Circular Swap #5: West Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh. This site has become so difficult to navigate for me all of a sudden. Thank you all for being so understanding! The tracking number is 9405 9036 9930 0173 7481 19, it's just been printed and I'm on my way to drop the package off now. Gosh what a week!

So the box should be on the way, but I forgot to say that one of the eyeshadows in the box arrived broken! It's the Sephora eyeshadow quad, one of the colors got smooshed but the rest still looked usable so I separated it from the rest. I believe it was listed as "swatched" and I'm pretty sure I transferred the "swatched" sticker, but I'm not sure. But feemia, if you see any pretty dust over some samples, that's why!

@@derpyderp oh no!!! how sad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( I thought I bubbled wrapped that sucker!
It was well wrapped, for some reason one of the shadows didn't go through. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think most of it is there (once I realized it was broken, I didn't mess with it much other than to see if it could be salvaged- with some effort, I think it can since it was just one http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-repair-broken-eyeshadow/). I just hope it makes it!! I had to leave it out to save the other pretties from the pretty dust. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just checked the tracking. I can't believe the box is taking this long to get to the other side of the state.

Just checked the tracking. I can't believe the box is taking this long to get to the other side of the state.
I checked it this morning too.  What the heck was it doing in Portland!?

It should be here tomorrow, unless they decide to send it to Spokane first  :wacko: .  That has happened to me with packages in the past.  Like a game of keep-away, it goes back and forth past me but it doesn't stop. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked it this morning too.  What the heck was it doing in Portland!?
My guess is that they're sending it via ground?? I don't know. It's priority shipping, in a priority box. It was bad enough that it took them days to pick it up. I'm so annoyed - that box wants to go home!

I hope it gets to you tomorrow!!

I just checked the tracking again and oh my goodness, it did go to Spokane!  The truck was 8 miles from my house as at passed by on it's way from Portland to Spokane.  

My mail has been so screwed up since USPS closed our local sorting facility.  But it looks like it's on it's way back, so I probably will get it tomorrow.

How does everyone feel about votive candles?  I opened the cupboard where I keep my candles/tarts/oils and realized that I have more candles than I can burn in a year.  Plus my husband recently decided that he's allergic to them.  (He's a dork, he's not allergic, he just prefers citrusy lemony-fresh scents, while I like cozy vanilla/laundry scents.)

I have a pile of votives from Gold Canyon Candle Co and bags of hand-poured candles that I bought from an ebay seller.

I personally LOVE candles! I also have one or two laying around I could throw in :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just found the one I was thinking of and it's by no means a votive but I could always pack it in! It's mangosteen and grapefruit if anyone would like!

I've never tried candles. I have a three year-old and a very curious cat so I can't exactly light them up, but if I saw them in a swap box I might take one for sure! It can be my little secret candle.

I got the box!  I have a nasty cold, so I came home from work early.  Looking through the goodies in the box is making me feel a bit better.

Here are photos of everything in the box.

2014-05-01 15.00.36.jpg2014-05-01 15.05.52.jpg

WOW, that looks like a lot!! I never took it all out at once because the 3 year-old was always around, but wow! 

How did the broken quad make it? Do you think it's salvageable? 

SO glad it's finally there!!!

WOW, that looks like a lot!! I never took it all out at once because the 3 year-old was always around, but wow! 

How did the broken quad make it? Do you think it's salvageable? 

SO glad it's finally there!!!
I was afraid to unwrap the quad until Sunday.  Once I took a look at it, I couldn't resist fixing it.  So I guess it's mine now that I've rescued it.   :)  It probably wouldn't survive another trip through the mail.

Here it is after I recovered as much product as a could.  I doused it in rubbing alcohol and let it set for a couple of hours before cleaning up the stray dust.

2014-05-04 13.53.59.jpg

I'm going to wait at least a couple of weeks before I send the box out again.   I'd like to wait until I get my May Birchbox, plus I'm expecting a couple of nail polish mystery bags and an Out of the Box Sampler this month.

I'll probably upgrade to a large flat rate box, unless I develop some magical packing skills.

@@feemia Oh no, the pretty gold color!! I am glad you were able to salvage & enjoy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I am totally cool with waiting. I have a few boxes coming + so many indies coming in with samples that I'd love to include. 

Hey ladies, how do you feel about indie makeup? I have a few sample eyeshadows I haven't used yet that I probably won't! 

I would love to try indie makeup!

Also, I would love to know what your general and/or specific wish lists are. That way I don't put anything in the box that nobody wants.

My wish list is more general:

Lippies

Eyeliners

Nail polish

Hand creams

Eyeshadows

Lip scrubs

Perfume rollerballs

I think I'm going to get the box in the mail Thursday.  Pajohnso is skipping this round, so I'll be sending directly to @rachelshine.

In the meantime, I have pictures!

What I took.

2014-05-16 23.12.23.jpg

I also took out the items that were still left from what I put in the starter box.

2014-05-19 21.47.35.jpg

This is what was left.

2014-05-20 18.39.38.jpg

This is what I added.  The 1st photo below is mostly items from the Out of the Box Sampler that I got from Etsy this month.

2014-05-20 18.53.10.jpg2014-05-20 18.47.29.jpg2014-05-20 18.16.33.jpg

Back