Box of Style By Zoe Report Summer 2016 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed them yesterday because I ended up buying the box Saturday after seeing spoilers, but never received a confirmation email (of the buy). They emailed back saying all boxes would be shipped by the 15th, and they ship starting from the oldest customers to the newest.

I emailed them yesterday because I ended up buying the box Saturday after seeing spoilers, but never received a confirmation email (of the buy). They emailed back saying all boxes would be shipped by the 15th, and they ship starting from the oldest customers to the newest.
Innnnteresting, I didn't think they took that into consideration.  I have been an annual subscriber since day 1; my shipment info was sent on the 4th but the box didn't start moving (in CA) until today.  Will arrive (in OH) on the 16th. 

I too have been a subscriber since day 1 but have not heard anything about my box so I contacted them today and received the stock response "our Summer Box is shipping now from earliest members to newest and should be complete by June 15, 2016".  I think what they failed to mention is that "influencers" and bloggers are top priority and they will get the rest of the subs mailed by mid to late June.  Maybe this is what happens when a box doesn't sell as well as they hoped but to me it just appears to be straight up lying.

My box arrived today and I totally love it.  The hair spray smells wonderful and really does work (uh-oh, now I have to purchase a full size).  Oddly enough, I'm most excited about the hair turban. . it's so soft and looks like better quality than my Turbie Twist, plus it looks way more chic.  

the necklace and ring are very nice quality, better than I was expecting based on pictures.  The caftan is also prettier in person and the lotion and sunglasses are good back ups.  

My box arrived today with the signed box lid - I really like everything better in person and think that the curation was spot on for the season.  I am most excited about the turban and really liked the sunglasses - sadly they are too big for my face.  I think the cover-up is cute but I only wear SPF clothing outside so this will be given away.  It's a fun box for sure.  

Reija, on 10 Jun 2016 - 6:43 PM, said:Reija, on 10 Jun 2016 - 6:43 PM, said:There were signed boxes going around? Glad to hear you got one @@MET!! I didn't even know there was a possibility of getting one.
I didn't know it either but the other pictures I saw did not have the signature - this is what the box looked like.

Box of Style.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my box today.  The sunglasses  are nice, nothing I would have thought to pick for myself, but very nice.  Ithe cover-up is quite roomy.  I can completely picture myself, margarita in hand, tripping in it.  I am 5'3"". lol.  The necklace is nice.  The ring is a bit too long for my fingers.  I got a black turban   Overall, quite happy.

Everything in the box looks lovely! They just are items I have no need for. I am REALLLLLLYYYYYY excited about the Fall box and im patiently waiting to re - sub for it! Lol.

I meant to cancel this ahead of time. My box is supposed to get here today and I'm all meh about it. 

I wasn't quite sure about the box before having it in my hands but once I had it, I was sold. I was worried about the caftan working for me but it ended up being perfect and many other things in the box too ended up being nicer than I thought ahead of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I saw that email I couldn't help but think how amazing she is/why this box is worth it. It is very well thought out, even if not everyone's styles all the time. I personally liked this box a lot more than I thought I would. And I have been newly introduced to hair turbans- I can't believe I have never used one before! I went to TJMaxx and bought a few more to have as backups- but they aren't nearly as "luxe" as the one that came in the box.

Zoe report did a feature on the caftan showing 3 ways to wear it

http://thezoereport.com/fashion/style-tips/3-unexpected-ways-style-caftan/

I watched the unboxing and thinking of getting one, but dang, $100?! Need to set my priorities straight! If we didnt pay our CPA yet, maybe I could have asked my husband to get me one. The caftan is so gorgeous! I can imagine myself wearing that often esp we will be traveling for summer.

I wasn't quite sure about the box before having it in my hands but once I had it, I was sold. I was worried about the caftan working for me but it ended up being perfect and many other things in the box too ended up being nicer than I thought ahead of time.
I felt the same way. . especially since the jewelry was kind of a 'meh' hero item for me at first.  But in person, the necklace feels a lot more substantial and is different from anything I own.  The ring looks a little weird on my chubby fingers, but I'll try and find a way to make it work.  Even still, I think the value of $190 might be inflated quite a bit (whereas the watch, Miansai bracelet, and purses all seemed accurately valued).   

I was watching an unboxing on the Zoe Report and one of the team members wore the necklace with a t-shirt and just the circular section peeking out, it was very pretty and delicate.  

While this wasn't my all time favorite box, it is a great box for summer and I am more than satisfied with the value for the $100 I paid.   

So I wore the cover up for the first time to a concert last night as a dress and am dismayed to see there is already a HUGE snag in it in the middle with a hole forming. It's really poor quality. When I put it on there were threads dangling from the neckline I had to cut too. I have target cover ups that hold up better than this. I emailed them with a picture- not sure if they can send me a new unsnagged one or whatever but it was very disappointing! I had plans for this!

My box arrived today and I totally love it.  The hair spray smells wonderful and really does work (uh-oh, now I have to purchase a full size).  Oddly enough, I'm most excited about the hair turban. . it's so soft and looks like better quality than my Turbie Twist, plus it looks way more chic.  

the necklace and ring are very nice quality, better than I was expecting based on pictures.  The caftan is also prettier in person and the lotion and sunglasses are good back ups.  
I agree. This box made me really regret my yearly subscription.

It's better in person but I'd probably choose not to get it if I had the choice. I like the turban the most too LOL. The necklace and ring are not my style and there is no way they are worth $190. I hate when boxes inflate values like that. BoS was good at stating values for a while: the Miansai bracelet, the watch, the winter ring - all made sense. This however doesn't make sense.

Personally, I like the turban and sunscreen and I can wear the necklace and coverup (I guess) so it's not a complete waste. The sunglasses I'll gift, because I have glasses and can't wear them. Also I have a small face so none of the generic sunglasses ever fit me, even when I had contacts. Sigh.

I finally got to wear the coverup last week while visiting my mom in Florida.  I did not have a margarita and therefore, did not trip. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   It came in handy.   My sunglasses broke however, after wearing them twice.

Back