Bondi - New Subscription Box (MERGED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it will be an either/or one for me since you can preview colors.  Personally I love Julep.  Maybe I've been lucky but I don't have an issue with their consistency and I really like many of their non-nail products like their hand scrub, the strawberry balm, the argan oil, etc.  And for me, the customer service has been really great.  Obviously this hasn't been the case for everyone according to what I read here, but that's been my experience.  That said, I'm definitely not planning to spend $40/month on nail polish, so I think I'll be bouncing back and forth a bit since I really, really like what I've seen from Bondi, both in the bottle and out.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On the size thing, I am sure I'm in the minority on this one, but I actually wish all sizes were smaller....there are so few colors from any brand that I will ever end up using entirely.  I know it's better for the polish settling-wise to have more in the bottle (at least that's what I've been told) but if I had my way, everything would be mini's! 

I may have an emoticon obsession... but it was fun!

Hmmm, beauty items... I honestly hope it's NOT a lip scrub or a nail file (just because they're pretty inexpensive on their own).  I'd love to see a luxurious hand cream, a nice nail care set, or even something that isn't hand/nail related!  (or "could be", but not necessarily... like eyeshadow pigments!  I've seen tutorials pop up recently on mixing pigments with clear nail polish for a customized nail color!  How cool would that be?)

Keep the ideas/suggestions coming!  After all... we know Richard is watching!   (Hiiiiii, Richard!)

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I may have an emoticon obsession... but it was fun!

Hmmm, beauty items... I honestly hope it's NOT a lip scrub or a nail file (just because they're pretty inexpensive on their own).  I'd love to see a luxurious hand cream, a nice nail care set, or even something that isn't hand/nail related!  (or "could be", but not necessarily... like eyeshadow pigments!  I've seen tutorials pop up recently on mixing pigments with clear nail polish for a customized nail color!  How cool would that be?)

Keep the ideas/suggestions coming!  After all... we know Richard is watching!   (Hiiiiii, Richard!)
LMAO
bandit.gif

Just signed up!  Aaaand took advantage of the buy 3 get 3 free deal. 
headphonedance.gif

All signed up here!  I've loved the service and quality I've received from Bondi so far! 

I was going to buy a bottle of the Lime Light polish, but glad I didn't because I found out about their upcoming subscription box a day or two later.  Since the first box is based on their current colors, I don't want to order anymore before I see what they send.  I did end up ordering botanical beauty, chasing the sun, teal magnolia (which so many people have complimented me on, and some have tried to steal away from me, lol), and brick road, and two bottles of the Im vers clear coat. 

I'll still be a member of Julep (at least for the time being), but I don't like that their focus is going more towards beauty and makeup and less on the nail colors/finishes.  I don't like the new smell of the polish as of late, kind of fruity and skunky.  I'll either end up skipping one or the other once Bondi starts up, or I'll eventually cancel Julep.  And I'm with reepy, I like the smaller bottles too.

For those who are kinda wishing for mini bottles. I spoke to Richard about that 2 weeks ago and here's his reply via email: We have looked into mini size bottles, similar to those produced by some of our competitors. The unfortunate problem we have is that there is only a 0.05 cent price difference between producing mini polishes and the full sized polishes. This is something we are working with our manufacturer on to see if we can improve the saving so that we can look at providing the option you mentioned. In addition, there are a couple of other channels that we are investigating where we can produce duo-sticks with smaller quantities of polish. I did replied and said that dual polish seems a good idea however I brought up that Revlon already has that out for their neon collection. It may not work that way because what if you're doing a nail art and need both colors out or something. Frequent slightly shake or movements creats bubbles in polish. This clearly shows that they're still trying to figure it out. I would prefer mini sizes especially when it's trend colors and big size for classics.

I replied to the email I received confirming my subscription to their monthly box basically just telling them how excited I am to try their service and wishing them good luck. I received a very nice email back from Richard notifying me of my status of an order I placed as well as information about their service. If their boxes are half as lovely as their company and customer service, they have a winner on their hands. Thanks Glossybox for the massive fail of June box. I plan on spending that money on Bondi instead.

Anyone know what service they're using for shipping to monthly subscription?  

What service do they use to ship regular purchases off their site?  

I just got my first Squarehue box, and I'm going to be cancelling it in favor of this one instead. The colors didn't impress me much.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my first Squarehue box, and I'm going to be cancelling it in favor of this one instead. The colors didn't impress me much.
Same here... The colors were very bleh for me this month.

Wow really? I was gonna sub square hue but never did because I didn't like the idea that we can't choose colors.

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone know what service they're using for shipping to monthly subscription?  

What service do they use to ship regular purchases off their site?  
Regular orders were USPS. Don't know about the sub box yet.

Same here... The colors were very bleh for me this month.
I agree. I paused my subscription for this month and i didn''t regret it! I would've been disappointed with those colors. Last months colors didn't thrill me either...so glad bondi has come along!

Regular orders were USPS. Don't know about the sub box yet.
Ann Tucci asked that question to Bondi FB Fan page and here what Bondi replied: Hi Ann, with polish, it has to go by ground because its considered hazardous. We're shipping via USPS First Class. We've found that 90% of our orders are delivered within 2 days (even to the West Coast!) A lot of subscription boxes use USPS Parcel Select which can take up to ten days because its a cheaper option. Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by nichayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do I reserve a spot for this sub?
Just go to bondinewyork.com and click on Subscription Box up at the top! You just have to fill in your name and email and you'll be contacted closer to the launch time to complete the subscription
smile.gif

Back