hes serious...but mostly he's joking..his sense of humor is off like that...but then again mine is too, thats why he's so perfect for me
wub.gif
)

I can't wait!!

i'm giving julep one more month to impress me, so far their customer service has been slow and insensitive, products havent been great imo for the price...but i do like the option to skip when i don't like it and being able to preview the colors and items.

Anyone having issue with their Bondi polish chipping immediately? I've used I'm Vers with both Strawberry Fields and Lady Liberty, and I can't even make it 24 hours without a chip. Any ideas? 

Originally Posted by penny13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone having issue with their Bondi polish chipping immediately? I've used I'm Vers with both Strawberry Fields and Lady Liberty, and I can't even make it 24 hours without a chip. Any ideas? 
Hmm, maybe you applied it too thick? Mine lasted about a week, and I actually had to take it off eventually just so I could paint my nails with a different color.

I wore Chasing the Sun for 3-4 days with no issue. that was with cleaning, dishes, mowing lawn and weed whacking.

Hmm, maybe you applied it too thick? Mine lasted about a week, and I actually had to take it off eventually just so I could paint my nails with a different color.
Hmm, maybe? I try to do it with a pretty light touch. I'll try it again being super careful - thanks for the advice!

Originally Posted by neblinosa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wore Chasing the Sun for 3-4 days with no issue. that was with cleaning, dishes, mowing lawn and weed whacking.
Right?? This is what I've been hearing - I basically did nothing all day, maybe some light reading, and poof! Chipped! 

Hmm, maybe? I try to do it with a pretty light touch. I'll try it again being super careful - thanks for the advice!

Right?? This is what I've been hearing - I basically did nothing all day, maybe some light reading, and poof! Chipped! 
Could be a body chemistry thing. There's almost nothing that works for everyone

Hmm, maybe? I try to do it with a pretty light touch. I'll try it again being super careful - thanks for the advice! Right?? This is what I've been hearing - I basically did nothing all day, maybe some light reading, and poof! Chipped! 
is it just with Bondi or do u have the same issue with other brands? Do u clean ur nails with polish remover before u Polish them?

OMG LEX....I LOOOOOVE this...it is gorgeous!
claps.gif
and one of my nails broke today
frown.gif
....they keep doing that...grrrrrr

....are our husbands related? Cause I swear, they must be twins or something LOL It's like, HUSH YOU, yes I NEED it....it brightens my day, therefore causes me to be happy, which is in fact a good mood, which will cause me to be a wonderful sweet and giddy wife, which I KNOW you want and I KNOW makes you happy, plus it makes your life so much easier (just saying)...so...thus...YOU NEED THIS TOO. That, my dears, is when he hands me the credit card! (LOL, OK, maybe this is an over-dramatization but you get the idea
wink.gif
)

My five polishes came today along with  my coupon on the bottom of my receipt. I love my new polish. Amazing I got it in one day what great service !

Love your Mani- how did you do that nail art? Im an avid painter but I'm just getting interested in accenting, thanks to my MUT Sistas

There're quite a few factors that could contribute, sometimes it could be body chemistry, how hot it is outside when you apply it can also cause to not last as long. Do you swipe your nails with remover before applying polish (this is after polish removal) to remove any residue/lotion/etc? Did you use a base coat? You can use I'm Vers as both a base coat and a topcoat, which is super handy.

I've also learned that some polishes react better to their own brand of base/topcoats and will peel/flake sooner if you use a different brand basecoat or no basecoat at all.

Did you use a base or topcoat? Some just don't play nice with certain polishes.

I've been using Bellini Gel top coat and Deborah Lippmann UV and waterproof topcoat.  I know these are expensive but it woks.  I'm curious to try I'm Vers..

Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you use a base or topcoat? Some just don't play nice with certain polishes.
I'm Vers is technically both, so yes she used them.

And they're the same brand, so the formula clash is unlikely.

Latest posts

Back