CFDA POPSUGAR Must Have box, Special Edition April 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My problem is I only wear silver, I hate gold and give all the gold pieces away. Even that is getting hard because most of my friends only wear silver. It's the reason I passed on Rachael Zoe because the spoiler was in gold. Its also the reason why I skip other boxes from various people. This being a fashion box, I don't want to get it and find out there are gold pieces in it. $100 I take chances, but not $195. If the spoiler is amazing, then I am reconsider. 

Edited to add another crazy fact about myself...even gold hardware on handbags,wallets,etc will have me passing it by
I don't feel quite as strongly, but I know what you mean. I sometimes wear gold if I get it as a gift or in a sub, but I don't want the main item in a box to be in the category of, 'I guess I may as well use this if it's on hand.' Plus my ears aren't pierced, and my head is too small for a lot of sunglasses or hats. So this box is too much of a risk for me, but I'll be really interested to see what people get. 

My problem is I only wear silver, I hate gold and give all the gold pieces away. Even that is getting hard because most of my friends only wear silver. It's the reason I passed on Rachael Zoe because the spoiler was in gold. Its also the reason why I skip other boxes from various people. This being a fashion box, I don't want to get it and find out there are gold pieces in it. $100 I take chances, but not $195. If the spoiler is amazing, then I am reconsider. 

Edited to add another crazy fact about myself...even gold hardware on handbags,wallets,etc will have me passing it by
This is me too.  Gold just looks funny on my skin tone.  Silver is great!

I'm so tempted by this one...will see what the tax return is I guess...

I do get a little "over" what they say the retail value is of the box: it's often a couple of inflated products like $$$ moisturizers making it seem really expensive. It would be cool to get $600 of value in the form of 12 $50 products once in a while. I'm just basic like that I guess...

I'm so tempted by this one...will see what the tax return is I guess...

I do get a little "over" what they say the retail value is of the box: it's often a couple of inflated products like $$$ moisturizers making it seem really expensive. It would be cool to get $600 of value in the form of 12 $50 products once in a while. I'm just basic like that I guess...
Yes, if they give this one the Neiman Marcus treatment where it's basically just really fancy/overpriced versions of stuff you could get in a monthly box I will be NONE HAPPY.  $100 picture frame, I'm looking at you. 

I m still undecided on this box, what are some guesses for this box.  Do you think it ll be a food, a make-up/skincare, an accessory, a home item  mix or mostly fashion accessories.  I d love to see Rebecaa Minkoff and Swarvorski in there.  What you would like to see?  

Spent $350 on my geriatric kitty today and he might need a tooth pulled. That puts me out of ordering this box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But I can not wait to see what's in it!

I'm thinking and hoping there will be some DVF. She's the president of CFDA, I think.

This is one box I think we can expect to be higher end with more established designers....I hope.
A DVF item would be really nice! If she has anything to do with curating this box, it could be totally amazing. This box is still out of my price range but I'm rooting for everyone else who is getting it and can't wait to see what's in it.

The Council of Fashion Designers of America has also announced its participation in the 2015 Coachella festival. On Saturday, April 11, the CFDA — in partnership with PopSugar Inc. and designer Mara Hoffman — will host a celebratory brunch for its new "Must Have Box," which is a collection of items from CFDA members. A portion of sales from the box will go to benefit the CFDA Foundation.
I was pretty excited for this box until I read they were having an event for it at Coachella.  Don't get me wrong...I love music and music festivals but I am so over the fringe, crochet and cut-offs that is festival fashion.  I have a feeling that this box might skew young.  But if Mara Hoffman is involved I might still have to go for it.  And maybe this means spoilers this weekend?

I was pretty excited for this box until I read they were having an event for it at Coachella.  Don't get me wrong...I love music and music festivals but I am so over the fringe, crochet and cut-offs that is festival fashion.  I have a feeling that this box might skew young.  But if Mara Hoffman is involved I might still have to go for it.  And maybe this means spoilers this weekend?
thanks for finding. I looked up Mara Hoffmans accessories - and just not really my style :/  Hmmm. hoping spoilers come out then!

I was pretty excited for this box until I read they were having an event for it at Coachella. Don't get me wrong...I love music and music festivals but I am so over the fringe, crochet and cut-offs that is festival fashion. I have a feeling that this box might skew young. But if Mara Hoffman is involved I might still have to go for it. And maybe this means spoilers this weekend?
I agree, the Coachella reference has me scared. Praying for spoilers. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Have they said how many items are going to be in the box or just that the value will be around $600? 

I think I'm going to get this box...I'm not tempted by any other boxes right now and I've been using a capsule wardrobe lately so I'm not really shopping. Yep, I've finally justified this purchase in my mind. LOL 

They have so many brands that I love listed in the background of the CFDA box on their site, I would love a DVF wrap dress, Tom Ford polarized sunglasses, a pair of Kate Spade earrings, Marc Jacobs iPhone cover, Trina Turk coverup and a Mara Hoffman monokini. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> A girl can dream. 

Did you guys get the email...this goes on sale 4/15.  Not sure if that was already known, but it was news to me!

Back